It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“I put lipstick on a pig” --Tony Schwartz, Co-Author of 'The Art of the Deal'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

But the discussion was soon hobbled by what Schwartz regards as one of Trump’s most essential characteristics: “He has no attention span.”

He regards Trump’s inability to concentrate as alarming in a Presidential candidate. “If he had to be briefed on a crisis in the Situation Room, it’s impossible to imagine him paying attention over a long period of time,” he said.

Even when Schwartz pressed him, Trump seemed to remember almost nothing of his youth, and made it clear that he was bored. Far more quickly than Schwartz had expected, Trump ended the meeting.

I'm not worried abut Trump being ready on Day One. I'm worried about him being ready on Day Two, Day Three, Day Four...

And how long would it take until he's bored of the job and decides he no longer wants to actually have the job he loved running for? The chase is better than the catch.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Olivine

I do not believe Trump is going to nuke anyone. That's sensationalistic nonsense.

I do not agree, Trump does not engage his brain before he opens his mouth, who is to say he will engage it before he pushes the button. As a veteran, Trump is scary.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I can't find the article I was reading, but it was reported yesterday, that Trump's largest demographic was "less than college educated white males", is anyone surprised.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

From observation, I wonder if this demographic can be split into two groups, white nationalists (ala David Duke followers) of any age and men in their 40s and 50s not necessarily white supremacists but angry over their personal economy.

It is despicable to cater to the first subgroup, which Trump does, but the needs of the second subgroup need to be addressed. The 40,50 year olds spent their formative years in an economy where their fathers could have a great job w/o college ed, and they themselves probably started out in a good job which either no longer exists or has wages been forced to stagnate at best or be lowered at worst. When their jobs were out/in sourced, they could only turn to other employment at drastically lower wages and little/no benefits.

They buy into Trump's boasting of how he will not allow corporations to leave or how he will bring back their old jobs. It is Trump's delusions of grandeur with its authoritarian boasting they buy into. What they don't realize is that it's all bs.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I had a laugh when I saw that Trump's reaction to the length of his speech was another self-deluding lie, hopeful that others believe him. He said that the speech was so long, because people kept cheering.

I listened to all of it, and that was just not true. He is not a public speaker, and the only way for him to read a written speech on teleprompter was to slow down (abnormally slow even for public speaking) and control his shouting. He had to continually snort/gasp for air, and towards the end he exhibited low energy as he fought to get the speech over with.

But he had to lie again for his self-image and to believe that the public believes his lies.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

[ ... ] he said. “I do worry that with the nuclear codes, he would end civilization as we know it.”

I've stated this numerous times over the last year on ATS. It's very clear to me this guy is not nearly as bright as most people imagine, and he has no real empathy or capacity to discern right from wrong.

Having his hand hover over that big red button is the only thing I'm genuinely frightened of in the coming years. It's a nightmare of a situation.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I read half a dozen articles now and then went through this guy's twitter feed

?

Does he have any real objections or is he just crying for attention, maybe to get some easy publicity for his company? Does he stand for anything?

More opinionated garbage with no objective basis to manipulate people. Liberal voters will eat this up.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

Read again. His objections are very, very clear.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Read again. His objections are very, very clear.

Hm, nope. I've read half a dozens articles already and looked over his twitter feed.

What "clear objections" are you referring to?
edit on 23-7-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I think that when people say that Trump would never use nuclear weapons, they are thinking of Hiroshima and strategic nuclear weapons. During the Cold War, there was a strategy of Mutually Assured Destruction that kept nations from employing strategic nuclear weapons. I would hope that Trump would never use strategic nuclear weapons, but I am not so sure that, given the right persuasion from people around him, he would not use such weapons. We just have to remember John McCain's "Bomb bomb bomb Iran".

Apart from strategic nuclear weapons are tactical nuclear weapons, smaller nuclear weapons for use on a battlefield or.....
I think that Trump, as Commander-In-Chief, could very well be talked into allowing use of this type of weapon. Trump? Think Twice.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

1. Pathological liar

2. Extreme Narcissist

3. Incapacity to focus

These are repeated over and over again with many examples that were written decades prior. Furthermore, this man is set for cash, and has no need for attention. He makes it clear he was on the fence for a year of coming forward with his real thoughts on Trump, but in the end his conscience won out.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Agreed. Trump as Commander-in-Chief is horrifying.

His lack of nuance is staggering.
Not every problem that our country needs to confront is simple, and cannot be adequately addressed in a 4th-grade education-level soundbite.

Trump and Clinton will receive their first intelligence briefings once the DNC concludes. I don't often feel sympathy for our intelligence agencies, but in this case, they are in a quandry. How much do you share with Trump; a candidate with no filter, nuance, and total unknowns for security advisors? And then there is Clinton, who is careless, at best, with classified info.

According to this Reuters article both candidates will receive the same, general briefing.

Eight senior security officials told Reuters they had concerns over briefing Trump, whose brash, unpredictable campaign style has been a feature of his rise as an insurgent candidate. Despite their worries, the officials said the "Top Secret" briefing to each candidate would not deviate from the usual format to avoid any appearance of bias.

In this interview with a former CIA deputy director, Obama will guide the intelligence agencies on how detailed their briefings will be.

Both the Pentagon and national intelligence agencies have concerns about Trump.

From a February interview with Bill Maher ,retired Air Force Gen. Michael Hayden, who served as head of the CIA and the National Security Agency under President George W. Bush :

“I would be incredibly concerned if a President Trump governed in a way that was consistent with the language that candidate Trump expressed during the campaign”.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

1. Pathological liar

2. Extreme Narcissist

3. Incapacity to focus

These are repeated over and over again with many examples that were written decades prior. Furthermore, this man is set for cash, and has no need for attention. He makes it clear he was on the fence for a year of coming forward with his real thoughts on Trump, but in the end his conscience won out.

Hm, same crap being said about Hillary as well over the last year from multiple people. No stance being taken, no objective commentary on the issues, and nothing more than "wah I don't like this person"

Don't you get tired of being manipulated? It's quite easy to find straight forward information about the candidates. Both have been in the public spot light for decades. You've no excuse to just blindly listen to people and then unquestionably adopt their opinions.

Yet, you will anyway because it fits the narrative you've been fed.
edit on 23-7-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Easy fix. Clinton gets new server. Trump gets personality and brain transplant.

originally posted by: VivreLibre
Hm, same crap being said about Hillary as well over the last year from multiple people.

Because that is typical campaign propaganda. The GOP was fairly sure she would be the nominee. One shout into an echo chamber.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Wells at least we know you're a liar and have no real interest in the truth.

Good to know I can ignore everything you say from now on.

Thanks for letting us see your true colors.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Everyone,

I am unfortunate enough to work with 2 people that have personalities like Trump. Like others have said, they are selfish narcissists.

The two people I know are extremely bright people, but have burned so many bridges that they are stuck in middle management because the upper managers have figured out that they have toxic personalities. One of these two people I am referring to is one bad move away from being fired; this person is disliked from top to bottom and is contained whenever possible.

Trump, like the two people I am referencing, have what is called asocial tendencies. Their thought process is so self absorbed that they are incapable of understanding how their actions impact others around them. In addition, these people do not like stress or being put on the spot. For them, it is extremely uncomfortable and they tend to lash out at others when this occurs. Also, these people are not good with details. Details bore them and are handled by people around them. Also, due to the inability to process details, they hate being accountable and will do their best to make sure someone else takes the fall for their lack of attentiveness.

There is no way in hell this type of person can be in a position of leadership. These folks are good in sales and serve very little in other leadership capacities. A person who lacks this kind of depth is not fit to be the leader of the free world.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Thank you thank you thank you for sharing!

There are many people in leadership positions who have my great respect. Leaders do need to have a strong self assurance about them, and I think that one would need to have the "strongest ego" to have the job as POTUS. But leadership is more than continually projecting power, for one thing because projections of power may just be cover for a weak ego.

A good leader does need to have "understanding how their actions impact others around them", especially as the world becomes more complex. I think you hit the nail on the head with

These folks are good in sales and serve very little in other leadership capacities

Donald Trump's life has been about sales and marketing himself. That's fine. The ghost writer of The Art of the Deal had no qualms about him before, because Trump was always in business marketing himself and sales ideas but had not crossed the line into actually being a candidate for POTUS.

We need a Commander-In-Chief, not a Marketer-In-Chief.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
One last thing before I am AFK and AF television for the upcoming convention week, due to a prior commitment.... of all times!

just shaking my head at another made up story by The Donald. He sure can think fast on his feet to come up with a lie (a trait of a compulsive liar). When asked post convention about the picture he had brought up about Cruz/Oswald, he dismisses it with something like, "Oh, that picture of them having breakfast?" He doesn't even remember what the picture looked like!

One would think that if it had been that important for him to bring it up to force Cruz to finally quit, if it was that big of a bombshell, then he would remember it. I seriously wonder again if he has the symptoms of the early stage of Altzheimers. His father died from it, and he has confused recall. I remember Ronald Reagan.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Well, I've been back with the media, and it seems like The Donald hasn't let up on his shtick. He's still "communicating feelings of fear and uncertainty". I think Mr. Schwartz needs to write another book about candidate Trump, maybe title it, "The Art of The Squeal".

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I would hate to hear what I WOULD say running for office,I'VE never done it before.
NEITHER has Trump,his qualifications are: he's a businessman( NOT A Lamaz instructor) he 's out of touch with politics.
WELL lets see how one of THESE does next: A general.
I joke about killing people or hostages all the time it lightens the mood,DO I CARE?

No ...I won't run for anything....or from it really...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join