It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff David Clarke Crushes Don Lemon Over Hateful Black Lives Matter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I watched this last night and wished I had my time back. I thought they were both obnoxious.

I wouldn't call the Sheriff obnoxious, I would just call him a man who's likely fed up with the media and how they continue to pour gasoline on the BLM movement... I'm sure he's exhausted, frustrated, and angered seeing so many officers being attacked...

Did you notice how defensive Lemon was? I didn't even see the Sheriff going after him, but Lemon gets all defensive two or three times.

That's because Lemon has favorably reported on the BLM movement and what a wonderful job they're doing establishing Social Justice.

Take the suit of his back and the money out of his pocket and what do you have left over? Just a big brown turd.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Well, I ain't in your country. But I wish we had law enforcement officers in Aussie like Sheriff Clarke.

He had Lemon on the back foot with simplistic explanation. Lemon kept interjecting and cutting him off. Clarke remained composed and articulate and didn't deviate from his position.

Gosh I wish we had a man like that as Commissioner in one of our states or even Federal.

Don Lemon should've been sacked after this interview.

My thoughts from an outsider,

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: intrptr

BLM didn't murder any police

He said "the deaths of police officers", not "police officers murdered by BLM". Thank you, for exemplifying precisely one of the key points this thread is addressing. There is no better learning tool than a real-life example.

Point out the sheer ignorance of the left. They will omit or inject whatever they feel sounds good at the time

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

While I agree with his take on BLM, this interview was terrible, and it was all on the side of the Sheriff. This is the type of thing that "the other side" cites to portray those of us against this racially divisive movement as incoherent.

I would have gone to a different segment if I were the producer, and not to censor, but because this was pretty much a waste of air time.

I'm just calling it like I see it. Like I said, I'm sympathetic to his point, but not this interview.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Clarke for President!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
Honestly I think Sheriff Clarke should either become a full time political correspondent, or get back to his job in Milwaukee. His mug is all over Fox News discussing national politics so I don't know how he gets any work done back in Milwaukee County.

I live in his county. He is a dynamo and highly respected here for his vigor and honesty.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

His first question is, "Did they protest or have any riots over the deaths of police officers in Dallas or Baton Rouge?"

How the sheriff worded his first question hints at his mindset and is part of the problem that causes rifts in community. He has every right to be upset at the loss of life. Perhaps he is forgetting so does everybody else who has died *needlessly* at the hands of paid public servants.

Did the police union of America have any protest or riots over the deaths of police officers...? Did the police organize any peaceful marches bringing together the community after these incidents? Did the police reach out to the American public after the senseless killing of twelve year old Tamir Rice and the murder and framing of Walter Scott, or Eric Garner and others...?

He proceeds to give Don Lemon a beat down on how the media is fueling this anti police rhetoric and massive divide between races now apparent in America.

Hasn't there always been a massive divide between races in America...? All of the sudden its the media's fault? The police culture in America has to take some responsibility for the negative backlash. Needless police brutality, harassment, and cases of police misconduct by a minority of cops caught on tape, and nothing being done to lessen it in the future, is fuelling the anti-police rhetoric and division in race. Cases like this:

POLICE BRUTALITY - Virginia Cops Pepper Spray & Taser Man Suffering From A Stroke

Cop Shoots Man Reaching For Drivers License after being asked for it

There are literally thousands of videos like this media has never shed light on. Has it ever occurred to you that most people (who are angry and speaking up) base their views on real life experiences and not because of the media...?

Is that kind of like saying that not all Nazi's were bad it was just a few bad apples that ruined the bunch???

Most police are good people with pure intentions just like most people in the BLM movement are good people with pure intentions. Let's not paint everybody with one brush. The sheriff needs to be reminded of that, along with yourself, and let go of personal bias and anger.

I like when he says, "there is only 1 group of people in this country who cares about black people in this country and it's law enforcement officers who go out into these neighborhoods and protect them"

I never thought about it like that.

Is he implying that nobody else in America cares about the Black demographic and therefore the system is set up against Blacks...? If so, what does that say about the racial division being solely perpetuated by media you alluded to? Why do YOU like the reason he stated that?

Most officers care about EVERYBODY. Then there are some who are only doing it for a pay-cheque.
edit on 19-7-2016 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
BLM certainly isn't helping when it comes to the rhetoric that is flying all over the mainstream and social media.

However before the police get out their violins and start complaining about all the crap they get. They have to remember that the atmosphere present is one THEY CREATED.

It falls under reaping what you sow. I certainly don't condone violence in either direction.

However taking responsibility for and acknowledging their share of the events that got us to this point is something that needs to be done. You can't fix a problem if you don't know what went wrong. Police, by and large, still like to deflect and marginalize these issues. Not just when it comes to the black community but the public as a whole.

The police are NOT routinely brutalizing black males. There is NOT a 'war on blacks' by police. This whole narrative is false, based on a tiny handful of mis-reported incidents (Trayvon assaulted George, Garner resisted arrest, Michael Brown did NOT have his hands up trying to surrender).
The media push this narrative to get more readers/viewers. The democrats promote this to keep blacks angry so they will be more likely to vote.
The police (of all races) are using unbelievable restraint every day dealing with the criminal element (of all races).

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So basically that Cnn anchor didn't want to talk TRUTH.

Only AGENDA.

Prime example of why I don't watch CNN.

The Sheriff rocked.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Prolific clip. Don Lemon is such a pansy. He looks like he is going to cry. CNN is trash, I love watching the major news networks ratings fall every year. Look how difficult it was for him to deal with someone that doesn't just go along with his propaganda.

What kind of garbage human being would refuse to denounce the death of innocent cops?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I agree that his perspective may be a clouded by emotion at the moment, but I believe this man knows more about this than any of us...

So we should listen, perhaps not always agree, but listen.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Wow! Sheriff Clarke is the man! Make this guy AG!

I can't wait to hear him at the RNC!
His first question is, "Did they protest or have any riots over the deaths of police officers in Dallas or Baton Rouge?"

He proceeds to give Don Lemon a beat down on how the media is fueling this anti police rhetoric and massive divide between races now apparent in America.

Amazing.

Thanks for sharing this!

Don Lemon's demeanor and smugness at the end, trying to make Sheriff Clarke look like he was having a "tough time" spoke volumes.

Don't agree with the Clinton News Network's talking points? We will just try and make you appear weak.

Ridiculous!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Not really his perspective, just his tactic. His overbearing and relatively random approach to that interview discredited it from being either informative or helpful in bridging the divide.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: MisterSpock

I think a lot of the schism between the police and the community comes from the enforcement of drug and traffic policy.

really?....would you rather be white or black, when a cop pulls you over late at night?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

There are literally thousands of videos like this media has never shed light on. Has it ever occurred to you that most people (who are angry and speaking up) base their views on real life experiences and not because of the media...

Really? Literally thousands? How do you know? And how do all these "most people" know if the media doesn't shed light on them? Do they have access to whatever secret-source you apparently have access to?

Personally I feel that there is injustice and racism to an unfair degree against black people in particular, but it's also felt by other races. I also feel that additional encounters with black people can lead to more incidents, it only makes sense. Also think police today are overwhelmed and undertrained, and some are actually scared in some encounters, and make poor decisions as a result. I think this is being blown out of proportion, and the media is not helping. Not all deaths of blacks by the hands of police is due to racism or "thuggery," it's sometimes just stupidity or lack of training. Sometimes however, it's people feeling they don't need to show respect towards police, and instead show disdain, and it escalates these encounters.

There is a lot of blame to go around, and it is not remotely as black and white as some folks make it.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It took me awhile to get around to this thread...when I thought there was nothing that could cause me to dis-like Don Lemon any more than I already do......BAM! here it is.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I see and hear the word narrative too much from all sides, what I'd like to see and hear is TRUTH no matter how wrong or right it might be, the politicising of wording to cover up crap simply disturbs me, I hear it daily from the useless people we call politicians and I appreciate that some situations need handling delicately but with issues like this its in need of a long hard bit of cold hard truth. Sheriff Clarke repeatedly tried in the first interview to say that black males are responsible for a worrying number of crimes but the shill reporter wanted to toe the network line, thankfully you got to hear the man tell the truth in the second video and tell it good and hard he did. People in the states need to fix the main problem that is rampant crime, that is not to say ignore Police brutality but to look at the real numbers and address what needs fixing first rather than pretending that Black crime is not a MAJOR issue.

People should get behind Sheriff Clarke, he's a drop of sanity in an insane situation...The man is a true American...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

"CNN anchors need to do a better job of listening when African Americans talk"

Excellent quite. Too bad no one will hear this.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

BLM didn't murder any police.

BLM? It means Black lives murder. You haven't been paying attention?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Literally no matter how many times you repeat it, it still won't be true. NO. BLM did not kill cops, neither did the ideaology. The party you are looking for is the African American Defense League. THAT is who radicalized the Dallas shooter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join