It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wish me some luck

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Just a bit of catharsis, a bit of what I'm feeling right now.

It's been a rough year as usual. Dumped a highly deceitful and manipulative girlfriend. Got a better job that I enjoy, and make some decent money I never thought I would. Am finally going to move out of state for work. Born and raised in the same place all my life..I am nervous, scared, but hopeful, and excited.

I've been through a lot: dysfunctional family, spent 3 years of my life fighting cancer, learned to navigate the world again after becoming severely hearing impaired.

I am trying my best to be my best again.

I am one who stands against the wind, who stands strong in the storm, smiling and better than the damaging forces of nature itself. I am a human being with a sharp mind, and a radiant heart, and I don't accept defeat.

I am leaving my home of 27 years next Monday.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I can discern spirits and you have a blessed one, so count from whom your blessings come from

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Everything around you will seem strange, out of place and you will yearn for home.
That's when the fun and challenge begins! New places to go, new things to discover, new people to meet, new sights to see, different foods....a Whole New World opens up and You get to start a whole new life!! It's scary and a bit intimidating, but most of all..it'll be the most fun you've had in a long time.
Look forward to the future...but never forget where you came from.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

This is my biggest worry. I am quick to get homesick. But I look forward to starting a new chapter. Holding on to my life as it is now won't last much longer.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Rather than wishing you "good luck" (because luck had nothing to do with your successful progress)...

Instead, I'm going to wish you "good adventures" because that's what you're on... a wild adventure !

Oh, and may the force be with you.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

There's nothing wrong with being homesick, but don't let it drive you back to a place you know is not best for you. Take something that reminds you of home and all the good things about it. A picture or just about anything will do, it's the memories attached to it. I have a leaf from the tree in my Granny's yard, that, when I get a little down, reminds me of the hills of Eastern Ky, the place I will always call "Home".

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Am finally going to move out of state for work. Born and raised in the same place all my life..I am nervous, scared, but hopeful, and excited.

Good for you ... and good luck. I've moved around my whole adult life. The thing you lose doing that is an opportunity to put down roots. I can't tell you what that value equates to. For me, it meant the financial power to send my kids to college. My brother stayed home. If his daughter doesn't get a scholarship ... well ... she's fat and homely.

These are the work rules I live by:
Keep your head down until you solidify your reputation in your new job.
Be loyal to your boss, but don't let him/her 'own' you.
You said you'd do the job ... now, do it.

At home:
Make the bed when you get out of it.
Don't leave home until you've showered.
Dump the trash each and every morning.
Don't leave dirty dishes out.

Relationships:
You don't 'need' one.
If you're married ... love your spouse.
Marriage vows are just that. If you break 'em ... who can trust you after?

General:
Don't be a pu$$y.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Funny you use a Star Wars reference. All day while my supervisor was pressuring me to go for the move, I kept thinking how much I don't want to leave home...I imagined Obi-Wan Kenobi saying, "That's your uncle talking."

In my heart I know I want to go. I'm a wanderer.

edit on 18-7-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I'm a wanderer.

Well then, in that case here's a song to play during your travels.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Have fun with it! You'll do great. Adventure makes life wonderful

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Search "meetup" on the net and get out there and make some new friends, it is what I did when I moved away
Great site and plenty of options
Building relationships is the best thing to do in a new place

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
My heart goes out to you. Life is never easy, I know. You have a new life and experiences to look forward to. You'll be ok Honey. Home is wherever you happen to be. Hold on to your memories, but push forward. I wish you strength and courage, love and light.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Good luck. I hope everything works out for you.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

May light follow you when all is in darkness, and may shadows cover you when the heat of the day is too much. May your fortune be found, your belly be full and your capacity for joy always be stretched to its limits.

Happy trails N.B.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Good luck brother and try not to confuse the sensation of exitement at a new adventure with a bigger and brighter future with anxiety and worry!

I have moved about the whole UK for most of my life and do not really have what I call a place called home just where home happens to be at the time.

I went back to the small town where I grew up a couple of years ago and a lot of my old friends still lived there, doing the same things with the same old people, it got a little embarresing to be fair as I had a thousand interesting stories and they had nothing to say and I left before I intended as it was really rather sad.

The world today is smaller than ever and your never a few seconds away from contacting someone online or by phone or a few hours from jumping on a plane and going back if you need to.

Carpe diem as they say and remember,

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
You have a lot of new opportunities now take advantage of them, new friends, new places, new experiences. You can always come back to visit the old!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

a reply to: CranialSponge

Funny you use a Star Wars reference. All day while my supervisor was pressuring me to go for the move, I kept thinking how much I don't want to leave home...I imagined Obi-Wan Kenobi saying, "That's your uncle talking."

In my heart I know I want to go. I'm a wanderer.

Like a turtle, "Home" is where ever YOU ARE.

Don't let a case of jitters make you second guess what you want.
One year will fly by and you'll look back and wonder why you were so apprehensive. New people to meet, new places to see it's very much a new chapter and I know you'll nail it!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-7-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-7-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well, I chickened out and am going home with my tail between my legs.

Had one week of nothing but HORRIBLE experiences--in part the local people, the traffic, the housing, the office, coworkers, supervisors etc.

I jumped aboard a doomtrain plain and simple.

It just all sucks and I'm going to lose it if I stay!

Came down with a cold and spent my two days off in bed.

Yeah, screw this--heading home--praying I still have a job there.

*clicks heels together*

edit on 2-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Well, I chickened out and am going home with my tail between my legs.
Had one week of nothing but HORRIBLE experiences--in part the local people, the traffic, the housing, the office, coworkers, supervisors etc.
I jumped aboard a doomtrain plain and simple.
It just all sucks and I'm going to lose it if I stay!
Came down with a cold and spent my two days off in bed.
Yeah, screw this--heading home--praying I still have a job there.
*clicks heels together*

You took a chance that a lot of folks would love to take!
So it didn't work out the way you had hoped this time, I'm sorry for that but there may be other times.

Maybe this place was never meant to be.

Good luck on your return home!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Take The Dog.... Never Leave The Dog. Adventures Are The Stuff Of Legends.... BUT! With Man's Ol'Best-o-Pal... Things Are Superb.

Oh... And Yes. The Force Will Be With You.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join