It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Campaign has named 3 contract speechwriters outside the campaign who wrote Melania's speech, but they all claim that the speech she gave looked nothing like the one they wrote for her.

Just heard this on MSNBC.

Interesting...

Funny...I was just examining the parts that were changed..

Example:
MICHELLE
to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”

MELANIA
to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

"reach" was changed to "strength"...

Not sure...but reading your post plus the affinity Trump has for the word "Strength" as he sells it?

Could Donald be the culprit here?
edit on 19-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

The phrases I was referring to were these, from LSUs post that I referred to

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal'-just words. Just words. 'We have nothing to fear but fear itself'-just words. 'Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country'-just words. 'I have a dream'-just words," Patrick said in 2006.

"Don't tell me words don't matter! 'I have a dream.' Just words. 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.' Just words. 'We have nothing to fear but fear itself.' Just words, just speeches," Obama said in his 2008 speech.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I feel sorry for melania, I'm sure Donald is in the dog house for her being the butt of jokes around the world.

Donald's team is so incompetent that they plagerized parts of Michelle Obama's speech, I mean of all people lol you would think if anything they would have plagerized Nancy Reagan.

Lets not beat around the bush here, Donald's team knows who wrote the speech, and whoever added those sentences to Melania's speech knows exactly where they got them from. No need to deflect, admit it, fire the speech writer and move on.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

?
Included fragments, borrowed fragments...I'm not seeing any substantive difference.

It was claimed, wrongly, that the Trump campaign admitted to "borrowing fragments", in a thread about Mrs. Trump plagiarizing her speech, and therefor I am spinning propaganda. The difference is huge.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Indigo5

In a statement released hours after the speech, Jason Miller, the campaign adviser, was vague about how it was crafted.

“In writing her beautiful speech, Melania’s team of writers took notes on her life’s inspirations, and in some instances included fragments that reflected her own thinking,”

I thought you said she "borrowed fragments", not "included fragments that reflected her own thinking".

... the Trump campaign itself admits they "borrowed fragments"...but you declare it "Conjecture"

?

Included fragments, borrowed fragments...I'm not seeing any substantive difference.

Don't take that bait...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Wonder if he hired them today.

Because...well, you know. She wrote the speech with as little help as possible (or whatever the exact phrasing was). If that as little help turns out to be three speech writers, that's a lot of help, no?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Don't take that bait...

What bait? I don't mind exposing your false claim at all.

You might be a propagandist doing damage control when...

... the Trump campaign itself admits they "borrowed fragments"...but you declare it "Conjecture"

edit on 19-7-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
so hilarious! i bet trump feels so stupid and you would think that with all of that money he could find some better writers(LIARS) to prepare a speech for his lovely wife...

i bet he wishes he picked a smarter one. i bet there are about 2 marbles rolling around in that head of hers

Seriously? I am not even a Trump supporter, but Melania Trump is an extremely intelligent woman. I can only fathom that you are ignorant by not doing enough research. This lady does have brains. Look past any stereotyping and deny ignorance.

then why does she not SOUND like it? if it quacks like a duck...

Obviously, English is not her first language. In fact she actually speaks 5 different languages. I truly enjoyed her interview with Barbara Walters and realized that Melania was not just some ditzy broad!

My goodness, I listen into some of my husband's speaker phone meetings when he works from home. Some of the most intelligent people globally can sound so stupid in trying to translate their language to English!

Don't just take my word for it.
Barbara Walter's take on Melania Trump

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Yes. Matt Scully and John McConnell.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I had the same thoughts... Time for Trump to CYA. Also the word "dignity" was removed. Michelle said treat people with dignity and respect. Melania's speech removed "dignity".

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Campaign has named 3 contract speechwriters outside the campaign who wrote Melania's speech, but they all claim that the speech she gave looked nothing like the one they wrote for her.

Interesting...

Funny...I was just examining the parts that were changed..

Example:
MICHELLE
to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”

MELANIA
to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

"reach" was changed to "strength"...

Not sure...but reading your post plus the affinity Trump has for the word "Strength" as he sells it?

Could Donald be the culprit here?

Ummm...after seeing what the ghostwriter Tony said about Donald and seeing Trump's tweets...I would say a BIG NO! The speech writers may have thrown that in though.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The craziest part is that Melania admires Donald for the same values that Michelle admires Obama for!! Lol!!!!!!! So Donald and Obama have similar values?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Sigh. out of a 17 minute speech they are bitching about less than a minute of similiar quotes from another speech.
The 4 chan poster is right. yall getting trolled hard lol.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Trump sheep trying to play this off like it's not the shambles that it is.

This isn't THE reason you shouldn't vote for trump. It's just one of many.

It's just one of 100's of embarrassing examples that mean only racists and the brain dead will vote for trump.

Where's the purjury thread for Melanie claiming she wrote it herself

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Interesting...

That is interesting! Is it possible Melania tweaked the final speech to be more comfortable in speaking? Is there a possibility that there may have been more plagiarized phrases that were in the original speeches?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
In fact she actually speaks 5 different languages.

Its not unusual for Europeans to speak several languages. Many think it odd that Americans only speak English. Its not really a measure of intelligence.

I don't really care what Melania does or doesn't do.

I just remember lots of comments from when Donald was a frequent guest of Howard Stern.

edit on 19-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Don't take that bait...

What bait? I don't mind exposing your false claim at all.

You might be a propagandist doing damage control when...

Go look here to start. [Link]

You're just playing word games now.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I noticed that too...and the words "even those you don't agree with" were also removed.

ETA: At least that's honest, I guess.
edit on 7/19/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
ATS has officially lost its mind. A 30+ page thread about 20 seconds out of 17 minutes of something that *maybe* plagiarized? roflmao

Go find a real story about something important.
edit on 19-7-2016 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
Trump sheep trying to play this off like it's not the shambles that it is.

This isn't THE reason you shouldn't vote for trump. It's just one of many.

It's just one of 100's of embarrassing examples that mean only racists and the brain dead will vote for trump.

Where's the purjury thread for Melanie claiming she wrote it herself

How so? PLease explain your reasoning. Whats a shame is the left not realizing this is a TROLL and was done on purpose to illustrate the medias BIAS to his voters.

Quite a few Blacks voting for trump. Are they racist? I thought that was impossible. ANd Voting for hillary after she was caught in a lie is really smart huh? Talk about brain dead.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join