It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 9

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
ccseagull
I don't mind bearing My soul for You guys! It's a blast!!
But I do have to get goin now for a while...
More later, or in the morn?

visitedbythem
Cool Bro! That's just where I want You guys!!
But sorry, I have real life slamming Me in the side of the head.

Yah CC is smacking me into real life to get something done!!
Just kidding on the smacking bit!!
But I do have to go for a while. CatchYa's all Later!!

edit on 24-7-2016 by SyxPak because: added a pic...

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull
a reply to: thenightisours

thenightisours - beautiful, simply beautiful. I just might put that on my fridge door to read over and over again. No, I'm not implying I'm in the fridge all the time.

Ah, wow. I'm glad it made you happy....have beautiful day, and whatever you're getting from the fridge, I'll have one also

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Your writing was amazing.👍

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Your story keeps getting better.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull
More like sitting on a bed in an attic/loft style room with no windows. At least I have plenty of water.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Rub some ice over your forehead and youll feel better.
Its supposed to be 105 here today, Its 102 right now

edit on 24-7-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
I'm going to put a water bottle in the freezer just for that purpose. I hope nobody takes it.

ETA: Make sure you have plenty of water. That's damn hot.
edit on 24-7-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ooooooh! Morning reading with my coffee! Thank you Syx.

I will get my next installment up in an hour or so.

I was supposed to last night, but, well.... *shifty eyes*....
A game was just released that my partner and I have been looking forward to, called Starbound.
And we played that for a few hours last night instead; hooray for the internet, allowing us to do things together even though he's far away. It's like when we first met all over again, haha.

Good morning everyone!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If this was opposites day this song would be for you.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Syx,Loved the story entries from my mighty winged one!

I always love the latest dragon avatar that you are sporting of course! And your pics of dragons always take my breath away!

Rider,So glad that you enjoyed our story entries. I usually get to focus when the shed is asleep or very slow.I put on my headphones, open the youtube page and get some mood music going and the words seem to flow. Otherwise, I sit here looking at the screen thinking um...should I write this or that?

Quantum,Thank you for the lovely poem, very nice! Have you showed Corbin Syx's dragon pic thread?

thenightisours,I just loved your eloquent poem! I hope you decide to write more for us in the future and visit more often!

seagull,So glad that you enjoyed the story entries! We had to ask special permission to have this kind of thread that is a combination of chit chat and story telling. This all began as a Valentine thread by member Angelchemuel where some amazing people came together and became friends. We were still chatting long after Valentine's Day so we got shut down for being off topic. LOL! It was Jaceygirl who began the shed tale and then everyone joined in. It has evolved since then.

Skid,I'm melting over here too. As long as I stay sitting here in my kitchen or hanging out in the parlor I'm fine, but the rest of the house is hot as hell. Our AC is in the parlor and I have a fan from the edge of the parlor that blows into the kitchen.

Kaelci! Hello there! As always looking forward to your next installment and sitting here with chills up my spine knowing there is a giant spider loose in the shedlands. LOL
edit on 24-7-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
That sounds like my room. I'm leaving puddles.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I like that song Skid! Are you still melting? Stick your head under cold water and let it air dry. That helps cool you off. Take a cool soothing bath. My antique tub is what I call my swimming pool in the Summer. LOL Wrap a cold wet towel around your neck. They sell these things that you soak in water and then wrap around your neck and it's so soothing and cool. They used to give them out where I used to work.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci on page 17

Last Bit of Story
Kaelci closed her eyes tightly and strengthened her grip on Darien’s arm, the green venom that dripped from Azothinne’s fangs landed with a splash ahead of them, any closer and it would have touched them! Darien! Do something!

His laughter echoed about her head as he spoke to her mind. Dear Lady! I thought you disdained such telepathic shenanigans! Alas, do be patient, dear Kaelci.

Be patient!? Was he mad!? She closed her eyes ever tighter and cringed as she awaited her inevitable death.

~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kaelci waited, and waited, and yet nothing happened. She felt as though she were trapped in her own personal realm where time no longer had meaning, perhaps the Spider Lord lay frozen in time before her closed eyes as she stood petrified by inevitable death and doom. Perhaps she was already dead. Her energy seemed to drain away with each eternal second…

She found the will to twitch her forefinger, shocked in spite of herself as the appendage actually moved, and she became aware that she could still feel the firmness of Darien’s arm beneath her hand, the softness of his robes, the icy breeze that flowed about them. What had happened? Tentatively she opened an eye and then her other eye, peering about in wonder as herself and Darien stood in this empty room of glaring white, surprised to find that the both of them were exuding a golden light so radiant that their glow was brighter than the white that had initially assaulted her senses.

Darien’s well-humoured voice interrupted her shocked musings.

“And now, my dear Kaelci, if you could lift your foot and slam it down… we can be done with this place.”

What!? She whipped her head down and looked in amazement at the tiny spider that sat before her shoe, the creature barely a fraction of its previous gigantic majesty.

“Come now, he won’t remain that size forever! It took near the entirety of our power combined to achieve this, do not squander the moment!”

With a heavy leg raised, uncertainty lingering behind baited breath, she lowered her foot upon the spider and pressed down. No sooner had she planted her foot firmly upon the tiny creature the white room they stood in vanished! Her hands flew to her ears as the deafening roar of life returned all around them! She could hear the rush of the waterfall once more, bats flew all around them squeaking their little songs, the fungi that lay dead and withered about the walls of the caves burst into being, the blue glow shining upon them!

Weakness forgotten, Kaelci gazed about in wonder at the beauty that surrounded her. It seemed an age since they had first stepped into these caverns when she had first admired the otherworldly beauty of the cave; she had forgotten what it looked like. She peered shyly up at Darien, the man illuminated by the glowing mushrooms looked rather enchanting, and she could do naught to quieten her pounding heart as he smiled his boyish smile at her and offered her his arm.

“I do apologise, miss. I had not meant to completely drain your own power, I was simply meaning to amplify my own… alas, the deed is done! Care to leave these insufferable caves behind us?”

“Indeed, I yearn to see the life of the forest returned.”

She felt the warm blush upon her face as she took his arm, and kept her gaze fixed squarely on the glowing blue fungi that lit their passage, each individual mushroom shining forth an ethereal glitter as the two mages passed through the stony corridors, her excitement increasing as she saw the light of the outside world ahead, the aqua waters swiftly rushing past the mouth of the cave’s entrance.

A sudden burst of energy renewed her as she closed her eyes and listened to the life that surrounded her once more, in stark contrast to the deathly silence they had endured to reach this destination, and with a smile she allowed her hand to leave Darien’s arm and dove into waters of the lake below; the songs of the birds, the whistle of the wind, the screeches of the insects, it had all returned! And what was that she could hear?...

Smash! Bang! MEOOWWWWWWWW!! Kaelci quickly pulled herself to shore and yelled to Darien as she ran to the tower.

“Oh no! I completely forgot about Sita! Oh no, oh no! Whatever could she be doing!?”

Darien simply lay down on the pebbles surrounding the lake and smiled as the sun shone upon his face, relaxing in the warm fresh air.

“You chose to keep her. Have fun!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~

edit on 24 7 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm going to stick my head under the tap when I come back in from letting the dogs out. I have a bottle of water in the deep freeze. It should be slushy or frozen by then too.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Kaelci,Yay! No more giant spider! Woo hoo! I must celebrate. That thing scared the bejeebers outta me! LOL Good story telling my friend! I'm really loving that we are writing more lately. The shed really needed us to get out butts in gear.

Skid, OMG you had me cracking up in Woody's thread! Bahahaha!

I have a few things to do but will be popping in and out.

To all my Sheddites of the shed.

edit on 24-7-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Quantum,Thank you for the lovely poem, very nice! Have you showed Corbin Syx's dragon pic thread?

Yes he saw Syx's thread. He said cool dad but let's swim. Lol. I sadly had to take him to the airport. Just made it home.😩

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Your writing was amazing.👍

Thank you Quantum very kind of you.

originally posted by: Night Star
thenightisours,I just loved your eloquent poem! I hope you decide to write more for us in the future and visit more often!

Thank you Night Star what a very sweet thing to say.

]

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Nice one again!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If anyone needs a laugh, he does.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

That's exactly how people describe me. For some reason they feel the need to warn others before introducing them to me.

I liked that one! Ahahaha!

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join