It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take that Islamophobes — Muslim Man Dies Saving Hundreds of Lives by Hugging a Suicide Bomber

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Where is the like button?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Okay first of all I do hate Islam, but I really hate religion altogether. I know that there are plenty ofngood Muslim people, same with Christians, but the Wahhbist surge in current Islam is dangerous. Not for just the US but all nations in the world, including even Muslim nations.

This man's actions were extremely heroic though. That split second reaction just show what kind of a man he was. It's saddening that 37 were still killed but many lives were spared.

May he rest in peace.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: whatsup86

when did i ever say there is only one kind of muslim?

hey i guess you got to keep up some false narrative as to feed the need to a sjw

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Many have..then the feds let it happen anyway..it's a fact.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's like saying "I read a book over a pot of coffee about brain surgery..I totally understand brain surgery"

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Why does it always have to be about religion or come down to religion?

Every place has their crazies. There is no country out there that doesn't have their share of bad apples.

I understand why the OP posted this but the fact that it had to be posted to educate the mass is really sad.

The IRA use to do this type of stuff all the time and probably still do; yet the word terrorism is now being attributed to only those of Middle Eastern background or of Muslim religion.

So sad that we have not evolved past this but instead seem to be going backwards...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I'm just gonna say thanks to all who posted here. I haven't even read the replies yet. I haven't been on in a few days. I don't want to look like I abandoned the thread. Reading now...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree with you to a point. I only posted this because it is rare to read about it and it's nice to see.
edit on 22-7-2016 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Whoa there! I am NOT "one of those people." I do understand it. And I am fully for gun rights. (why the hell am I defending myself?) I just thought it would be nice to see a positive story on the issue.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

Thanks for sharing this. I know Muslims, too, not close friends though, but they are very nice, except one, but I deal with him. He has a vibe about him I don't trust. That's beside the point though. He's never done anyone harm that I know of. I think if I was Muslim I would feel a little uneasy with all this hate going on towards them.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I don't know.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I agree. I don't think they are taking it seriously. It almost seems that they don't want to.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimirszadex

Maybe they are fearful of becoming a target if they speak against it. Just a thought. That didn't occur to me until I saw your post.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

LMAO I am not liberal by any means! I guess there's no way you can know that though. I didn't cherry pick anything. I saw the article and I thought it was good and wanted others to see it too. That's it. Oh and maybe you didn't see the article before you responded. The title of my thread is the title of the article. If I'm not mistaken, I think that's the way it's supposed to be done here on ATS. And I agree with you on the immigration thing being a disaster. I'm horrified at what I've read.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You sound like you have no argument and so you insult the other person. hmmm... and what the heck does the gun thing have to do with anything?! You are really ignorant about gun ownership. To have a concealed carry permit (at least in my state) you have to jump through a lot of hoops.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

Sorry.. I thought that was your personal title.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I used the title of the article word for word. I didn't choose the word. I don't like it either, just like I hate the word homophobe. And I agree with the rest of what you wrote.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lostmymarbles
Why does it always have to be about religion or come down to religion?

Because some idiots who commit atrocities do it in the name of their religion, or because others do not follow in their fairy tale world.

Many of the atrocities committed today are by people who use their religion as a reason/excuse for their actions. "I only killed them because God told me to", etc.

And, let's be honest - how many religious atrocities these days are by anyone other than Muslims?

In the past decade :

• How many Christians have beheaded fellow Christians for not following the 'correct' flavour of Christianity?
  • How many Buddhists have blown up other temples or religious sites in the name of Buddha?
  • How many Catholics have dropped people in acid? Drowned them? Executed them with detonation wire? RPGs at close range?
  • How man Jews have worn suicide belts and blown themselves up in public places amongst innocent humans?

How many Muslims have done all of the above in recent times?
edit on 24-7-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

OKC bombing for one. There are actually a ton that can be listed but no point unless you really want to know.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join