It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: olaru12

"We" = ATS. 37 pages of nothing, it's sad...

You are right, I don't live in the US, but if there's one thing that I find amusing, it's the limits to human stupidity and boredom. Or better say, limitless.

So, keep this useless discussion going on, and don't you worry about the rule of law in your country

This could all have been avoided if Melania and the Trump campaign had of adhered to the laws pertaining to plagiarism. Yeah, talk about stupidity!!

edit on 20-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Comments like this only work as long as you don't actually don't look into it for yourself. Do a web search then come back and tell us.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I don't have time right now to read the whole of this thread but has anyone posted the link to Melania's speech writer's statement?? If not, here it is:

Press Release

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: knoxie

What exaggeration? It is the truth. Does a speech by a presidential candidates wife have anything to do with the platform? No. It is a way for the spouse to introduce the spouse who is running. This level of 'conspiracy' is funny.

The Trump campaign has made the lies of the Clinton campaign a huge issue, but refuse to admit their own lies. This is honestly a small issue with her plagiarizing and lying. What is more concerning is they will not even own up to it so one can imagine what Trump presidency would be like.

To hell with Trump and Clinton they are the same so I am voting for Johnson.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Satire:

The Trump camp are vehemently denying that this is the real first draft of Melania's speech, but in the nation's interest I have decided that before I have a nice afternoon gin and tonic, uh . . . here it is.

I married Donald Trump. I glad to be in America. We baby. Slovenia friends told me, "Don't marry rich fat orange guy", but I no listen. Now I happy. Vote for Donald. He make wonderful Mayor of New York. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
I don't have time right now to read the whole of this thread but has anyone posted the link to Melania's speech writer's statement?? If not, here it is:

Press Release

This just makes Melania look like she lied when she said she wrote her speech.

The Trump campaign had to have thought about that. Everything about this speech and the fallout seems completely set up by Trump.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

I clicked that link and my spyware popped up.

don't click

if it is leget tweety, can you please copy and paste the statement? I want to read it so bad

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Nothing popped up for me when I clicked the link. The link goes to a pdf.

I am unable to copy and paste that notice.

Scroll down; RT has recorded it in this article:

Link

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

And if they had just admitted the plagiarism, said they were sorry. No, they will never admit a mistake or say they are sorry. And they will protect and deflect.

It's easy to fire on a tv show but not in the real world. How many of Trump's cronies would he never get rid of after screwups/poor performance if he were POTUS? Heck, according to Ms. McIver's statement, Trump won't fire her.

She co-authored four of Trump's books. She is more than a "family friend" as she has been portrayed. She is an author and admitted she wrote down words from Mrs. Obama's speeches yet "did not check Mrs. Obama's speeches"? Donald, you say someone "learns and grows from these experiences". Yes, you say that to a novice. Not to an author you have worked with to write four of your books!

Never admit a mistake, never say you're sorry, protect and deflect. Trump is Richard Nixon without even the know how to govern! God help this country.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: windword

Lol. Home girl and hood voters...those are your words and not mine, but I agree with your general point. Wu-Tang used "word is bond" in probably every single one of their songs. It's just a way for a rich person to attempt to connect with the commoners.

LOL
Truth be told, I was paraphrasing a discussion from the "home girls" on ABC's "The View".

You learn something new everyday.

edit on 20-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

a reply to: veracity

Nothing popped up for me when I clicked the link. The link goes to a pdf.

I am unable to copy and paste that notice.

Scroll down; RT has recorded it in this article:

Link

It's the top story at the DailyMail, too...

Link

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Text

Text
a reply to: Grimpachi

well, it is kind of a big deal in the scheme of things. the lying about graduating.

word is he told melania when they first started dating to lie about her education, for "appearances" and all. gross.

they've been holding up this charade for so long in their minds it's true, I suppose, lol. so much so they thought they could pull one over on us?

then there's john barron which makes me laugh every time I think on it - pure comedy!

that's a whole other level of narassism!

edit on 20-7-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This just came out:

JUST IN: Melania speechwriter RESIGNS; Trump has AWESOME response

Via Fox News: Trump staffer Meredith McIver has taken responsibility and apologized for the alleged plagiarism of Melania Trump’s speech, but in in a statement that the campaign rejected her offer to resign. Describing herself as an ‘in-house staff writer’ at the Trump organization, McIver says Mrs. Trump read her some passages of Michelle Obama’s speech as examples of what she liked. “I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech.

I did not check Mrs. Obama’s speeches. That was my mistake, and I feel terrible for the chaos I have caused Melania and the Trumps, as well as to Mrs. Obama. No harm was meant,” she said in a statement. “Yesterday, I offered my resignation to Mr. Trump and the Trump family, but they rejected it. Mr. Trump told me that people make innocent mistakes and that we learn and grow from these experiences.”

Now, isn’t that the kind of boss we all want to work for? One who responds to taking responsibility for a mistake with an acknowledgement that mistakes are often where learning and growth happens — rather than casting an employee off at the first stumble? “I asked to put out this statement because I did not like seeing the way this was distracting from Mr. Trump’s historic campaign for president and Melania’s beautiful message and presentation,” she wrote.

Of course, while the controversy which was lapped up by the lamestream media and liberals across social media, indeed distracted from Melania’s graceful and poised presentation, it may not have been all bad, as the Republican nominee himself pointed out today.

Trump tweeted twice:

"Good news is Melania's speech got more publicity than any in the history of politics especially if you believe that all press is good press!"

"The media is spending more time doing a forensic analysis of Melania's speech than the FBI spent on Hillary's emails."

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

So Trump found a patsy after his wife claimed that she wrote her own speech?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
I am guessing Michelle wrote most of her speech and all of Melania's was written for her.

And I'll bet you 20 stars she didn't...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

too bad about that interview with matt lauder, huh? you know the one where she said she wrote the speech herself with VERY little help, lol.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Press Release

This just makes Melania look like she lied when she said she wrote her speech.

The Trump campaign had to have thought about that. Everything about this speech and the fallout seems completely set up by Trump.

maybe you can also ask her about her "college degree"....

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

So, If I put down my talking points, what I want to say, and I don't speak Russian well so a professional writer helps me put it into proper sounding Russian, I didn't write it? I gave them my talking points, what I wanted to say. I accept that Melania did just that, and did upon reading it, agreed with the totality of what it said because it represented what she said. She had no idea those quotes came from another speech.

Make it a cause celeb. Imagine if the media gave half this focus on Hillary and Obama!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Trump staff writer offers to resign over Melania speech

Read more: www.politico.com...

Donald Trump’s campaign for days refused to admit that Melania Trump’s primetime convention speech contained passages lifted from Michelle Obama’s 2008 address -- then suddenly released a statement Wednesday admitting that it was.

Read more: www.politico.com...

Trump and his self-deception campaign of denial of clear reality finally fessed up about the plagiarism.

This is what is the most dangerous thing about Trump.

He will say green is black and lie openly in the face of reality

That’s an awful trait and will come back to haunt the country if they elect this open liar

Instead of admitting the clear reality of plagiarism (however it was done) Trump and his campaign openly lied and deceived us that there was no plagiarism.

Now a campaign speech writer tells us all what we already knew and now the Trump deceivers fess up.

This has happened many times. Trump takes people for fools and whoever votes for him is a victim of a con man

Imagine a person like Trump being president and not accepting a clear reality that a child could see. But now all of a sudden he admits the obvious.

That's a HUGE character flaw people

edit on 20-7-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

too bad about that interview with matt lauder, huh? you know the one where she said she wrote the speech herself with VERY little help, lol.

well, 2/3rds of Donny's wives are foreign made, just like his clothes...an eastern European lying to Americans????....I'm SHOCKED!!!

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join