It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 9

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Before I greet you all and read a line I need to share with you something that ran into my life today.
I need to share the bitter sweet and awesome. (awesome is defined as full of holy fear).
Because if I tell too many in the real world I may jinx it and would have to break down multiple times.
I am writing this because I need your prayers.

Two years ago I resigned from a job at, lets call it a "Home", due to privacy clauses I am prohibited from providing any open reference.
I resigned due to extensive prolonged harassment that led me to react in a very inappropriate manner which resulted in me being written up three times. One of the complaints was a down right lie.
But I chose to leave because I could not bear the being written up for the first time in my life.

I loved the place and the people I served. I was unconditionally devoted to them, very contrary to my co-workers. They hated them, openly.

Fast forward to today.
A costumer comes up and apologizes for bothering me.
"Costumers are never a bother, you pay my bills"
"Well some can be annoying?"
"If I find a customer annoying it is I who has a problem"
"What a nice attitude" she says.
I ask her if she would like any thing else.
"Well how many hours do you work here?"
Confused I say part time and blurt out "Why?"
"Well I manage a kitchen and I want you to work there, I need some one like you"
Just like that, I am stunned and ask where this is.

It is my old job, I start sobbing uncontrollably and she is horrified asking me what is wrong.
A co-worker takes my spot it is obvious that I am out of my wits.
This kind woman takes time to sit down and listen to my story, I hide nothing for her about my behavior.

I never dream about people in real life, ever. But I still dream about "them" I wake up sobbing, I can feel a gentle hand and hear their voices. I loved them. So much.
I never talk about it to any one, ever, it causes too much pain, I can't even visit, I would fall apart. I have pushed the memory into the regions of a whisper of a prayer. "Please let me go back, please"

And now it is all too real again, my being is torn in pieces, I can't handle the memories of their dear faces, laughter and gentle hands holding mine.
I loved them so much but I couldn't handle my temper with my co-workers. Fool.
Just pray for me, that what ever happens is the best for all. I am a total mess right now.

Oh please don't tell me "a job is a job" this was more than a job.
I know what "a job" is.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I also hope Chirp is ok. Edie is here and cooking. I am drinking. I made her a drink too from Augies cocktail threat. She loves it. Me just vodka shaken with ice. When Corbin was here no drinks!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: thenightisours

Hello again! So, tell us a bit about yourself if you don't mind.

Hello again, Night Star...always nice to hear from you.....and all the people here in the Shed. I do not have any real problems in sharing more about myself. However, in today's environment I think we all need to be guarded to some degree about what we reveal and just be careful and use common sense.

So maybe one way is to say: Hi, I am thenightisours ask me anything? LOL

But some brief info. I really enjoy the ATS community. I have a broad range of interests and have come to try to understand what I believe in things/issues...and then why do I? It is a nice little exercise for me to keep acquainted with issues and to research as much as I can so I know what I feel and why.

Pretty much an Open Minded person, and respect the Golden Rule of "....treating others the same way you would wish to be treated....". I believe Honesty is the best policy on an individual basis. I don't or try not to play any mind games.....but, have a healthy skepticism which naturally makes me want to learn more about a given issue/topic that I find interesting.

Have been known to a crazy sense of humor and can laugh at myself. So how is that for starters??? Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I like the crazy sense of humor and I know Skid does too. Your one amazing person to me! Thank you for being here!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Chirp's fine. I sent her a U2U earlier. She said she'd try to make it in.

I'm glad you two are having a good time. Good idea not drinking when your son is there. It might get back to you know who and be used against you. Anywho, Augustus should be a bartender. He sure has a lot of drinks on that thread.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Yes if Corbin is here I don't drink. Augie is a butcher your right and should bartend lol.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hello and welcome new person

Here is life saver for you. Just if you get lost in The Shed, you know

Now I do like your intro, but I all ways have a problem with the whole "treat others as you want to be treated".
In my experience some people don't know or care about them selves enough to be able to apply any kind of compassion towards others.
Any who. I try to figure out how others feel comfy.
Good to meet you, please have a jolly time in this magical place.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I like the crazy sense of humor and I know Skid does too. Your one amazing person to me! Thank you for being here!

Thank you so much Q12, you have been so kind on many threads and topics......and the members here at The Shed have and are awesome.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Thank you so much. I have learned In life to be kind to others because some people in my life were and are mean to me. Your kindness touched me. Thank you. Your A great person!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Hello and welcome new person

Here is life saver for you. Just if you get lost in The Shed, you know

Now I do like your intro, but I all ways have a problem with the whole "treat others as you want to be treated".
In my experience some people don't know or care about them selves enough to be able to apply any kind of compassion towards others.
Any who. I try to figure out how others feel comfy.
Good to meet you, please have a jolly time in this magical place.

AwesomeWalkInSilence

So nice to be here, there and everywhere. As far as the Golden Rule thingy, it is just a personal choice, I agree with your perspective, however, the way I look at it is that I have my own personal choice and cannot force one of my simple tenements of life, if practiced to the best of 'my' ability, then it just makes me feel better. Peace, a pleasure to meet you.

Cheers!!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I am off to help cook. Lov you all:❤️

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Sorry if I was abrasive I am just too out spoken.
Your name is very nice but I wish I could see your data, it is all a blur with the light background.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hooeeee you guys, talking about the heat like that. It makes this unbearable 77 degree heat all the more nasty (speaking from the impromptu couch of frozen vegetables).

Edit: I hope my teasing is coming through 'cause I honestly don't know how you handle the heat that you are talking about. Cold baths is all I can say.
edit on 24/7/16 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hello WIS. I am so sorry to hear of the burden on your heart. You are remembering people you loved so very much and were a huge part of your life. Enjoy your memories. You left because it was the only thing you could do at the time. When one truly loves another person the other person(s) will know and I am sure they understand the big picture. That love and friendship is still there ready to be ignited. Isn't it a remarkable thing to think that others made such an impact on you and you on them and that there is understanding behind human actions?

Al the pain has rushed back, unexpectedly. It's normal, but a huge shock to your system. And now you are being bombarded with guilt and love and a gulf between you and those you love so very much. Let the feelings flow and then take a deep breath.

What an honour to be asked to work for someone else on the spot. That is a high compliment and speaks volumes.

I will pray for you. We all make mistakes but we also learn and grow from them. No one is perfect. Don't be too hard on yourself. It is a new day now and the past is in the past. It just hurts so much because all was cut off when you left the company and so you were unable to attain closure and say a proper goodbye.

Soft hugs my dear, I envelope you with softness.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Awww, you beautiful, gentle wonderful soul. Honey, it breaks my heart to see you hurting and missing all those people who meant so much to you. You did what you had to do. I would imagine your co workers had to be pretty bad for you to react the way you did. It's not your fault. You were pushed into reacting the way you did. No one is perfect and no one can handle every little thing that comes their way. You were pushed to your limits.

I pray for you all the time Honey. I am here for you always. You know that. And you have your Shed family who loves you and will never let you down either. Much love and light my sweet friend!

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

You know, we love a crazy sense of humor in here! You sound like a wonderful person and I am so glad you found your way to us here at the shed. To all my newbies, I hereby proclaim you a Sheddite of the Shed.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Well said seagull! Hello, how are you tonight?

Have to get something to eat and answer a few Pm's. Be right back!

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I wrote a poem, beseeching those who linger in a land beyond the Above Network.
I was uncertain if I should share, but, I miss them, and though they will likely never see this, I felt that it should be known.

Just feeling a little... I don't know... vulnerable? this afternoon. One of those teary little moods.

So without further ado

To Those Who Are Missing

The auras remain of those long lost
Embedded deep within thought and soul
Lingering essences interwoven and crossed
The weight of which beyond our control

Yellows and greens and blues and pinks
The soft colours of illusory dreams
Fanciful doughnuts and cocktail drinks
Nothing is ever what it seems

Surrounded by forests and mountains and beaches
The Shed is a haven to all
Overhead oft in flight and screeches
Come now dragons and hear my call

Hearken ye beasts of rugged leather
Please listen to this Mage's cries
She asks you to fly deep into the nether
Go forth into the aetherial skies

Find those whose auras linger within
Find those whose auras are missed
Do not be dismayed by evident chagrin
Embrace the illusion that we could coexist

Go now dragons and flap those wings
Resolution is all this Mage desires
Nothing is known of what the dream brings
Nothing is known until one inquires

<3 Kaelci, Aspiring Magister of the Shedlands

edit on 25 7 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Continued from page 34

They flew beneath the silver moon and stars, free and safe from any harm. Companions who had been through battles and rose victoriously, who met wondrous creatures and beings as they journeyed ever forward. It all began for the elf in a mysterious, warm and inviting place called the shed. So much had happened since she first arrived. Friends were made and adventures were had. In her reverie, emotions rose to the surface from deep within her heart as they sometimes did. She could see their faces, smiling, crying, laughing. They had shared so much and were never far from her mind.

As the wind rushed passed, she gazed below. The darkness faded as the sun was rising over the horizon and she saw the beauty of the Shedlands, Accasia as it was called. Tall ancient trees rose from the forest ground, flowers were in full bloom, a blanket of vivid colors popping up between the greenest of grass in open fields, majestic mountains, flowing rivers and calm lakes,and the crashing waves of the ocean. How she missed her rides with Storm. It was good to be reunited.

Storm shifted his weight to the left and headed downward to land in an open field near a lake. The companions un-mounted the huge dragon and made camp so they could rest, find food and leave the memories of the awful experience behind them. Pesky flew from flower to flower dancing and swirling about like an innocent child without a care in the world. Storm had killed some wild boar and roasted them to perfection. Jojopo and Garren gathered berries, herbs and nuts to compliment the meal.

The goblin held a deep aqua colored crystal ball on an elaborate gold and decorative stand. "I found this as I was searching for food. I have never seen a crystal ball in such a color before." He handed it to Night Star. "For you my lady." He bowed before her as he presented her with the mysterious orb. She held it with the utmost of care and peered into the lovey crystal ball. Pesky couldn't fly over quickly enough to see the new found treasure. "I see...something" said Night. "What is it?" asked the pixie? "What do you see?" The elf rubbed the smooth surface and the pictures became clearer.

edit on 25-7-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Oh wow Kaelci, while I was writing and doing some things around the house in between before finishing my story, I had no idea you popped in. Funny how we were both thinking of our missing Shedlanders and had to write about them. Mine is short and sweet, but they were mentioned.

Loved your poem very much! I often wonder if they lurk and read here sometimes. I often wonder if they may be having second thoughts and are thinking of retuning home.
They know that the doors are always open. They know how much they are loved and missed. As long as the shed still stands, they will have a home here.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join