It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 9

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:07 PM

originally posted by: SyxPak
(Sitting in contemplation of what to write next...)

Hahaha! That's me too! Ok, gotta run!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:09 PM
a reply to: Night Star

K. See Ya.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:10 PM

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: SyxPak

If I had a lost pet I would hope someone would do the same. How's your day? Any plans for Friday?

I agree! It is the decent thing to do, right?! Umm, no plans here. What's on Your roster for today?!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:20 PM

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:38 PM

I was cleaning up the house and will hit the water in a half hour.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:46 PM
a reply to: Krypto1

Cool Selfie Man!! Love it!! Must've had that camera on a timer?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:46 PM
a reply to: Quantum12

Sounds like a plan Man! Remember Your sun-block!! lMAO!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:52 PM

How did you know that !!!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:53 PM
a reply to: Krypto1

I have the same set up is how I knew!! LMAO!!!

I like that one!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:54 PM

Lol yes I will bring my aloe gater sun block thank you!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:03 PM
a reply to: Quantum12

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:14 PM
Hi everyone!

Just dropping in quickly to let you know I'm still around. Had quite a bit going on IRL but it's all okay: my wife and I are doing fine. Just been busy with lots of things. However we are moving in a positive direction. That's what matters.

So many folks I'd like to say hi to individually or comment on their posts but that would take ages and pages. So, "thank you" to everyone for posting your stories.

Oh, one I must mention: Kaelci's complete chapter back on page 61. (Hi, Kaelci!)

Kaelci, I loved it. But then I am biased because I just love the way you write. I read it not long after it was posted and wasn't able to comment right then, but I took a copy and put it into a word doc, then later did a review of it from a professional editing point of view. Found a few things you might want to fix either because they're typos or they have grammatical issues, but we can follow up on that later via PMs. There's no great rush.

Main thing is, you write wonderfully well, so please don't worry if I found things that should be revised. I went through many hundreds of hours on that side with my own book after my editor had gone through it. But in the end I was glad for his input.

Even though I have made a chunk of my living for some years as an editor, I cannot do a quality edit of my own work. No-one should with a longer piece of work they wish to eventually publish: "Physician, heal thyself" also applies to writers!

I also really appreciated the other writing people offered here. But due to time constraints I feel mortified that I cannot offer any detailed comments right now.

Okay, must go and spend some time with my bride.
I'll try to sneak back in here in a few hours or so.

edit on 5/8/16 by JustMike because: Coding error. (My computer did it. I am innocent.)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:20 PM
a reply to: JustMike

Hi JustMike, I am just happy to hear all it well. Have a great day!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:33 PM
Ok im back from the park. My friend is learning really fast. Im proud of him.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:42 PM
I the weathers nice and im up for a little adventure.

Going to go to the Getty Museam right now and look at the Monet's and Van Gogh's.

Who here wants to go on a digital ride along with me?

Ill post pics of the journey and wish you were there with me. Im not sure if theyll let me get away with taking pictures inside the galleries of the art but, ill find out. But, the architecture, gardens and view of the city are amazing. Plus i get to ride a tram up a mountain. The little boy in me will be thrilled about that.. Ill upload as i go along and hope you folks enjoy the little getaway with dave.

Maybe ill even stay for the sunset.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:44 PM
I'm glad that all is well with you. Have a good weekend.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:11 PM
Hi Mike!!

Thank you for your words.
I appreciate that you read it, and then also from an editing point of view! I would still love for you to read the whole thing once I'm finally finished, and to get your opinions and whatnot on it before I send it off to an editor. I found an editor in Brisbane that I think I will like to use, but, that's still far in the future yet.

The main thing I had with that chapter that I posted was... it was VERY close to me. Most of my emotional energy was shoved into that chapter as a purge of sorts, and I just needed to see from an unbiased stand-point if the writing elicited emotion. Be heartbreaking to have written all that, and have no one feel anything.

I'm glad that you and your wife are doing well! And that things are moving in a positive direction!

a reply to: everyone!

Good morning!

I see that there's a story I'm to tell... *waves to Dave*.. it's still your story
but.. it was a huge story, and written on the phone!! I'm still amazed at that. But I will fix it up and share it a bit later! Caffeine first!

Hi Birdie *waves* and Syx!! Thank you for the morning story!

*waves to everyone, offers morning hugs, runs away to delight in morning beverages*

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:20 PM
(Continued from page 122)
Just a little more before I , and CC, go to the wedding rehersal! It's the big day tomorrow!!

Kaelci I am glad I had that here for You read this morning with Your Coffee!!

Here's a little more...

Syx and the other Dragons were in the Pyramid contemplating on whether or not to use one of Two Wishes, that Razor, The Huge Beast, gave Them...

"I say We trust Razor, in that He will help Us in a time of dire need! What say You all?" Syx aksed the Group of Dragons.

All the Dragons nodded their head in agreement with Syx, and a few said "Yes I agree" outloud.

The Humans Drom and Tilla also agreed that it would be a good idea to save both wishes, instead of using one for a test.

"Two wishes when really needed will be very good to have!I agree that You should wait for the proper time of use!" Tilla said with a smile.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:55 PM
a reply to: BASSPLYR
Just wanted to say hi to you first as we haven't met before as far as I know, in spite of your long tenancy on ATS.
Just call me Mike, dammit!
Great to see you. I'd be really glad if you could let me know if you've heard back from your friend Lisa the screenwriter and reader. I'm still anxious abut that.
Hi Kaelci,

before we get into technical details via PM or whatever, probably the best advice I can give you is to read your text out loud to yourself. It's amazing what you can pick up that way. For example, read par. 7 of your chapter (the one that begins "The young Alexandria" and ask yourself if it actually "works" grammatically.

Reading it through put loud -- especially if you do it like actors would, where you really "live" it -- often helps your mind to see things that as a writer you will almost never see. You'll also spot a couple of clangers and ask yourself, "How on EARTH did I not see that?"

Remember I am speaking from experience and this is not meant as any form of criticism. I have (so far!) found three typos in my book that got past my editor, other pre-publication readers and myself, and actually made it into print! One is a word repetition and the other two are single-letter typos that software willnot pick up as an "error".

No-one is perfect, but if you can eliminate the majority of errors then you will be way ahead of the game. I consider one error per 40,000 - 50,000 running words as acceptable, but many works I see out there have at least one error per page (cca 400 words) and that is just not good enough. So, we need to find them and get rid of them.

Reading out loud helps because you are using other faculties of your brain. Reading silently is one thing, articulating what you read is another. Whatever we can do to reduce the errors has to be helpful.

ETA: Kaelci, from your chapter: spot the error. (You may groan to yourself. Facepalm is optional.):

These shoes, she had no asked for them, but it was her father’s funeral and appropriate footwear had been required.

edit on 5/8/16 by JustMike because: Example. And don't worry. That's why we have editors!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:59 PM

I see it.

*blushes and runs away*

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>