It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Fox News commentator sentenced to prison for faking CIA ties

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

What has my avatar got to do with the price of eggs in Germany?

Stick to the topic.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I was responding to someone else. Did you think that you could post a misleading title from a questionable source and no one would question it?

Fox News was defrauded too. Simmons was not sent to prison because of what he said, or did not say, on tv.
"Dana J. Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, where Simmons was prosecuted. “He is quite simply a criminal and a con man, and his fraud had the potential to endanger national security and put American lives at risk in Afghanistan.”

Former Fox News commentator sentenced to nearly 3 years for lying about CIA ties

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

I was responding to someone else.

Oh really...

Then what's this say...

And to Hazardous.

Now who is lying?

I'm done with nattering.
Speak on the topic or ignore me altogether.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Ok so this appears to be the story. This guy was kicked out of the Navy after a couple of weeks. He played some football the went on to series of random jobs, and he embellished those jobs by making the job simply a cover for his "real" job with the CIA. Nothing illegal so far.

He met a PR guy in 2001 and fed him the same CIA nonsense. They guy bought it and got him on FOX News where he would appear as a guest from 2001 until 2015. He was not payed. So still not illegal, although Fox sure fell down on the job. He took those pubic appearances on fox and used them to become well enough known he was even allowed to join a group who went with Rumsfeld to GITMO. They were not vetted as nothing they did was classified. Not illegal either as far as I know.

Now he took his 8 years of contacts and appearing on FOX as ex CIA and his trip and used them to get defense contracts. Now we hit the illegal areas.

Later he scammed a woman out of money using FOX again as proof of who he was. More illegalness.

It seems like people expected if he was on FOX for years being presented as ex CIA that surely FOX checked into his story so others just figured he was good to go. Almost 14 years fooling an entire news network. That is pretty impressive.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Good God man. Go back and look. You first quoted me responding to Reverbs and only Reverbs. Then you quote me from another post to make it look like I was responding to Reverbs and you. They were different posts. You have zero credibility with me now. Which goes back to the original posts I made about your thread.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Yes, another post you mentioned me by name saying I should do a better job.

I'm not looking for credibility, especially not from someone who will call me a liar because they haven't looked into the sites T&Cs.

You set the tone.

edit on 18-7-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I don't know anything about the price of eggs in Germany. What are you on about.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
OP title is misleading. Wayne Simmons was convicted of fraud.

“Simmons has no military or intelligence background, or any skills relevant to the positions he attained through his frauds,” said Dana J. Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, where Simmons was prosecuted. “He is quite simply a criminal and a con man, and his fraud had the potential to endanger national security and put American lives at risk in Afghanistan.”
Former Fox News commentator sentenced to nearly 3 years for lying about CIA ties

Lying is not punishable with jail time, in most cases, or almost all of our politicians would be behind bars. As bolded above...he gained positions thru fraud. Fox News was defrauded by this man as well as others.

This also describes what we got with Hillary, and Obama these past years. Funny how they don't count as far as prosecution goes..

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I dare say that you are purposely misleading. You know what they say about tangled webs.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Agreed. Maybe the guy who prosecuted Simmons should have prosecuted Hillary as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well Clinton is a fraud and a con artist, why is she not in jail, her fruud has actually gotten people killed.
So many people have done the same thing or less than she has and have paid the price.
Lie to get a job. ...go to jail
Lie to the whole country and get people killed you get to run for president. ....how does that make any kind of sense?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

It seems like people expected if he was on FOX for years being presented as ex CIA that surely FOX checked into his story so others just figured he was good to go. Almost 14 years fooling an entire news network. That is pretty impressive.

Nail on the head
Good Summation
edit on 18-7-2016 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I guess fox can sue him now for all the money they paid him. They were paying for an ex CIA expert on terrorism but that`s not what they got.

sue him?....jesus, you don't think they did a backround check on the guy?...if they didn't they are stoopid, or just a**holes....maybe both....

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
OP title is misleading. Wayne Simmons was convicted of fraud.

“Simmons has no military or intelligence background, or any skills relevant to the positions he attained through his frauds,” said Dana J. Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, where Simmons was prosecuted. “He is quite simply a criminal and a con man, and his fraud had the potential to endanger national security and put American lives at risk in Afghanistan.”

Lying is not punishable with jail time, in most cases, or almost all of our politicians would be behind bars. As bolded above...he gained positions thru fraud. Fox News was defrauded by this man as well as others.

Yep, including the US Government:

The FBI announced Thursday that Mr. Simmons had been arrested and indicted on charges of major fraud against the United States, wire fraud and making false statements to the government.

Mr. Simmons made the false statements about his ties to the CIA to at least three companies, one of which hired him as a “senior intelligence advisor” and he was deployed by the United States “overseas as an advisor to senior U.S. military personnel,” according to the indictment.www.washingtontimes.com...

But I'll bet fraudulently obtaining $125,000 from a woman for 'investment' purposes is what did him in. He couldn't get enough.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well this is the caliber of person I would expect from Fox, and Republicans for that matter. You know they found out that Rick Perry was only working 4 hours a week as governor of Texas, why isn't he in jail for dereliction of duty?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

This is the same network that touts the felonous traitor Oliver North as some sort of admirable hero worthy of airtime, and his own show. As long as you're willing to spout what they want to hear, they don't care about your background.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join