It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Whenever I've been involved in the hiring process, I've never asked or cared about what a spouse had to say about a prospective employee.

My above post was directed at this guy.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
They go to the same PR now? Anyway, most speeches are copies of copies of copies... But at least some have the decency to change phrases or words...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If anyone cares about what's happening instead of sniping at each other, Mike Scully has handed in the speech he wrote for Melania and the plagiarized comments are not in it.

Now, back to your quilting bee...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm scratching my head.

What do we make of this?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

I find it ironic that all those who were clamoring on and on about picking on Michelle Obama, are now frothing at the mouth to bash Melania Trump.

Hypocrites.

Of course, I expected nothing less from the Left, we all know about their "tolerance"

And vice versa, dude. Or do you really not see that? Those who all but crucified Mrs. Obama are now attempting (feebly) to defend the candidate's wife.

See how that works?

So, do you think that a Presidential candidate, or a President's Spouse is off limits to criticism?

Strawman. Informal fallacy.

Then lots of talking to yourself.

And for your grand finale, a lack of addressing my comment. At all.

*Yawns

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Good for him! He has been a consummate speech writer and should not have his good name and reputation sullied over this. When there were calls for the firing of whoever wrote the speech, I'll bet he was furious. He had to get his work out there.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
If anyone cares about what's happening instead of sniping at each other, Mike Scully has handed in the speech he wrote for Melania and the plagiarized comments are not in it.

I already said it once, but I'll repeat it - I'd bet that Donald himself wrote that speech and THAT's why no one has been fired.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Besides Melania stealing Michelle Obama's speech and Caitlyn Jenner's look

I think she did a decent job.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
In truth I suppose it's not really her fault.

It's the tactless & highly unprofessional speech writer that Trump has (whoever that may be... I'm sure it wasn't Melania despite her claiming that she wrote most of it).

It's straight up plagiarism. There's no way around this. And I'll be surprised if they admit it.
The farce continues.

And she'll likely get a pass from supporters, unlike Michelle Obama (who actually said it first).

A "tactless & highly unprofessional speech writer" -- I smell a traitor (Hillary supporter) who sneaked into the Trump camp to do damage. Trump needs to do a better job of vetting his speech writers.

This was NO accident. This is just the sort of thing you can expect from the Clinton "Dirty Tricks" Machine.

This is one of the reasons Hillary will win.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AuranVector

If a Clinton supporter can sneak into the bowels of their campaign that easily, one shudders to thing what else can crawl in there and has to wonder how effective they would be at other things.

Unless...witchery.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: -Blackout-
ATS has officially lost its mind. A 30+ page thread about 20 seconds out of 17 minutes of something that *maybe* plagiarized? roflmao

Go find a real story about something important.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
Besides Melania stealing Michelle Obama's speech and Caitlyn Jenner's look

I think she did a decent job.

could be the other way around

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think I'm going to rule out The Donald as the writer. It doesn't seem like his tone or style. Would he be patient enough to sit down and write a speech? He had a ghost writer for The Art of the Deal. And if he could write like this, why would he not write at least one speech when he was on the stump?

Well, I'm going to say a daughter helped Melania write it. Donald Trump, Jr., just called fellow Republicans "idiots", so I would say he's following in his father's footsteps and couldn't write something so nice.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
As both speeches were made with a cultural accent and most assuredly by opposite sexes, the one made by Mr. Trumps gorgeous wife was absolutely darling. And hey, no male bulge in front this time either. Trump 2016

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Now, back to your quilting bee...

Ah, thanks for the update. Do you know if the "Rick Roll" was in his copy of the speech?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

OK I am just going to say it. She will be the most smoking hot first lady in history.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Nvm...boring
edit on 7/19/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I find it ironic that all those who were clamoring on and on about picking on Michelle Obama, are now frothing at the mouth to bash Melania Trump.

Hypocrites.

Of course, I expected nothing less from the Left, we all know about their "tolerance"

And vice versa, dude. Or do you really not see that? Those who all but crucified Mrs. Obama are now attempting (feebly) to defend the candidate's wife.

See how that works?

So, do you think that a Presidential candidate, or a President's Spouse is off limits to criticism?

Strawman. Informal fallacy.

Then lots of talking to yourself.

And for your grand finale, a lack of addressing my comment. At all.

*Yawns

Ducks the subject, accuses other of false pretenses.

And you didn't answer my very legitimate question.

*shrugs

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
very indicative of trumps attitude

when caught red handed, just tell the little people that they don't need to worry about it, just forget about it, it didn't happen

after the embarrassing VP roll out, this really makes them look like rank amateurs

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join