It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“I put lipstick on a pig” --Tony Schwartz, Co-Author of 'The Art of the Deal'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Olivine

I do not believe Trump is going to nuke anyone. That's sensationalistic nonsense.

I agree. That is sensationalistic. I do believe he will quite happily take over the title of the worst president in history. Zachary Taylor, of the Whig Party has been bearing that since the mid 1800's. Read up on that ex-president and notice that Trump is damn near his exact clone!
edit on 7 18 2016 by CynConcepts because: Spelling

Edit add: It is amazing how life and times cycle. Enough time has gone by...generations...we tend to repeat past mistakes.
edit on 7 18 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I do not believe Trump is going to nuke anyone. That's sensationalistic nonsense.

Maybe so.
I'd like to believe that Trump isn't the same narcississtic person he was 30 years ago when Schwartz got to know him.
But what I hear come out of his mouth tells me nothing has changed.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This part was darkly humorous

Trump describes his father as having been born in New Jersey to Swedish parents; in fact, he was born in the Bronx to German parents. (Decades later, Trump spread falsehoods about Obama’s origins, claiming it was possible that the President was born in Africa.)

Now I can see part of the fascination with this man. In this day and age of irrationality and no intellectual compass, I have heard/read, and read here on ATS, people say about themselves what is observed of Trump

Trump has the ability to convince himself that whatever he is saying at any given moment is true, or sort of true, or at least ought to be true.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Claiming to have been born in Jersey, and to Swedes no less, is self depreciating.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Bolding emphasis mine.

Read it... want my 12 minutes back. I'm unmoved and will be voting for Trump regardless. As I've said in the past, if Trump is genuine, his presidency will be a great thing as I agree with pretty much all of his points. If, however, he's pulling the wool, that's OK, too because it moves us one step closer to torching this whole mess and starting anew.

That is scary! I do not believe it has to be completely destroyed to create change! Time to recycle the old to create new, yes. No torch should be necessary.

But it does need the torch too. The torch is for punishment.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What?!?! How so?
Are Swedes considered lowly or undesirable? I've never heard such...that is just plain weird.
edit on 7/18/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You'd have to be a non-Swedish Scandanavian to understand.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

burdman, that was sooooo funny! I got a laugh out of that one. Lord knows it's good to have a laugh these days.... or any day. I forgot what a sense of humor you have. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

No. No punishment. It is not good to start a new nation with a bout of sadism. OTOH maybe that's how the GOP intends to unify the country. Interesting.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Now I can see part of the fascination with this man. In this day and age of irrationality and no intellectual compass, I have heard/read, and read here on ATS, people say about themselves what is observed of Trump

Trump has the ability to convince himself that whatever he is saying at any given moment is true, or sort of true, or at least ought to be true.

I was married to a man with the same ability for 13 years. He was my high school crush and I was absolutely smitten with him. It took me literally years to understand that he truly believed everything he said. He was so convincing I doubted myself over him, even when I knew (fill in the blank) that he said was false and everyone else knew it was false. When somebody has hat much conviction, you can actually blame yourself for not understanding, instead of standing up for the actual facts.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gwynnhwyfar

So well put! Especially your last sentence. So very, very true. .... that is manipulation of a high (dis)order!
Sorry you had to go through that, but what a good feeling to be away from that and aware it wasn't YOU.

I really sense a difference today in how people reason. We used to value reason and thinking critically, but it seems, I hate to say it, but young people who say that "truth" is whatever they say it to be. Maybe they confuse opinion with facts. Maybe it's lazy thinking. I don't know.

It's an attitude of the person never needing to prove anything, because people are free to believe whatever they want. A person can spout gibberish and it's your problem if you don't believe what is spouted. Maybe someone like that is not bothered by Trump's behavior.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

No. No punishment. It is not good to start a new nation with a bout of sadism. OTOH maybe that's how the GOP intends to unify the country. Interesting.

I love it. You speak of unification while you are dividing. This is why punishment is a fitting part of our future. My earlier statement stands.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gwynnhwyfar

Yep.

Verbal manipulation of the highest order.

Narcissists are masters at that particular tactic. Part of the reason why they're so good at it is that they actually believe what they're saying... the author of this write-up hit the nail on the head with regards to that particular behaviour with narcissists such as Trump and others like him:

It's a common trait amidst these type of people.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: desert
It truly is very confusing when you are on the receiving end. For those who havent been involved with this personality type, it is extremely hard to recognize, when you arent familiar with it, and takes time to recognize.

As CranialSponge said, a common trait for certain personality types.

My concern is that this personality type is currently in progress of manipulating our entire nation.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
What a joke our elections have become! We choose our candidates and cheer them like they are our favorite football team. Meanwhile, behind closed doors they are drinking their martinis, smoking their cigars and making deals with each other and with the lobbyists who work for the real power in this country. It's a dog and pony show. Trump supporters seem to forget that walls will keep people in just as easily as they keep people out. He will turn this country into a police state, more so than it already is. And Hillary is a murderous, greedy, criminal thug b!tch with a rapist, pedophile, predator husband. Boy are we in trouble! Just remember, voting for either of these clowns is consent.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

If Trump's speeches turn you off, but you like what he says in his books, you should vote for his ghost writers, not him.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I definitely don't like what comes out of his orange mouth now, or in his book.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
So what are you and this guy saying? That he is the epitome of a great lot of people. Must be why a great many people like Trump he speaks to something in there nature to them about themselves. Oh! and also, generally saying what people want to hear gets you very popular, very fast. I mean I really dont know who would be worse him or Hilary. And they just may be the best candidates out there. I suppose we will find out.

I would not worry the time for change has passed. And soon will come the winter of our discontent you know. Then death, or at least with the barbarians at the gates, usually this play ends on that note eventually. So considering all things, it is as it should be. You all have thrown your pearls before swine, and one day you must pay for that, so choose well for it will have a lasting effect on many a generations even from now. And that is true on all things in life I suppose.

But till that day comes, hilarities a plenty. Have not watched any of this in a while. But is he ie Trump still saying wacky and silly things. Generally all you have to do is say 9-11 and people would get behind you, but this guy cant even get that right, what was it 7-11 he said in one of his speeches, seems so simple yet he could not even get that right.

Reminds me of this family guy spoof when Luis ran for mayor.

Oh boy! Now if all others would stop listening to there legions of writers and PR teams, and saying what they really think. This whole dog and pony show would be much more entertaining, and lols a plenty But alas! Not many are so full of themselves and deluded to completely believe the bull# that comes out of there mouths.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Exactly. Maybe this one of the reasons those who have had intimate experience with this type of personality just cringe at the thought of this person becoming president and what those who haven't had that kind of experience or maybe just haven't noticed that they have will never get it.
edit on 7/19/2016 by ~Lucidity because: typo

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
.... those who haven't had that kind of experience or maybe just haven't noticed that they have will never get it.

Speaking as someone who until recently fit this category, I have to say it is important to get the message out there. Personally, I was made aware of this by a good friend, who had to live with a mother suffering from this type of personality. The mother could even fool some psychiatrists/psychologists into believing all was right with her, it was her children who were wrong.

And people will enable the person to get away with lying. The system built up around Trump enable him. For ex, at the convention last night a speaker gave an emotionally charged but factually inaccurate speech. A commentator (who should know better, since he had to deal with Sarah Palin) said of the speech, that it was a "dramatization of grief". That is what we now call a speech riddled with inaccuracies seen as facts by supporters. He knew it was not true, but he had to not upset Trump supporters.

People who have been waiting for Trump to change, to walk back, to tact differently, etc., it ain't gonna happen.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join