It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Go look here to start. [Link]

You're just playing word games now.

No I will not follow your links. Make a point, and if the link is required, I will check it out.

link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: CynConcepts
In fact she actually speaks 5 different languages.

Its not unusual for Europeans to speak several languages. Many think it odd that Americans only speak English. Its not really a measure of intelligence.

I don't really care what Melania does or doesn't do.

I just remember lots of comments from when Donald was a frequent guest of Howard Stern.

No, I completely agree, language is not a determining factor of intelligence. My point was that during translation...Americans are the stupid ones to judge intelligence based on them not comprehending the translated communication.

I actually enjoyed her interview with Walters, I actually listened to what she said.

link   

Its not unusual for Europeans to speak several languages. Many think it odd that Americans only speak English. Its not really a measure of intelligence.

I just remember lots of comments from when Donald was a frequent guest of Howard Stern.

I hear what you are saying. It's not necessarily a measure of intelligence. Funny thing is whenever a child prodigy comes along (or even an adult that is known to be highly intelligent) they usually use the number of languages they speak as a bragging right. I have no idea what her IQ is and don't really care.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Suit yourself and keep pestering on about "borrowed fragments" then. No skin off my nose.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

i did watch the clips and im not sure what you were trying to show me?

she states herself that she is competent being a stay at home housewife. ok...
michelle obama has 2 daughters and is still out and about campaigning for health fitness healthy school lunches childhood obesity etc

i dont think she is good fit no matter how you slice it. she has this cold persona fake expressions in that link you posted barabara asks what advice she gives her husband and she says "ill keep that private" lol what?

it doesnt seem she can even speak up for herself. so she is indeed not well spoken

all around im not interested in hearing more from her because i dont think she has much to offer
edit on 19-7-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Actually Michelle Obama got her speech from a book written in 1992 by African author Rob Marsh titled, "Business success in South Africa." Where he discussed the values that needed to be taught to children. So arguing if someone plagerized a paragraph off another that plagatized it as well is stupid. This was used as a dig against Hillary to the African community since this has become ingrained in black culture. Both were an attempt to say loook I don't lie like thr other guy does nothing more. In Michelle case it was bush and in melanie case it is Clinton.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This just proves that, it is not what Obama or his wife say, it is that they are saying it.

If someone else besides them says the same exact things, they get cheered by the GOP.

Hypocrisy is strong with the GOP.

edit on 19-7-2016 by shredderofsouls because: (no reason given)

link   

No, I completely agree, language is not a determining factor of intelligence. My point was that during translation...Americans are the stupid ones to judge intelligence based on them not comprehending the translated communication.

I actually enjoyed her interview with Walters, I actually listened to what she said.

Yes, I agree. And honestly I am not judging her.

I will need to listen to her first hand and how she handles questions. Not just one interview.

You know Howard. Anytime a guy was on, he'd ask what he thought of Melania. There were comments about her intelligence. NOT that I'm saying I base an opinion on that - - - its just something I remember.

edit on 19-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That's been covered in the thread. With a side by side comparison that showed there were virtually no similarities.

ETA: Here a reply to: Indigo5
edit on 7/19/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think Melania now realizes how the Trump campaign chumped her out and has left her twisting in the wind. Donald's trophy wife has now become a liability. We won't be seeing much of her anymore.....

Politics is ugly, nasty, vindictive, and resentful!

Theres also a negative side.
edit on 19-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Actually Michelle Obama got her speech from a book written in 1992 by African author Rob Marsh titled, "Business success in South Africa."

That nonsense red herring has already been tried...and failed.

Post here
edit on 19-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Suit yourself and keep pestering on about "borrowed fragments" then. No skin off my nose.

You could have just said you don't have any argument, instead of pestering on about your link.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111

she states herself that she is competent being a stay at home housewife. ok...
michelle obama has 2 daughters and is still out and about campaigning for health fitness healthy school lunches childhood obesity etc

i dont think she is good fit no matter how you slice it. she has this cold persona fake expressions in that link you posted barabara asks what advice she gives her husband and she says "ill keep that private" lol what?

it doesnt seem she can even speak up for herself. so she is indeed not well spoken

I really disliked Laura Bush for being such a door mat.

I much preferred Hillary being active when Bill was president.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

She said she worked on most of it. Y'all are conveniently leaving out the other 16 minutes and 40 seconds of her 17 minute speech in order to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Here's what we know

This isn't as much about Melania as it is about Trump

He's running for president - leader of the free world and all that. Though I'm not sure how much longer we'll get to toss that one around and still sound credible

This matters. I know it seems like a lot of nothing - just words used to fill in the gaps and make people look more important than they are - for some. For some...this is just show business

Trump is nothing but a flim flam man. He doesn't care. Not about any of it. Not even enough to have a speech written that is for real. It's a symptom of a much larger problem

All we have are our words. It's important

If Melania did write it all by herself - I'd actually feel a lot better about this. Seriously

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: MotherMayEye

?
Included fragments, borrowed fragments...I'm not seeing any substantive difference.

It was claimed, wrongly, that the Trump campaign admitted to "borrowing fragments", in a thread about Mrs. Trump plagiarizing her speech, and therefor I am spinning propaganda. The difference is huge.

The 'fragments included' refer to borrowed fragments....borrowed fragments that reflect Melania's thinking were included...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I thought that pronunciation may have been a problem, maybe. But now it's being said that, besides the speech "bore almost no resemblance to the draft", Paul Manafort just had more to say

just interviewed P. Manafort. He says Melania told him all words hers. Me: "Why not fire the speechwriter?" PM: "I believe her."

source

Ok, now I'm wondering if Melania watched former First Lady speeches and just liked what Michelle had to say and copied down the parts she liked, without realizing she was plagiarizing. It could be something as innocent as that, but no one vetted her speech? Or did no one who read it realize the plagiarism? No speech writer vetted her speech apparently.

Watching the campaign staff and former campaign staff go at each other over this is like a soap opera lol

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You could have just said you don't have any argument, instead of pestering on about your link.

I was attempting to help you, not argue with you, as you keep going on and on and on and on about the same thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here's another thing. They lied. First she wrote it all with a slight assist. Now there are three writers. Which is it? Whichever is convenient apparently.

And again, small things matter. Goes to character and their assumption too of how stupid we all might be.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Text

Text

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Here's another thing. They lied. First she wrote it all with a slight assist. Now there are three writers. Which is it? Whichever is convenient apparently.

And again, small things matter. Goes to character and their assumption too of how stupid we all might be.

exactly!

edit on 19-7-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: dragonridr

Actually Michelle Obama got her speech from a book written in 1992 by African author Rob Marsh titled, "Business success in South Africa."

That nonsense red herring has already been tried...and failed.

Post here

And you don't see the similarities there as well. This mime is nothing knew to the black community as I said it was used on purpose as a message. Nothing you said invalidates that fact. This is why the black author used it in his book and why Michelle and melanie did as well.

Arguing If it was plagerized when it is a common IN black communities is foolish. And one paragraph out of a 17 min speech for melanie and over 20 for Michelle s imsignificant. Other than why both put that in there in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join