It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And you thought Benghazi was over......

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Mr. Smith and Ambassador Stevens were with the State Dept, living and working at the Ambassador's residential compound. That location used locally-hired people for their day to day security.

About a mile away was another compound where the CIA military contractors were.

When the Ambassador's compound was overrun, the locals left Ambassador Stevens and his staff to their own devices. The residence had a 'safe area' where the Ambassador and Mr. Smith holed up when the compound was overrun, calling everyone they could to get some reinforcements.

The attackers started several fires in and around the residence, and the smoke filled the safe area as well as the rest of the residence. The safe area was only hardened against physical entry... not against smoke.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I would venture to say, after talking to the guys that WERE there, she would know when those guys made calls for help, in the thick of things.

The whole affair played out over the course of a night ... the best account I've read is a book called '13 Hours'. Now a movie, too, I think. Very short on the political bs, and long on the play-by-play as it happened on the ground as told to the author by the survivors.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm not sure how you can tell where my bias might lie from a strictly factual answer to a question that I thought was a genuine question, but instead appears to have been a troll tag team setup.

My bad.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CantStandIt
a reply to: Annee

I would venture to say, after talking to the guys that WERE there, she would know when those guys made calls for help, in the thick of things.

The whole affair played out over the course of a night ... the best account I've read is a book called '13 Hours'. Now a movie, too, I think. Very short on the political bs, and long on the play-by-play as it happened on the ground as told to the author by the survivors.

I am not privy to how war works.

I am not at that level of decision making. And will never pretend to think I have a clue what its really like - - or what went on.

Stuff happens. Its war. You're on foreign soil. Its not a video game where you can start the level over.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Stuff happens. Its war. You're on foreign soil. Its not a video game where you can start the level over.

That we can agree on.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If you truly cared about honoring them or their honor at all, you'd understand that you can never let this go. You can't let it go until justice is served and those responsible are brought before it. The investigation into Hillary was such a ridiculous joke; you had Comey go before people and literally read a list of things that she did, and then announce that they're not going to charge her with anything. It was a farce and a stage show, nothing more.

Again, if you cared anything for the honor of the individuals we lost that day, you wouldn't be so eager to move on from it and absolve Hillary based on some asinine "investigation". Get real.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CantStandIt

They don't believe it because it was made by Michael Bay,apparently,I KNOW,stupid but it was said.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

edit on 21-7-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

you are a disgusting delusional human that will fallow the political party you feel you belong to no matter who horrible they behave.

I was a dem and i supported Obama for 8 years

I made a mistake and have the integrity to say so and change. Im still a progressive but the democratic party is out of control and full of sick corrupt murders

Think for yourself and stop being led like a brainwashed fool.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

They did and the honest progressives did to you idiot... Thats why we placed Obama in office TWICE! AND LOOK WHAT HE DID! He made the middle east even worse with proxy wars...

You need to gain back your integrity and start thinking for yourself. STop just supporting the democrats just because thats what you did in the past... look to the future and grow up kid.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Thanks for the clarity. I don't understand the military anymore. Who is private and who is gov issued.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CantStandIt

I'm not sure how you can tell where my bias might lie from a strictly factual answer to a question that I thought was a genuine question, but instead appears to have been a troll tag team setup.

My bad.

It's simple. You are declaring that this woman is truthful when a clear analysis of the situation proves that she couldn't possibly know all the details.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

In fact, I didn't make any declaration at all about her statement. Annee asked how she could possibly know what happened. I gave a factual answer as to how she could know.

The rest of my posts on this topic have also been facts I gathered from reading the first hand accounts of people who survived.

I think the whole thing was a train wreck, but you'll notice I have specifically avoided the politics of it. And specifically avoided stating how I would feel were it my loved one. My feelings aren't relevant because it wasn't my kid, and I don't think either party has a grip on foreign operations of any kind.

How you get from that to lumping me in to the colloquial 'y'all' is a mystery to me.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

There is no possible way she could have known what happened. That is the only correct answer. That is what we are trying to explain to you. She doesn't have the security clearances nor the permission to officially investigate this case, thus she would never have access to any critical details or evidence that would determine guilt. All she has is her biases and the trust of politicians who are telling her she is correct.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Godstuff

Yes, daaad.

I don't follow any political party. Or anyone who offers advice like a scolding parent.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

In an email to her daughter shortly after the attack, Hillary Clinton blamed it on terrorism. But when I saw Hillary Clinton at Sean’s coffin ceremony two days later, she looked me squarely in the eye and told me a video was responsible.

Anyone think this will be asked by any journalist, providing Hillary allows questions from reporters. Anyone think Trump will ask Hillary about this in a debate?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
why is hillary not thrown in a cold dark cell? the evidence is everywhere if you know where to look, shes not even good at lying.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
why is hillary not thrown in a cold dark cell? the evidence is everywhere if you know where to look, shes not even good at lying.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Kind of late to the show but this isn't over. The State Dept. Accountability Review clearly shows that repeated requests for additional security personnel were made in the weeks preceeding. Ms. Clinton can claim she never got he word, but her immediate underlings did, and she is responsible for policy.
Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans were left to fend for themselves, and were killed while waiting for support that never came in spite of repeated requests under the most dire of circumstances.
Is this the kind of administration that inspires others to serve their nation?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Godstuff
a reply to: intrptr

you are a disgusting delusional human that will fallow the political party you feel you belong to no matter who horrible they behave.

I was a dem and i supported Obama for 8 years

I made a mistake and have the integrity to say so and change. Im still a progressive but the democratic party is out of control and full of sick corrupt murders

Think for yourself and stop being led like a brainwashed fool.

I like your honesty...I hope there are millions just like you.

Don't get to wound up over other posters.

Most are not even Americans...

Some seem to delight in, and dream of, America's destruction.

edit on 21-7-2016 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join