It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
They see all these attacks on Melania and Donald for what they are....media hype by the left msm to discredit them and keep the conversation off Hillary and the corruption that is in Washington.

In my defense, I've spent A LOT of time discussing Hillary's lack of ethics, her scandals & criminal investigations, and corruption in Washington.

And, again, I think Melania's speech was another bit of intentional sabotage in a long pattern of intentional sabotage.

Did Trump intentionally sabotage his primary run? No. But he has been intentionally sabotaging a general election run since day 1.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

"I read it once over, and that's all because I wrote it with as little help as possible,'' she told TODAY's Matt Lauer in an exclusive interview on Monday.

OMG LOL!! The Matt Lauer interview.

I didn't think could get funnier.

What are these people doing!!! lmao.
my sides are hurting.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

And the dumbass GOP is letting him.

Amazing system, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

Text

Text
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
too bad about the interview with matt. I would have connected with her more if she said she's been practicing her heart out.

Me, too, but that would have made her appear less than perfect (in Donald's opinion) so he clearly had her primed to say that she wrote it. He's all about appearances.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

If I was a man, that's the second thing I'd look for in a wife. Primeability (this may be a made up word).

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Why? No one put a gun to her head. She's a rich lady who has contributed nothing to society, but still lives a life of total comfort and luxury. No one should ever feel sorry for her. Like anyone cares about Melania Trump anyways.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

A while back I did check out her history, I was hoping she would talk about her childhood,

But there is so much that is left unsaid

link   
I can't believe this but it is funny and they succeeded in getting me engaged. Although it was a good speech, I don't blame anybody but the script writers. I would guess that neither of them wrote their own speeches.

On a side note. It seems like no politicians do write their own speeches. It is like politicians are just actors hired for the roles. Maybe that's why a lot of them get off the hook for crimes that
edit on 19-7-2016 by TamtammyMacx because: typo

link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

What? Who says that? This has to be a joke.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Listen for yourself at 1:09 in the video. Click a reply to: ~Lucidity

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: knoxie

Why? No one put a gun to her head. She's a rich lady who has contributed nothing to society, but still lives a life of total comfort and luxury. No one should ever feel sorry for her. Like anyone cares about Melania Trump anyways.

She has a history before being a Trump you know.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: jimmyx

But...but...Melania wrote it. She said so.

That was yesterday...and now they are running from the "she wrote it" BS that she claimed before busted.

And sorry "Queenofswords" they are admitting the obvious.

"In writing her beautiful speech, Melania's team of writers took notes on her life’s inspirations, and in some instances included fragments that reflected her own thinking."

That is awesome..."Included fragments that reflected her own thinking"...from Michelle Obama's DNC Speech introducing her Husband..."Included fragments"...terrific place holder for plagiarism and lazily cut and pasting text from the exact people you insidiously claim are secret terrorists ruining the entire world...."reflected her own thinking"???

These Trump scandals are always multi-faceted BS...They always stink from multiple perspectives...It speaks to the absence of a moral core IMO.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I don't think they are dumb. I think there's a good reason Trump and the GOP seem to be helping democrats.

Democrats are offering a bigger budget.

Democrats will filter money to certain cronies & industries through legislation set up to look like it's 'helping' taxpayers, then the GOP will stuff it with pork to take care of other cronies & industries, and by the time it all gets passed, the taxpayers will not be benefitting at all from whatever monstrosities the two-parties come up with.

And the people will let them get away with it because they believe the two-party division lie.

If you've ever worked on developing a budget before you know that no one ever hopes to get the smallest budget possible. There are no fiscal conservative republicans working in Congress.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

you're right.

I see her as the poor little rich girl for some reason. maybe because she seems so sweet and i can't imagine being married to such a narcissist. but, she made her choices.

as much as I dislike trump I was rooting for her to do well.

link   
Many times I have written something on a public or social venue, and a few days later, I will see someone use almost the exact same wording I used. But, when discussing certain things, phrases and particular words do become cliche and it stands to reason that you are not the only one that uses them.

The dust up is all about this:

Melania: "From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise, that you treat people with respect,"

Michelle:"... Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect,"

Cliche statements that I, myself, have probably used at some point. (Yes, I have made speeches in front of others.)

I can hear myself saying almost the same thing: "My parents raised us to value hard work knowing that is how you get what you want in life. Hold fast to your word because that is your bond, so keep your promises and treat all people with respect and dignity."

Old saying: Making a mountain out of a molehill!

link   
HAHAHAHA... Well, to be fair Trump has said he would hire the best people so he must be hiring all of Obamas people.

That is too funny, It is just as fun watching Donny's supporters squirm as they try to rationalize it.
edit on 19-7-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

It is well known to journalists and political reporters that speeches at this level (especially POTUS---for over a half century) are usually written by others, especially during campaign seasons. There are professional speech writers, who often have to do many revisions at the request of someone.

I agree that the buck stopped with the campaign itself. Who allowed her to say these words, regardless of who wrote it?!

It's too bad, though, that she proudly declared she wrote it. The best I can say is she is probably naive about politics. What she was able to get away with selling her products in front of an audience, such as the hype that goes along with sales, will always nowadays be vetted afterwards by the public.

Yes, the campaign is ultimately at fault.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
she lied about the speech, and she lied about graduating college...a perfect fit for donald

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

It's interesting you say this. To me - this is an example of why we are where we are today

If you were talking about poor people, a different ethnicity...? I think Donald has used similar words - no?

She just might be our new Empress. How much of that is her fault?

I'll tell you what - insulting our new Queen in public might not be so easy in the future. That won't be her fault either

I couldn't care less. Her husband (and his crew) mean to do a lot of damage to this country and planet - and that is on purpose

Let's try and keep our focus
edit on 7/19/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: Could - couldn't - need to keep a pedantic friend off my back :-)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Who said I had a problem with capitalism? How did you possibly infer that from what I said? It is common knowledge that professional writers have run out of creativity and new ideas.

The people in Hollywood are not stupid. Based on the current state of movie productions in this country, they are very clearly taking advantage of the stupidity of the average person in this country.

I let my opinion be known by giving Hollywood 0 dollars. I do not go to theaters and I do not have cable or satellite TV.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join