It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

“I put lipstick on a pig” --Tony Schwartz, Co-Author of 'The Art of the Deal'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:15 PM
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Yes, sir, I would vote for a General, the right one!

General George Washington. Yes!!!!

General Andrew Jackson. Nah.

General Harrison. Maybe

General Zachary Taylor. Nah.

General Franklin Pierce. No.

General Andrew Johnson.

General Ulysses Grant. Sounds good, but, no.

General Rutherford Hayes. Hmmmm, yes.

General James Garfield. Maybe.

General C. A. Arthur. No.

General Ben Harrison. No.

General Eisenhower. I Like Ike!!

You know, cav, I think you hit the nail on the head about Trump, when you said, "he's out of touch with politics".
Politics is about the ability to govern a city, a county, a state, a nation. The further up you go, the more complex it is. AND, there's that old saying, “The higher the monkey climbs the tree, the more of his butt you’ll see.” I don't think Trump wants us to see his butt..... Oh, God, quick, I need brain bleach!.... Heck, personally I wouldn't even care to run for Garden Club pres.

Until I listed them, I hadn't realized just how many generals we have had as POTUS. And not all were as great as on the field of battle. Must not be a correlation. Well, thanks for your post that lead me to this idea.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:32 PM
a reply to: desert

I really liked Norman he was a great commander for me,we won. but I VERY much doubt he would run because of THIS sort of journalistic OUTRAGE at talking crap.
I frankly DON'T CARE ABOUT talking crap it happens all the TIME ,JUST not from presidential candidates.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:41 PM
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Stormin' Norman! I loved the guy when he spoke on tv, very intelligent and knowledgeable. Yes, he was a great commander and a good man. I think he was approached to run but declined.

God, how politics has changed over the years. We focus way to much on the personal and not the policies. Our media became one big People magazine. Somehow we assume that skeletons in the closet need to be drug out. I could care less about who f's who in the White House, as long as that person doesn't f the country.

Some of this airing out is because of the dirty nature of politics. I am old enough to remember the 1972 POTUS campaign when Thomas Eagleton was the VP pick but withdrew when it was found out that he suffered from depression. And the campaign of Ed Muskie ended when he was accused of crying during a speech. This crap goes way back even further.

....and I remember GW Bush was sold to the public as someone who you could have a beer with in your backyard or who would stop and change your flat tire. Turned out he probably was a dry drunk and rather than stop and fix your tire he probably would have driven by your sorry butt because you weren't a "have more".

What is different about Trump is that I think he benefits from the personal but it is also his political downfall. As I've said before, he built his success on marketing and sales, marketing and selling HIMSELF based on ILLUSIONS. Now he is trying to transfer that sales technique to running for and becoming POTUS. And people want MORE ILLUSSION in govt? Trump has no clue about the work of POTUS, or for that matter ANY elected office!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:50 PM
a reply to: desert

“The higher the monkey climbs the tree, the more of his butt you’ll see.”

ACK! My eyes, my eyes!!!!

edit on 8/6/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:24 PM
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Here, put down the fish, and I'll throw water at your eyes.... oops, sorry, that was my glass of moscato... yes, it is quite refreshing and tasty.... Ok, now I'll read to you from "The Art of The Squeal".... ahem.... "and Trump said that 'the jobs numbers are not good, not good. I'll bring back so many jobs, you'll see. There will be so many new jobs, so many new jobs, that you'll be bored with the new jobs', he roared, 'so many new jobs that I'll have to tear down that wall and rubber stamp H1-B visas and let people in to fill those jobs! Now that's winning!' "

.... oh, here, I found my bottle of Hog Wash. There. Is that better?.... I used to know a family that traveled almost 200 miles one way to get shampoo for their show steer. Now, that last part is true.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:30 AM
Dear God, as an American, I was sickened by Trump on the Commander-In-Chief Forum! He acted like he was participating in a Dictator-In-Chief Forum.... what a DIC!

Reality for him is what he creates in his head..... "body language" of the security professionals, "a great mental health division", "leave a certain group" to take oil. He is an insane dictator, which has worked for him in his business life.

Anyway, Twitter page for Tony Schwartz. It has his current comments on Trump.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:47 PM
So, we have Tony Schwartz who claims to know Trump intimately and warns us against him. On the other side we have Dick Morris who claims to know Hillary intimately and warns us against her. America will decide Nov. 8th.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:49 PM

originally posted by: desert

Anyway, Twitter page for Tony Schwartz. It has his current comments on Trump.

Twitter page for Dick Morris. It has his current comments on Hillary.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:51 PM
a reply to: Olivine

“I put lipstick on a pig”

Sounds like a line from David Cameron's autobiography if ever there was one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>