It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 9

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
"So that's it then."

I stare back over my shoulder once more at what was once my home, now just a few trees remain. The once thick and bustling forest has been reduced to a cacophony of mans toils and war. Thick smoke lingers above the tree line giving way to any notion of a better time.

"I am the last"

Wiping the last tear I'll ever shed for this place off my curving beak, I set off for a place my family spoke of often. A place where dodos do fly.....

After walking countless days for what seemed like an eternity, Sir Dodo reached the end of his realm.

Looking behind him yet again to ensure he is not being followed, he gazes towards the horizon. "No sign of hunters. That's a relief. No sign of home either." Sir Dodo tries to identify the direction of his old home, as if there was still a shred of longing for home but all he could see is vast expanse of emptiness. He might as well been walking on sheets of flat construction paper on end for eternity.

After one final mental picture Sir Dodo bends down and reaches into his ruck sack and withdraws his last melon. After a minute of inspection he places it back in his sack and throws it over his shoulder. "Best to wait". He turns and continues his journey to a place he has only ever heard of. "How ever will I find this place?".

Ahead in the distance lies a thick grove of trees just a few minutes walk now. Circling above the grove he can spot a few fellow foul fixated perhaps on what is likely their dinner.

Sir dodo found himself imagining sharing such a meal, and even though it feels as though his stomach may eat itself he cringes and the thought. "yuck, I'd rather eat my sandal. He then looks down at what's left of his footwear, three straps and a sole is all that keeps his webbed feet from the hard earth. He looks to his appendage with a sense of disdain, gives it a quick flap and rolls his eyes..."these things, I mean really?!"

After spending a few minutes identifying a place to set camp, Sir Dodo relieves his encumbered self and begins to build a fire. This should be good for the night, he thinks to himself.

Sir dodo settles in with his aching, throbbing feet close to the fire. He pulls his last melon and a tattered, leather manuscript from his sack. He gazes at the cover as he does each day. Bound in the best leather and engraved with the words Shed of Ac... (The remaining word is faded). Below the tile is an emblem of a dodo, but not just any dodo, one in flight. "If only", he thinks to himself.

Taking a bite of his over ripped melon he opens the cover and begins his nightly ritual.

Sir Dodo awoke with a start and a cold chill running up his spine. He had been more exhausted than he realized to allow himself to be so exposed.

Looking out to the horizon the dark night was giving way to a new day. After placing the fine leather book back in his sack, Sir Dodo shoved off with a new sense of determination. He had only made it a few steps before being reminded, every so rudely by his tummy, that there are certain priorities.

Dodo scans his surroundings and begins to forage through the shrubbery within the grove inch by inch. He finds a few berries and some nuts buried in sporadic pockets across the groves floor. The squirrels won't mind, he thinks to himself.

Having been satisfied with his booty, Dodo finds the closest rock and digs into his breakfast. The meal is brief but effective for his tummy rumblings have ceased for now. He was just about to head out when he noticed the sound of flowing water close by. He scans the area and quickly finds the source which is no more then a trickle of water in a dried up creek bed. He decides to follow the path to see where it leads as it is surely better than the alternative, thinking back to the endless rows of flat construction paper.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Yeah theres puma and bob cat. Sometimes rattlesnakes in the middle of the trail that hold their ground and coil up ready to defend their spot. Some protection may be wise.

Take pictures and show us what you guys see.

Also where you going. Malibu canyon? Temescal? Latigo? Los virgines.

Also thank god its just a fly that penny was barking at all night. I pictured you shuffling half asleep to the patio window to open the blinds to see what she is barking at and seeing Edie staring intensly back at you with her hand pressed against the glass.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Great story! Star and flag! Ok star

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

We are going to Solstice Canyon if the girls wake up lol! I blocked Edie from texting and calling me. So she wrote me a long letter and mailed it to me. I thought letters were from the past since we have email and text lol. She told me how sorry she is and bla bla bla!!! Lol
edit on 8 7 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Good Morning. It's Seafair! Hydroplanes and the Blue Angels today!

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I used to work for onstar and we always had a event at seafair love it. We had the bat mobile there for two years. A great event. Enjoy

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Which Batmobile? The one from one of the movies or the TV show?

I saw the Batcopter years ago. It was the orange one from the show. I was driving to a building I had to clean and kept seeing something shiny in my rear view mirror. It kept getting closer and closer. It turned out to be a truck hauling the copter on a trailer. They were going to Auburn, Indiana where they have a car museum.
It was this bad boy:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Loved it!

Thanks for it.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: visitedbythem

I love the flower from your garden. Are you biking today?

Im thinking about it. The electric bike anyway

Watch for snakes.. When ever I go to places they might be, I carry the 357 (Pictured to the left) The first 3 rounds are shot shells for snakes. My older son got bit, and the antivenom is very expensive.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Yeah me too! It is probably my favorite. My dad came over some years ago and took a slip of it, and now he has one too.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I was hoping you would find it. Good story!

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

The one from Michael Keaton. They made only 3 for the movie and they are still in the Warner brothers garage. Some people think six flags has the real one from the movie but it's fake lol.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Here is a photo of it.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Here is Warner brothers garage

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I liked the Michael Keaton movie.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Good morning!

...There's a quote from a series that I like, called "How Not To Live Your Life"....

The main character's housemate is convincing him to get fit, to get up early in the morning to exercise and such. So the housemate barges into the main guy's room and wakes him up in the dark hours of the morning. And the main character says something like, "It's dark that means it's still yesterday" ...

That's how I feel right now.
It's dark... that means it's still yesterday..

*blinks owlishly and stumbles about to find caffeine*

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Good morning. Darkness fades away... Is your partner back from his trip?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I was waiting for someone to ask....
It wasn't just a "trip", he was relocating back over there, and we're no longer together...

But it's okay.

It was for the best! I'm not even sad, just, feeling relief.

I'd prefer to discuss this over PM though, not in the Shed, if you wanted to talk to about it..

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
Im sorry to hear that. I kinda thought that might have been happening. Im glad to see that You are ok

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Thank you

It was for the best! Just, stepping forward into the rest of life.

new topics

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join