It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : More than 20 people injured by axeman on German train

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

An axe-man who stormed a passenger train and hacked at terrified passengers while shouting "Allahu Akbar" has been identified as a 17-year-old Afghan who entered Germany as a lone refugee.

Wow, who could have seen this coming... said no one, ever.

So, when will innocent lives start to take a higher precedence than offended feelings and nations finally stand up to this crap by taking the most logical and prudent first step of shuttering their borders?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Well, yah but I acknowledge that its all relative.

Last weekend alone in Chicago, 52 people were shot and 7 were killed.

If some guy showed up with an axe in Chi-town, he'd probably get laughed at but not before being slapped around.

edit on 18-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't want to come off awfully cold but it really takes some skill to be able to successfully injure 20 people with an axe like that. An axe is not like a knife, it's cumbersome and if in a crowd it would be fairly easy for people to disarm someone with an axe. Not saying this because I'm impressed but I almost find it surprising that he could manage to hurt that many people.

Awful.. I can't help but think that if people don't have guns they'll just use an axe or a knife or even drive a truck into a mass of people. It's a shame that so many Europeans are brainwashed about guns, most of them have never even heard the counter arguments because it isn't a discussion at all in Europe. Their opinions are more or less conditioned "knee jerk opinions". Guns have to be bad because guns are bad. Why else would we have banned them?

Sigh...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
dw.com

Bavarian Interior Ministry Joachim Hermann confirmed in a televised interview that the suspect was a 17-year-old Afghan refugee who arrived in Germany without his parents. He boarded the train in Ochsenfurt, where he had been staying with a foster family.
The teenager reportedly shouted "Allahu Akbar" before launching the attack using a knife and axe. He was shot dead by police in Heidingsfeld as he attempted to flee the scene. His motive was not immediately clear.

Wonder how the foster family feel, if they are still around and weren't hacked first. Apparently he tried to get some police before he tried unsuccessfully to run away.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
I don't want to come off awfully cold but it really takes some skill to be able to successfully injure 20 people with an axe like that.

Only (only!) four people were physically injured, the rest suffered from "shock".

The natural defensive reaction for most people is to shield themselves with their hands and arms, especially if they have no other means of defending themselves. With a group of people cowering in their seats rather than reacting - and I do not mean that in any pejorative way towards the victims, it would be terrible to be trapped in a small space with an axe-wielding nutjob - I'm surprised so few people were actually injured.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: thinline

really? Too soon.

So i guess il hold onto my Idea for Cars 3.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Why the conflicting reports...

Either way all immigrants in Europe should be exiled and all rapists should be castrated.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
He's shouting "Allahu Akbar" and police can't determine a motive?
He got lost while looking for firewood perhaps?
Good lord! The denial of the tenets of Islam run deep in Europe, don't they?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
a reply to: gortex
well better start banning axes then.

LoL beat me to it. Seriously though, that is awful. . . . . .yes, I actually am a human being . . . or, rather a "Good" human being.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Freedom is slavery, Hate is love, and the religion of war is the religion of peace, man. "Uncertain of his motives" simply means they haven't yet found a politically convenient scapegoat to blame to excuse the obvious reason for his violent actions.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This could have been a gun, but it wasn't. Probably because of Germany's gun laws. They are considered some of the strictest in the world.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Tell all that to the people in Nice. They got to see how nonlethal an attack carried out with something other than a gun wound up being.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Only two posts into this tragedy and someone trys to make it about gun control

What are you jealous they beat you to the punch?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Seeing the axe vs gun comments, I don't know about any of you, but I would take a bullet or 10 any day over being hacked up or beaten with a blunt object. Consider firearms humane. I have seen many crime scene photos and the most disgusting are usually of edged weapons or blunt objects. ewww

On topic. This is tragic and we all know the motive. I wish I could say I hope this doesn't happen again, but it seems we are in the beginning stages of all this mess.
edit on 18-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21

originally posted by: everyone

I wonder where all the "religion of peace" defenders are? Or are they starting to concede that the " He was a loner, a moderate muslim, a very bad one at that and was gay and confused and he felt oppressed" and my favorite "he did not really mean it you are all just racist's and biggots" crap does not work anymore?

Not sure how much more of this the public will tolerate before they say my God what have we done? This is really now beyond lone wolf. Here a wolf, there a wolf, everwhere a wolf wolf. They are all part of the same ideology and working for the same islam. They need to all...

Exactly, the lone wolf excuse is quickly losing steam and less and less people will care for the so called tear jerking stories that are supposedly their motivations. Its a load of crock of course but if for a minute you were to consider it would have been the actual reasons it would still not ever make it any better in anyway. I mean how does that work "He killed 50 people" , "ah yeah but you know he was gay and he prayed to allah" Yeah and ... ? HE KILLED 50 PEOPLE.

lol people who attempt to defend it in such a manner should be kept in a mental institution.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
He's shouting "Allahu Akbar" and police can't determine a motive?
He got lost while looking for firewood perhaps?
Good lord! The denial of the tenets of Islam run deep in Europe, don't they?

He could maybe possibly somehow for some reason be a leftist extremist in Afghanistan and he was actually protesting for white christian people,

by hacking into them to create a "art" piece to show the horror that his opposition to him in his home country plans for them?

I dont know i am not very used to writing SJW excuses and tbh it makes me sick just doing it even in sarcasm but i just needed to know how it would make me feel.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
RE: tucson.com...

The attacker was a 17 year-old Afghan migrant. Does this qualify him as a Terrorist? If so, should this be classified as a Terrorist Attack upon the German people??

-cwm

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yikes!...I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to be trapped on a train with a guy swinging an axe! I thought the idea of being run down by a truck was horrid (and indeed it's still unbelievable) but at least they could try to run away. My thoughts and prayers are certainly with those folk tonight.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Ban Axes! #PrayForAxeLegislation In the modern world, no one needs an axe, except for lumberjacks sanctioned by the lumberjack association! You are more likely to chop your toe off with an axe than to chop down a tree! We need to impose blade dulling legislation!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join