It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Safe Choice for No. 2 Frees Hillary Clinton’s Hand, Strategists Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Had Donald J. Trump chosen a woman or a minority as his vice-presidential candidate, Mrs. Clinton would have faced pressure from liberals to make her own bold choice. If Mr. Trump had picked a fiery raconteur like Newt Gingrich or Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, two of his finalists, the decision would have given Mrs. Clinton pause about putting a young fresh face on the debate stage this fall — rather than an attack dog, according to several Clinton campaign advisers. And if the Republican No. 2 was from a critical swing state, the electoral map might have loomed larger in her considerations.

Instead, Mr. Trump picked Gov. Mike Pence of Indiana — a button-down, deeply conservative white man from a Republican-leaning state whose record appeals strongly to his party’s base.

LINK

Once again, Trump's actions play right into Clinton's hands, making things easier for her. I see a great comedy film being made in the future about how Trump tried to throw the election at every turn. I know Trump supporters won't want to hear that, but the facts look awfully damning sometimes.

Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush on Monday intensified his attacks on front-runner Donald Trump, warning that the billionaire businessman’s bullying and insults were sabotaging the chances for a conservative to win the White House.

“The simple fact is Donald Trump would help Hillary Clinton get elected,” Mr. Bush, a former Florida governor, said on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends” program.

“He can’t insult his way to the presidency. I’m the only cant who really takes him on on this stuff,” he said.

LINK

At least there was one moment when Jeb Bush looked smart.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Keep holding on to those kind of thoughts. Thats all thats left of the left. Crossed fingers and false hopes.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I see a great comedy film being made in the future about how Trump tried to throw the election at every turn. I know Trump supporters won't want to hear that, but the facts look awfully damning sometimes.

It's like the exact opposite of Brewster's Millions.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Unless Trump's VP pick is going to erase Hilary's rap sheet it won't help her.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
"Frees Hillary's Hand"? Which one? The arthritic hand, or the one she slaps Bill with?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
"Frees Hillary's Hand"? Which one? The arthritic hand, or the one she slaps Bill with?

no, i think its the one she gets her hand-outs and funneling through the Clinton found. that hand must stay free at all time. ironically, its the same hand she uses when taking oaths.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Rap sheet. Ha ha ha ha

new topics

top topics

join