It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

it's pure comedy!

edit on 20-7-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Reldra, you really think Mooch writes her own speeches? Have you read her thesis? I have, and she's not great writer or speaker.

So, what you are saying is Michelle intentionally plagiarized her speech at DNC?

Michelle Obama: “…the world as it should be.” In 2008, the aspiring First Lady was accused by bloggers of lifting lines for her DNC speech from Saul Alinsky. Alinsky wrote, in Rules for Radicals (emphasis added): “The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be.” Michelle Obama said: “And Barack stood up that day, and he spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about ‘the world as it is‘ and ‘the world as it should be.’” (Perhaps Mr. Obama who left out the attribution.)
link

She doesn't write her own speeches, she's not that eloquent.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

She did not resign. She offered her letter of resignation. Trump and family refused it.

Maybe if Trump in 2011 had had his investigators spend more time in Hawaii, he would have "gotten to the bottom of the issue" (Obama's birth certificate).

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnifiedSerenity
"Good news is Melania's speech got more publicity than any in the history of politics especially if you believe that all press is good press!"

I don't believe all press is good press. And I don't believe negative press is helpful in a general election.

Sarah Palin is a testament to that.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

She did not resign. She offered her letter of resignation. Trump and family refused it.

Maybe if Trump in 2011 had had his investigators spend more time in Hawaii, he would have "gotten to the bottom of the issue" (Obama's birth certificate).

or maybe the whole thing was made up, so right-wingers have another reason to hate on Obama

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: desert
True conservatism, like true liberalism, is dead in the public sphere. You won't find a non-hypocritical libertarian either.

Politics is where ideals go to die.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

This is not going to catch fire.....like so many other things. And there are good reasons for that.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

This is not going to catch fire.....like so many other things. And there are good reasons for that.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

I accept that Melania did just that, and did upon reading it, agreed with the totality of what it said because it represented what she said. She had no idea those quotes came from another speech.

Yes...Melania "had no idea those quotes came from another speech. ...

EXCEPT for the part where Melania READ ALOUD those quotes WORD-FOR-WORD to her speech-writer saying she was inspired by Michelle Obama's speech...but somehow failed to recognize the passages she chose to give to her speech-writer once they appeared in her own speech?????

she read me some passages from Mrs. Obama’s speech as examples. I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech.”

But she had no idea they came from somewhere else...

The level of BS is way above flood level.

edit on 20-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

So Trump found a patsy after his wife claimed that she wrote her own speech?

And the Patsy is a ballet teacher in NYC and Trump family friend who helped with the speech?

Convenient she doesn't have a previous professional career in speech-writing to worry about..as this would have ended it..

But I suspect she has a much larger savings account now...

I smell one of Trumps kids involved in this speech writing.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

And the Patsy is a ballet teacher in NYC and Trump family friend who helped with the speech?

Convenient she doesn't have a previous professional career in speech-writing to worry about..as this would have ended it..

Very transparent.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Some of the initial reporting said that his daughter Ivanka and her Husband Jared Kushner were the ones that rejected the first draft written by the pro and owned the re-write.

...up until this ballet teacher/family friend took responsibility.

They also wrote Trumps speech attacking Hillary and fancy themselves speech-writers..

Donald Trump's speech Wednesday attacking rival Hillary Clinton and the corresponding website LyingCrookedHillary.com was the brainchild of an unlikely adviser: son-in-law Jared Kushner.
www.nbcnews.com...

I think that is why there was such an immediate stream of denial and BS that it was plagiarized up until it wouldn't go away and they had to find a patsy.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Some of the initial reporting said that his daughter Ivanka and her Husband Jared Kushner were the ones that rejected the first draft written by the pro and owned the re-write.

...up until this ballet teacher/family friend took responsibility.

They also wrote Trumps speech attacking Hillary and fancy themselves speech-writers..

Donald Trump's speech Wednesday attacking rival Hillary Clinton and the corresponding website LyingCrookedHillary.com was the brainchild of an unlikely adviser: son-in-law Jared Kushner.
www.nbcnews.com...

I think that is why there was such an immediate stream of denial and BS that it was plagiarized up until it wouldn't go away and they had to find a patsy.

Sounds about right to me.

Trump is Trump - - - does whatever it takes to win.

The thought of him as a World Leader makes me cringe.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Trump's words: "Good news is Melania's speech got more publicity than any in the history of politics especially if you believe that all press is good press!"

He thinks all the backlash is "good news."

Therefore, I think this whole mess was cooked up by him. It was too amateurish to not have been intentional, IMO.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Trumps downfall is that he thinks all press (good or bad) is good press.

Its not...good press is good press and bad press is bad press. You cannot add it together to get best press ever.

You can clearly see the standard of values he holds of himself and of the US

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

www.nbcnews.com...

OMG so every time Trump has used the phrases in a speech or tweet, "Crooked Hillary" or "Hillary lied", he is driving traffic to his daughter's husband's website!!! This is crazy!

And you bet Ms. McIver had been promised the job to write all The Donald's future books about the campaign, the convention, his presidency. That's why he rejected her letter. She could take the fall and still remain his writer, after going through this kabuki dance.

I was going to give him the moniker Trixon, but I just couldn't do it, after realizing that Trump is in a league of his own.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Its not...good press is good press and bad press is bad press. You cannot add it together to get best press ever.

If that were true, Trump would not have been named the Repubican nominee. Plenty of billions spent on bad press in the primary season! TRUMP KILLED THE COMPETITION without spending anything close to them.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

If that were true, Trump would not have been named the Repubican nominee. Plenty of billions spent on bad press in the primary season! TRUMP KILLED THE COMPETITION without spending anything close to them.

He was also named liar of the year in 2015 by politifact.

You are confused about his "success"..but to be fair you are not alone.

Romney won the GOP Nomination in the 2012 cycle by "bending" his rhetoric to the far right base..but could not "etch-n-sketch" and move quickly enough to the "center" to appeal to sane Americans.

Trump doubled-down on this strategy in earnest and went total-looney for the far-right and crushed the Nomination process...and he doesn't even know where the "center" is...he is too busy admiring his giant orange head in the mirror.

Bad press does not matter to the right-wing base that elected him...but it does matter to Americans who care about reality, truth, ethics, values, economics, foreign policy..or who otherwise don't want to see a 3rd-world dictator wannabe as the President of the United States..

Sorry...got carried away there....

Yes bad press matters...albeit not inside the limited bubble of Trump Loyalists..

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

How Trump was nominated is directly linked to the mass amounts of mis-informed, uneducated people there are in America.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This incident is disturbing and another chance to allow people to see reality as it is and stop covering up reality.

Backers of Trump are in denial...their under a spell of self-deception

They make ugly acceptable

They willingly allow themselves too be deceived

If Trump gets in and turns into Hitler and starts murdering some group

His supporters will be all for it and accept his justifications and lies why he is doing it

That’s what is a danger to humanity

People who accept Trump have empowered the beast

edit on 20-7-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join