It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“I put lipstick on a pig” --Tony Schwartz, Co-Author of 'The Art of the Deal'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Tony Schwartz spent 18 months beginning in 1985 getting to know Donald Trump. Now he feels remorse for where Trump is today.

“You know, it’s a terrifying thing. I haven’t slept a night through since Donald Trump announced for president because I believe he is so insecure, so easily provoked and not — not particularly — nearly as smart as people might imagine he is,” he said. “I do worry that with the nuclear codes, he would end civilization as we know it.”

He continued, “This is a man who has more sociopathic tendencies than any candidate in my adult life that I’ve observed.”

ABCnews

Ouch!!!

The entire article was published this morning by The NewYorker magazine

Trumps response, a threat.

He owes a lot to me. I helped him when he didn’t have two cents in his pocket. It’s great disloyalty. I guess he thinks it’s good for him — but he’ll find out it’s not good for him.”

edit on 7/18/2016 by Olivine because: title html codes don't work

edit on 7/18/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Anyone who wants to vote for Trump needs to read this article, and also realize that it wasn't out for more than a few hours before Donald threatened the writer...

www.newyorker.com...

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wow. So, all the things I've felt about Trump are right there. Egomaniacal, a liar, he has the attention span of a gnat(this must be why he loves the twitter), and he is definitely not a reader. Basically Trump is driven by power and money; those are the only things that matter to him.

A few more quotes from this truly eye-opening interview:

“One of the most deep and basic needs he has is to prove that ‘I’m richer than you.’ ”

Lying is second nature to him,” Schwartz said. “More than anyone else I have ever met, Trump has the ability to convince himself that whatever he is saying at any given moment is true, or sort of true, or at least ought to be true.”

And finally this warning:

If Trump is elected President, he warned, “the millions of people who voted for him and believe that he represents their interests will learn what anyone who deals closely with him already knows—that he couldn’t care less about them.”

Trump voters, read this article. This man, Tony Schwartz, doesn't have an agenda, he has a conscience.

edit on 7/18/2016 by Olivine because: clarity

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I've read it. It's not that good of a business book anyways.

It does not give really, any inside information, it's not that interesting in a Biography sort of way. It's just a bland book. Shouldn't be on anyone's top ten list.

There's some great chapters dealing with Trump in several other business books that sort of show him in that arrogant self serving light. The most recent one was Shark Tales by Barbara Corcharan.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

But did you read this New Yorker article?

It will take only 15 minutes, or less of your time.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
a reply to: amazing

But did you read this New Yorker article?

It will take only 15 minutes, or less of your time.

Yep. Was excerpts from that earlier.
edit on 18-7-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
"but he’ll find out it’s not good for him.”..... this is Richard Nixon all over again. What's different this time is that voters found out about Nixon's personal demons after they voted, while voters are being confronted with Trump's personality before. I wonder who Trump's Bebe Rebozo is..... or are?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I read it this morning. I really found his fear of Trump's impatience to sit still and listen or discuss even his own life concerning. If Schwartz is right, Trump really has a limited attention span and that could be disastrous for our country!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I agree, absolutely frightening.
This is only one man's opinion, but Mr. Schwartz had access to know Trump the way none of us ever will, and he has nothing to gain from this. Trump obviously has more power, and will no doubt make it his mission to destroy Tony Schwartz.
edit on 7/18/2016 by Olivine because: spelling flub

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I''ve brought up Nixon before, in other threads, in regards to his paranoia and "enemies list". The thing with Nixon, he wanted to make government service his life's work, and being POTUS is service to the people. He loved America. He had ideas about governing the USA. He understood what it meant to be POTUS. Trump? Trump loves and understands Trump.

In “The Art of the Deal,” Trump describes Roy Cohn, his personal lawyer, in the warmest terms, calling him “the sort of guy who’d be there at your hospital bed . . . literally standing by you to the death.” Cohn, who in the fifties assisted Senator Joseph McCarthy in his vicious crusade against Communism, was closeted. He felt abandoned by Trump when he became fatally ill from AIDS, and said, “Donald pisses ice water.” Schwartz says of Trump, “He’d like people when they were helpful, and turn on them when they weren’t. It wasn’t personal. He’s a transactional man—it was all about what you could do for him.

A sickening read.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

He also is having the opportunity to get a big payout from badmouthing him.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

It really is.

What's scary for me is that I know someone like this in real life. I've walked the blade of that knife my entire life and, so, I damn sure can't vote for someone like that to be POTUS. And can't vote for HC either.

edit on 7/18/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Interesting idea. Who do you think could be offering him money for doing this?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
so, basically he`s no different than any other politician.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
so, basically he`s no different than any other politician.

The scary part is that other politicians lie to keep their status quo. Trump has no longterm interest in anything but himself. He loses interests too quickly and doesn't seem to care if he has good or bad publicity...he just wants PUBLICITY! That is extremely concerning.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Read it... want my 12 minutes back. I'm unmoved and will be voting for Trump regardless. As I've said in the past, if Trump is genuine, his presidency will be a great thing as I agree with pretty much all of his points. If, however, he's pulling the wool, that's OK, too because it moves us one step closer to torching this whole mess and starting anew.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Wow.

If this is the best propaganda they were able to muster for opening day of the convention, Trump has far fewer skeletons in his closet than I imagined.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Bolding emphasis mine.

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Read it... want my 12 minutes back. I'm unmoved and will be voting for Trump regardless. As I've said in the past, if Trump is genuine, his presidency will be a great thing as I agree with pretty much all of his points. If, however, he's pulling the wool, that's OK, too because it moves us one step closer to torching this whole mess and starting anew.

That is scary! I do not believe it has to be completely destroyed to create change! Time to recycle the old to create new, yes. No torch should be necessary.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
If, however, he's pulling the wool, that's OK, too because it moves us one step closer to torching this whole mess and starting anew.

Thanks for giving it a read burdman, but please, don't be so quick to 'torch this whole mess'.
With a petulant President Trump at the helm, that could be a literal torch of the nuclear variety...I want you, me, all of us, to have a future.

Just wanted to add:
I'm liberal, but there is no way in hell I will be voting for Hillary. Nor Trump. They are both completely unacceptable. I don't care that the majority of my fellow Americans favor them. I'll throw my vote to a 3rd, 4th or 5th party candidate.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I do not believe Trump is going to nuke anyone. That's sensationalistic nonsense.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join