It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 9

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Never again going there! No way!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So while walking through one of the densely wooded areas of Accasia, Not only did I see some Forest Dragons,

But ran across this!

I hope He stays to Himself and does not cause any problems for Us!
edit on 26-7-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Wow really beautiful!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish
Hi, Fishy!

Many thanks for your wonderful messages. I've sent you a reply via email.

And hi, everyone! I've read many pages to catch up & need to post a couple of replies, but give me a little time.

edit on 26/7/16 by JustMike because: of a typo.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hello Mike,

Good to see you and I am sure your having fun at your cottage! I am almost off work.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
I understand what you are saying, VBT. I fear the phone call to tell my that my Mum is no longer in this realm. My Dad passed away six years ago this month and because we live half a world apart, I couldn't be there.

Mum is fortunately still soldiering on, but I dread the day.

But we miss them. Oh yes, we miss them. Either through distance or time -- or both.

I am utterly determined that my wife is not going to go that slow, sad way -- the one you have described and which so many others know as well. I am sorry you had to experience that. It is something I have been slowly educated to expect and wait for.

It appalls me that some of our medical professionals only see it this way: "It's incurable, it will get worse; this is what you can expect." (And please forgive me if this doesn't make a lot of sense.)

I expect miracles.

Dada is fighting hard and I truly believe she can get her brain to work with her mind and find a way out of the tunnel or darkness and back into a solid reality. Yes, every person is different, and even those with the same disease may not go the same route. And I have seen the evidence that she is fighting back and trying to win through. It tires her and she had days with relapses, but the point is, they are relapses. She is not just on a continual, inevitable, downhill slide like the docs have proclaimed. She is trying to crawl back up again and I'll do all I can to help her.

As you said, "as long as you have hope".

With so-called incurable diseases, we are taught to abandon hope. I am trying to un-learn those negative teachings and aim for something higher.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
We're back in Prague for a few days, Michael. Dada was starting to get over-tired and so by coming home where there are more familiar surroundings, it should help her. The quiet and peace at the cottage helps in its own way, but we must balance everything.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Balance in life is important. Be safe and take care!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thank you. You, too... And hope the Edie situation works out. And it was great that you have some time with your boy!
(And more to follow soon!)

Darn... I had other posts I wanted to reply to but I didn't bookmark them! I mean, I'd have to read back through 30 pages of posts to find them again. So, just a couple of comments.

It was great to see the wonderful pictures and also read the new stories / new installments on the ongoing ones. Thank you! Also great to see some new arrivals here.
Remember, this is not some exclusive little clique. It's a place for like-minded (ie, friendly) people to post and share. Anyone who can keep it civil (IOW, follow ATS's T&Cs) is very welcome!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OK, poor did I short change myself. I have 77 college credits, woohoo!!!! I NEED 43 more, urg…
My meeting this afternoon was a bust! I hated the woman almost on sight, and I think it was mutual. LOL OK, first let me back up and tell you how my morning meeting started. I pull up in front of admission and there, on a metal admissions parking sign is “Reserved for Martin75”. How cool is that? And from there is just got better. We clicked right off and I really just had to force myself to leave. She is actually looking for a possibility of me changing careers!!!!! Yes, it was THAT good of a meeting.

Now fast forward to meeting #2. I like to never found a parking spot. Walk a mile across the hot parking lots, only to find the doors were ALL locked. WTH!?! It’s 95 degrees out here and all concrete no shade. I call her office and she says, “oops I meant to be outside waiting. Oh well, I will come now” Oh well, I’m just an oh well. Then when we get to her office she says I need to look at “real school” and not a Regents because I haven’t even college a shot. I was so confused…..I had sent her my transcripts. So then I find out that she did not print (or even look at) the packet I sent and only looked me up in her system. In 1993 I took one semester of classes and withdrew so it looked like I only had about 12 credits. So I hand her the transcripts I brought. Then when she got interested I proceeded to tell her that Concord had made an amazing first impression and I saw no reason to waste anymore of anyone’s time. I also told her that she may want to look at the material sent to her before meetings if she was interested in new students.

I think I am going to shoot for Jan 2017 as my start date. If I do the regents degree it means that I have a lot of prep work and it would make me feel better if I had a bit more time to work on it. Sorry for the book guys, LOL.

a reply to: Macenroe82
Thanks for the well wishes. I think I now have a plan….LOL

a reply to: gimmefootball400
Me, you, and Skid are all wasting away in West Virginia. Sadly I’m just a puddle of sweat and still looking for the frozen margaritas. HAHAHA

Did ya see my update? Boy did I short myself, almost by half!!! What’s for dinner tonight? LOL

a reply to: SyxPak
Mike those pictures are amazing!!! OMG, what is that thing!?! I’m pretty sure he is perfect for a Shed war party!

Mike I often think of you and Dada and hope she is having a good day. I have no experience with what you both are going through but just wanted to let you know that there are energies at work around the world for Dada and I do believe that the people’s energy is but one small place where miracles are born. [[[SHEDHUGS]]]

OK, I’m going to let someone else talk for a while…LOL.

Found him behind The Shed. He seems lonely.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Ok go with school 1. Wow that second one is a place you do not want to attend. Not sure about dinner yet.

I am sitting on the beach in pure awe and shock. A man should never wear a speedo and this guy well is just something else.
edit on 7 26 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
LOL OK we believe you and DO NOT want pictures. HAHAHA

Yup definitely the first. I still want to talk to WVU just to see how expensive it is BUT that would really be only for the name of the school. So it will probably be Concord, and hopefully it's cheaper than WVU.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Apply for a government grant. You will get it and not have to pay it back.

Not kidding!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I filled out my FAFSA the federal aid but I didn't qualify last time so I doubt I will this time. The lines to qualify are crazy low. If you have a job you can just about forget assistance.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'd say go with the first one. The second doesn't sound promising, especially if she can't get her stuff together.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Its currently 107 degrees here. I was at the plant and received an emergency phone call from Pacific gas and electric, demanding that I shut down the mill immediatly. I sent all employees home three hours early without pay. Then the plant manager sent me home with pay!!!!!!

Ok who here can match 107? Its supposed to be this hot the rest of the week. They may do the same tomorrow

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75 Thats not bad at all! 44 credit hours. You can do that easy

link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
Yeah that is my plan. She was an idiot! I hope she was a summer feel in and that isn't the lady who is in charge!

a reply to: visitedbythem
It's the humidity here. The air is so thick when you walk outside you feel like a fish trying to breath underwater. It usually doesn't get this bad until August. I don't know what the hell we are going to do in August!
ETA:Getting sent home with pay is ALWAYS sweet! LOL
Thanks, it really wasn't near as many as I thought I would need. I figured it would be a double of what I already have.

edit on 7/26/2016 by Martin75 because: ETA: added to rider's reply

link   
a reply to: SyxPak Thank You SYX

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75 Oh its 108 now, but you are right, its low humidity. 16% outdoors and 44% indoors

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join