It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of American entertainment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It has been notioned that Steven Spielberg has in the past conducted business with the Bilderbergers, which inclines me to comment on his movie Artificial Intelligence. There is scene in the movie that is very creepy when the robots are annhilated at the pleasure of an audience, much like what you would see at a monster truck event. American flags are waving and the crowd appears to be a bunch of redneck barbarians (much like what you would see at a monster truck rally), but it seems to me that in a future of war and unpredictability, there is going to be a push to placate the masses by appealing to their primitive instincts, thus harnessing their aggression through visual gratification and patriotic unity. Entertainment such as this would be a sort of release valve when what we see on the nightly news becomes too overwhelming. I am not too keen on the psychology of controlling the masses, althought i do look to Straussian thought, yet my question remains, do you foresee a time in the future (gradual implementation of NWO) when violent sports become more of a reality and stigmas such as ultimate fighting or other disturbing (beyond my imagination) acts become an integral part of our culture through television and popular venues available to the public? We are already witnessing the rapid growth rate in which popular channels such as Fox entertainment are introducing more bizarre reality shows, one example being that of the boxing reality show that Fox is on the verge of airing. I am intrigued to think of what extremes Fox is willing to go to provide their viewers with shows stimulating enough to distract them from their deepest fears. I can't help but be intrigued at what sort of impact America's culture will suffer when # really hits the fan between Iran or N. Korea. Am i completely out of line with the post?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
WWE, Boxing, Ultimate Fighting.....these are the programs that you speak of. They won't get worse than that because of the prominence of reigious idealism and basic law. What would the determinents be for who participates in a death match?

I believe the NWO is already here and subtly is there game. There really is no reason to overtly control the masses when ultimately their ability to succeed rests upon their shoulders and not the ruling class.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
A lot of sci fi movies that take place in the future or in a different world have death matches. The romans had gladiators. I myself think we will have a form of gladiatior in the future.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yes, the Roman gladiatorial arena and the comparison of the entertainment of the WWE are only one of the similarities between the good old Roman Empire and the United States of today.

While the WWE is mostly fake, I think you're right that eventually there will be real gladiators of a sort.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Well I notice alot of homosexual overtones in the new telvision shows latley. Will & Grace for example, The O.C. buddies new girlfreinds ex was a lesbian etc. Alexander the movie concentrated on his bi-sexuality instead of his brilliant leadership skills.
I think the glorification of homosexualism is for population control. This is one of the new world orders goals.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Well I notice alot of homosexual overtones in the new telvision shows latley. Will & Grace for example, The O.C. buddies new girlfreinds ex was a lesbian etc. Alexander the movie concentrated on his bi-sexuality instead of his brilliant leadership skills.
I think the glorification of homosexualism is for population control. This is one of the new world orders goals.

I think so too, though I can't figure out why homosexuality would be of benefit to them. Maybe they just want it to be like the Roman Empire again.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
To follow on Spielberg - I assume everyone knows by now that his next film, a remake of "War of the Worlds", is due out this summer.

Interesting choice, no?

As far as homosexuality in movies and TV, I would argue that it is a RESPONSE to the society's current mindset and not a plan to change society.

top topics

join