It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 9

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Cheer up man - In a couple weeks you might get to see me be social outside of the internet, which I promise you will make you laugh

Life is tough sometimes; but if it were easy then it would be boring!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank You Dear. I am terribly behind or is that too far ahead?
There are kind replies that I should have replied to but it seems embarrassing when it is three days out.

I miss my Shed family. This is one special place in the grand picture. A key note in a composition that would be ruined for eternity if it was lost.

I tried to quit my job today, but my manager went to great extent convincing me that all was good.
Here I am telling her I can't meat the requirements and I feel inadequate while she asks me what they can do to help.
I just wanted her to agree with me. So confused.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: kaelci

Can't you pm me? Lol

I could... but... I don't think you'd like it

Speak to anyone who has had the misfortune of having me contact them... I send messages near as long as a book chapter sometimes!

Too chatty for my own good, drive people away, lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Awww Wis, I hope things work out for you with your job.

Hiya Foss!

Kaelci, I love your long PM's! I do that too sometimes!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

But that is the purpose of communication, that we express our selves, and make time to delve into the mind and hearts of others.
I too am "wordy" perhaps not worthy.

When I sailed I used to write epic long letters to people.
My time off was most often spent composing tales of my thoughts and experiences. Hand written mind you. With drawings and doodles. A month or so would pass between shipping a letter that would be more like a package.
And coming home the recipients would take out their letters and we would read them over again.

Receiving one was a treat, the longer the better.
Don't diminish your self dear, you have much to give.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
That looks like my dog lol. She looks like a bat!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Nothing gets my "panties in a twist" more than when I go out of my way to write a long, in-depth, heart-felt message to someone.... eagerly await a reply..... only to receive, "okay." or something of the like.

I think people should be more willing to sit down, and speak!
Whether it's with voice, or with the written word.
Sit down, take the time, and communicate.

I guess it's just a matter of finding those ones who wish to speak with you as much as you wish to speak to them.

I italicised that because I had a moment of inner discovery as I wrote it...
*lets out a deep woosh*

*I would just like to add that I would love to receive a hand-written letter full of thoughts and emotions, little drawings and doodles here and there. Such a thing would be a wonderful gift! Five pages, eight pages, ten or more! I would read them all and cherish every word.

edit on 3 8 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Whoosh to you too, Little One, and that is said in the most respectful endearing voice.

I think this picture is appropriate as a comment.

Ahh yes, speak and share. But we are so fearful, we have become little rabbits scared of our own shadows so revealing our selves to each other in an honest manner is an awesome endeavor.

The letters and conversations over the years that I have had, granted me lasting memories and wisdom.
Now we barely scratch the surface of others. How has this become?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

In that case...you'll have mail in a moment.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wis, when you spoke of writing long letters, it brought back so many memories of having pen pals. Yeah, before computers and easier forms of communication. LOL! We would cut out interesting articles to share or pictures from magazines of gardens and craft ideas and recipes. We would talk about our lives and interests. It was so much fun. People don't look forward to getting bills and junk mail but we would rush to get the mail hoping a letter was in that mailbox. Friends from all over the world. Fun!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I haven't had a penpal since I was 10, ooooooh so exciting!

edit on 3 8 2016 by kaelci because: 2 gifs was 1 gif too many

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci

I must share a wee bit more. Forgive me.

I guess it's just a matter of finding those ones who wish to speak with you as much as you wish to speak to them.

Something I learned too late, but many years ago was, "Do not cast your pearls to swine" Our hearts, thoughts and lives are unique and precious. Don't bother with those who have no ears.

*I would just like to add that I would love to receive a hand-written letter full of thoughts and emotions, little drawings and doodles here and there. Such a thing would be a wonderful gift! Five pages, eight pages, ten or more! I would read them all and cherish every word.

Hopefully the time for such endeavors hasn't past, perhaps stubborn souls can revive the art of correspondence.
Of tale telling.
Hugs

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Kaelci, that gif makes me laugh every time I see it! LOL

Wis, hope is not lost!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I'm sorry Skid, I missed you back there. Hello! How are you tonight? I think we scared the other boys away. Were we being too girly girl?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Yes, waiting for the mail man, at least where I came from. seeing the stamps, holding an envelope and opening it with anticipation. There would be a familiar scent from the different people.

I had a pen pal who had multiple personality disorder. He would send a hand written and a typed copy. It was so enchanting. We met twice in ten years of correspondence. But the letters where so rewarding.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Do you remember the wax stuff you could melt and then after some is dripped onto the back of an envelope, you had a metal thing with a handle and you pressed the design into the wax to seal the envelope? Or beautiful stationery of every kind? Those were cool!

I never got to meet any of my pen pals in person. That must have been quite interesting. With multiple personalities, I bet there was never a dull moment. Kind of sad though because something very bad had to have happened to him when he was younger.

edit on 3-8-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I was just checking my little friends that are growing upon the window sill, and I saw this:

The ones on the other side of the pot are popping up to say hello now!!!
Little dots of green everywhere. Not greeting me as much as the other side just yet, but still, they're finally peeping out!

WIS

Something I learned too late, but many years ago was, "Do not cast your pearls to swine" Our hearts, thoughts and lives are unique and precious. Don't bother with those who have no ears.

Very wise words, and I thank you.

It's funny, because I just started ranting, and my next sentence was "I guess it's just a matter of finding those ones who wish to speak with you as much as you wish to speak to them." and... I just sat back and stopped for a moment. And understood for the first time. An epiphany.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hi. It's a day. That's all I can say. How about you?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Kaelci, it is very rewarding seeing new plant life grow from your tender care.

Skid, did you have a bad day?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Skid Mark

I'm sorry Skid, I missed you back there. Hello! How are you tonight? I think we scared the other boys away. Were we being too girly girl?

Nope i was writting kaelci a letter. Im back now. We like it when you ladies get all girly for a moment dont worry about us guys.

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join