It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 9

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Ya he is last years cub. The others have been around for a while.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Hahaha ya, never try to lure one in...you might get more than you bargained for lol.

As for Bear safety - Bears have really bad eye sight. They rely heavily on their ears and noses. Chances are that you will see a bear before it sees you. Use that to your advantage if ever running into one in the bush

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

We used to see them in Ocala FL but they were leeeetle.

I did hear of a 600 lb one being caught years ago and that is huge for the area in my experience.

Don't worry hopefully when I am camping I smell badly enough and am quiet enough in the woods that they won't even know I'm there!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

hahah

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Discussion of an ATS meeting close to me! Anyone coming? I hope to.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
DP
edit on 2-8-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hello my fellow Shedites! Ive got 2 days off, so I got yard work done today. I must say I have been enjoying the stories in here. I always loved story time, at school, and at work. Yes I said work... Years ago I had an employee who was older then me who was a brilliant writer by night. At least once a week, Paul would inform me that he had another chapter finished, and for me to come back to his office once he got his machine running. Paul would read his work to me then we would discuss it. The book that was my favorite had all kinds of fun things in it. The main character was a pilot, who through some sort of American Indian magic traveled back in time when a magic mist rolled in. He had interactions with both friendly and unfriendly Indians and even married one and had a family. He lived many years in the past, then one day the mist rolled back in. Paul died of cancer at about 51, because a doctor did not have a mole checked out thath he removed from his back. I miss that story time

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Did he ever get published?

Enjoy your time off!

Plans or is it just too darn hot?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird His wife was going to do that after he passed. I used to make copies for him, now I secretly wish I made two sets. I havnt seen his wife for years. She used to come hang out on Yahoo voice chat with me and some guitar playing friends after he passed. She sent out his work but I didnt hear if it was published.
I remember how years after the pilot got stuck in the past, he was with two guys from his wifes tribe. Their lives had been previously featured in depth. The story took place in the sierras, and he saw that the Indians had quite a bit of gold that they did use for jewelry, but didnt value like we do. He asked to be taken to where they found it, so two guys took him on a journey. They were in a deep ravine, and there was plenty of gold which he was collecting, when all of a sudden, a severe rain storm hits, then it go through a very emotional scene where his brother in law, is swept away by the flood, due to the pilot staying too long after being warned. There was remorse and guilt.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I think it could have been a great read!

Shame how life takes over and we can't accomplish the things that we wish we could.

Even to just leave them to the next generations.

To your friend, Paul

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I decided to formulate a chicken dinner tonight, similar to Chicken Ala King. I just got back from the store with all the ingredients. It will be chicken breasts browned then cooked in a leek soup base, with lots of fresh sauteed mushrooms, onion, celery, carrot and peas, and 1/2 and 1/2, served over noodles, and a butter leaf salad on the side.

I got two surprise visits. Last night my younger son came , and hung out and picked all kinds of garden herbs
Today by older son came by with his girlfriend, and cooked their tofu lunch here. He cleaned up after himself. He made a beeline for the cherry tomato plants like he used to when he was a kid

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird Thank You!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident
Just wondering, what happened to Jacygirl?

Just got online. I am so sorry that no one answered your question earlier, but we have had stalkers in the past and it's hard to trust people, especially when you just asked about one person and didn't say hello to anyone or anything. We don't know where our dear Jacy is, but we have dragon search parties out looking for her. Once in a while we'll leave donuts hoping that will lure her back.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hi everyone...I'm just drinking beer with my Ram

:cheers

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
Discussion of an ATS meeting close to me! Anyone coming? I hope to.

Since you are in New York, you are the probably the closest ATS member living near me, but I have no way to travel to New York or anywhere and With my pain, I never know how bad it will be. Kind of hard to plan things. Who is discussing this and who is going? Will it be in New York?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident
Just wondering, what happened to Jacygirl?

Why would you ask about Jacy?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krypto1

Hi Krypto! Nice ram ya got there! How are you tonight?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I wanted to know why he/she mentioned just one person too. How are you tonight Gorgeous lady?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Have a bit of a crying headache, been a rough day, but shoulders back, chin up and will breathe in the fresh country air tonight with an alfresco dinner.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Krypto1

Hi Krypto! Nice ram ya got there! How are you tonight?

Fine ...just cooling down

Thanks for asking

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join