It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 40
<< 37  38  39   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Folks, I've read only 3 first pages and the last one but what I see is total lack of imagination. The same speech writer bla-blah... seriously? It is clearly intentional. Can't you see any message in the differences? They are not that dumb. You are

Scary.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Most politics involves a little self-deception but Trump has made deception and self-deception his essence.

Sure Hillary is a liar but one can detect under her political surface a human being somewhere

Trump to me has lost all humanity in his presentation.

He looks on his supporters as fools…he’s taking a ride

He said himself he could commit murder on 5th avenue and you’d still support him

Very, very disturbing

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnifiedSerenity

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Trumps downfall is that he thinks all press (good or bad) is good press.

Its not...good press is good press and bad press is bad press. You cannot add it together to get best press ever.

You can clearly see the standard of values he holds of himself and of the US

If that were true, Trump would not have been named the Repubican nominee. Plenty of billions spent on bad press in the primary season! TRUMP KILLED THE COMPETITION without spending anything close to them.

People don't seem to understand that Trump's bad press worked for him in the primary because his supporters are attracted to a 'media-victimized' candidate who said things that turned-off all minority voting blocs, err...was un-PC.

But that's not an effective strategy in a general election. To win a general election, Trump will need to appeal to minority voting blocs and bring the 'turned-off' into the fold.

Trump is fighting a general election now and negative press will just benefit Hillary.

The primary is OVER.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
He said himself he could commit murder on 5th avenue and you’d still support him

His supporters are so deeply invested in him after defending everything that's come out of his mouth for so long, they cannot cut their losses now. He will keep them defending every stupid little thing he does until November. He's a provocateur.

ETA: BTW, I don't see Hillary and/or Trump as relatable or human-like in the slightest.
edit on 20-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I think Trump is a lot more savvy than many give him credit for.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnifiedSerenity

I think Trump is a lot more savvy than many give him credit for.

Correct. He will throw this race to his BFF, Hillary, and pretty much no one will be the wiser.

That takes savvy.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 20-7-2016 by M5xaz because: c

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
"That your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do."

A line from both speeches and also a line from a movie called John Q. Below is line from 2002 movie John Q , when he is talking to his son.

"When you say you're gonna do something, you do it. Because your word is your bond"
www.imdb.com...

www.mi7.co...

edit on 20-7-2016 by Angelocracy because: more info

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Angelocracy

Lol!

The self admitted plaguerizer has apologized for plaguerizing. I accept your apology for plaguerizing. I likely would have accepted your resignation as well because obviously plaguerizing is unethical and shows you have no character. Trump seems to think it's ok though. His choice, not mine. Moving on.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Wow. Same sh#, different day. Who would've thought politicians were all clones of the same rubbish soulless disingenuous people regurgitating all the same rubbish soulless disingenuous sentiments that people love to hear?

Apparently all you need to do to win a vote in America is look and sound the part. It doesn't seem to matter what your actions or intentions truly are. And by the time people work out a president's bad intentions (or incompetence) they're already voting the next idiot puppet in without a pause for thought. It's a strange world

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

(post by SudoNim removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: edward777

Except Deval Patrick and Obama were close friends and were regularly collaborating on each others speech's at the time.

They regularly shared turns of phrase and David Axelrod was managing both of their campaigns.

Deval was quick to come out and explain the same at the time...and campaign speech-writers back it up.

Unless Melania called up Michelle Obama and ran the speech by her or asked for advice or permission before the Convention it was outright (no admitted) plagiarism.
edit on 21-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: MysticPearl

The fact is, this drama serves no one. I'm quite sure she didn't sign up for this and so I have compassion for her.
But it's not good for the political process and the stability of the country for there to be one thing after the other from either the right or the left. It's pointed and telling when die-hards just can't admit when something is wrong.

It's a really good thing we are talking about this instead of Hillary being a criminal. Or probably a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
My post was removed for stating that the video posted means nothing as Obama openly stated he was using phrases from Deval instead of lieing about it and pretending he wrote it himself?

Trump supporters have friends in high places on here it would seem.
edit on 22-7-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

you know..I could really care less what a spouse in this situation would say. But I do understand the opinion OP, what's good for one should be good for the other.

top topics

<< 37  38  39   >>

join