It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 9

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

It was something else.

There was no clouds here, and the strangest thing there was lighting happening on the periphery on our eye line? I've never seen it before, my husband is a astronomy junky and he was at a loss as to how we were getting lighting flashes.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Maybe some heat lightening?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I use to see it in OZ all the time, this had no clouds we could see.
But our line up sight upwards to the stars was the clears I have ever see, and the periphery may have has thin cloud lightening we couldn't see, all I can think of

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Sounds beautiful Zazz!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I thought I saw lightning here, too. Then again it did storm briefly.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

you have mail

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Sounds like Woody sent you a little "hello", Zazz. That's wonderful.

I'm hoping to catch some of the meteor shower's left-overs tomorrow night when we'll be back at the cottage. And with any luck, we might even see one of the local owls.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey sweet girl.

I think My hubby finally caved and agreed to us to getting Skids puppy! I think he felt so sorry for me with my red eyes and crying headache, this morning I woke up looking like the wreck of the hesperus!

I think he got frightened

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Apparently you have to look in the right direction!
I didn't realise there was a math formula to looking up at the stars...I had to hear ALL about it painfully last night on how it works....

Love love love your avatar.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Got it. Thank you. I sent a reply.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Zazz download Google sky on your phone. It will tell you which way to look. It's pretty neat. Woohoo on the puppy! 🐶

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hey Gang! Still backreading here as I got pulled from home for a while yesterday.
Back on page 137 still!!
Yikes there is a lot of ground to cover, so off I go!!

I hope everyone is well.

I did drop in a line for Woodward.
Sorry to see that His time has passed...

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Yes, to see a specific meteor shower you have to look in the right direction. But I'm lazy. I normally just look up at the sky and take it from there.

Glad you like the avatar. This is the first time I've ever changed mine. But for Woody, I'm glad to do it. And I love how you've done yours with Woody's within it. It works well.

And I've been remiss: hi, everyone! Apologies for being away so much. Good to be around here with you all for a little while.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
When Im looking at the stars and planets with a friend, I have a cool tool that I use. Its a military grade Violet blue Lasar pointer. I can point to a star or planet with it, and a solid super bright beam goes up probably thousands of feet. Gotta make sure there are no planes in the area first though. I also use the lasar beam to light my barbeque with.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Oh he had out nasa sky, telescopes, binoculars a computer linked to several major telescopes , so if went with google earth he would be offended

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Good day everyone.
How about a little story to hopefully lighten the mood and perhaps entertain.
This is short chapter in my story line.
If you have not read the previous chapters and you are interested in doing so, I have place them all in one thread that you can find here:

The Story Of Aria And Errollorre

And now we continue.

Chapter 7

The wizard Carl walked along a forest path.
Gone was the fuzzy bathrobe he used to wear and the colander that used to sit upon his head.
Now he wore a long flowing grey robe, tied at the waist with a light brown rope.
A pointed wizard's hat sat on his head and he carried a tall staff with a rounded top.
After searching the forest for sometime he heard some noise that he followed to a large clearing.
There standing in the clearing holding a bow and arrow was Errollorre of the Palindromes.
Troll the troll stood by his side holding a bale of hay that had a round target attached to its side.

“There you are!” said the wizard. “I’ve been searching for you idiots for a day and a half.”
“Wizard Carl!” said Errollorre. “You look so different in that robe, you look so respectful.”
“The dangers that were in Accasia have been eliminated.” said the wizard. “The time for pretending to be a fool has past. I only wish you were pretending. Errollorre what are you doing out here?”
“I’m getting ready for the contests to win the hand of Aria.” said Errollorre. “Watch this.”

Errollorre nodded towards Troll, who then flung the bale of hay with the target on it, high into the air.
Errollorre quickly fired off an arrow from his bow hitting the target dead center.
Before the bale of hay crashed to the ground Errollorre fired a second arrow the split the first arrow in two.

“How about that?” Errollorre said to the Wizard Carl. “ That’s pretty good shooting if I must say so myself.”
“Oh I agree.” said the wizard. “It’s a pity there is no archery in the contests in which you’re competing.”

“No archery?” said Errollorre. “What are the contests then?”
“There are three.” said the wizard. “The first contest is a jousting match while riding on a wild wood warg.
The probability of you even coming close to climbing onto its back is extremely nil.
The second challenge is to saddle a young untamed wild dragon. The dragon master Syx has located two orphaned dragons on the wilden isles. Not only do you have to saddle one of them, and I might add dragons don’t react kindly to saddles, but then you must ride it to the Evron Mountain, pick a blue lotus flower and return with it.
An unlikely scenario.
Finally the third challenge is hand to hand combat with your rival, Prince Seapaul in this case, with use of swords, maces, or whatever weapon is available on the field.
Seeing his great size, strength, and reputation as a master of combat, I don’t have any hope that you will defeat him.
In fact I have spent some time calculating the probabilities of you winning any event. I factored in all the known advantages and disadvantages you have. I even gave weight to you having an enormous amount of dumb luck.
No matter how it was added up the conclusion was the same.
You will not survive or live through any of the challenges.”

Errollorre look down dejectedly.
“I don’t think I want to live if I can live with Aria.” he said.
“If I can’t win then why did you have me issue a challenge against Prince Seapaul?”

“I was trying to buy you time.” said the wizard. “I hoped I could find a way for you to have an edge in these contests, but so far I haven’t been successful.”
“An edge?” said Errollorre. “You mean you were going to use your wizard skills to help me cheat?”
“Not cheat.” said the wizard. “Survive.”
“Well at this point I’m desperate.” said Errollorre. “I just want Aria to remember our past. Then I know we’ll be together. So if I have to cheat, I’ll do it.” said Errollorre.
“I’m not surprised by your decision.” said the wizard. “Come, let’s go back to my study. There are hundreds of books to look through yet.
Maybe between the two of us we’ll come up with a way for you to not get killed and perhaps even prevail in this contest.”

The wizard turned towards Troll.
“Not you Troll.” said the wizard. “You have a good heart but clumsy hands and feet. My library is too valuable to have one of your accidents occur there.
I’ve instructed the castle kitchen to slaughter and prepare three steers from the royal cattle for you to eat while we search the books.”
“That good.” said Troll. “Troll no like books, but Troll like little snack before dinner.”

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Nice one Erroll!👍

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Gordi!

I don't know how I missed this.
I'm glad i was looking back through the posts.
I'm so glad to see you here.
I'm fighting the good fight. lol
Please if you have the time (which i know is sparse)
join me.
LOL
Anyway, glad to see you my friend.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Erroll This is a Fantastic addition to Your Tale!! I loved it!!

(When I was mentioned in it, I smiled and blushed. GoshaMighty anyways.....)

Hello to anyone home.
I had to fly to see My Sister in Law who is in the hospital still, but seems to be doing well.
She is recovering nicely...

I have loved all the story elements I have seen so far,
and ALL the images posted here but,
I am still very many pages behind...

Dropping in an image for the day. Well, for now anyway...

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join