It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Fox News commentator sentenced to prison for faking CIA ties

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
All I can say is good...

He spent years manipulating the public on Faux News riling up the public with his "terror intel" and now he will spend the next 2 and a half years behind bars...

A man who falsely claimed for decades to be a CIA agent and worked as the FOX News “Terror Expert” has now been sentenced to 33 months in prison, according to prosecutors, as cited by Reuters.

According to a U.S. District Attorney’s Office statement, Wayne Shelby Simmons of Annapolis, Maryland, was sentenced in a U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Virginia.

Mudpit because reasons.

This piece of trash was lauded by Fox, Murdoch's bastard child, to lie to the people of the world about his knowledge of extremism...

He didn't know jack s#...

Useless prick!!!

Edit: help if I left a source wouldn't it.

mobile.reuters.com...

www.davidicke.com...
edit on 18-7-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Changed source & title because people are moaning.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Enjoy prison, mate! This dude is a trash-hole (just made that up, but it sounds appropriate)

edit on 18-7-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Were is this story from? I'd like to read the full story. Can you give me a link or at least name the source?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the source. I must have posted while you were adding it. I'll comment further after I read the article.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Esquire

Guns

Washington Post

More sources for you, Khaleesi.

Off topic, is your username anything to do with Game Of Thrones?
edit on 18-7-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Edited links.

link   

Reuters Link

Just adding the source article from where the story originated.

link   
I guess fox can sue him now for all the money they paid him. They were paying for an ex CIA expert on terrorism but that`s not what they got.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Is there a legit source for this?

All I can find are beforeitsnews, david icke and the like.

It is all over questionable sites.

Anything legit?

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

Reuters Link

Just adding the source article from where the story originated.

Reuters, That will work.

Thanks.
edit on 7 18 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
OP title is misleading. Wayne Simmons was convicted of fraud.

“Simmons has no military or intelligence background, or any skills relevant to the positions he attained through his frauds,” said Dana J. Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, where Simmons was prosecuted. “He is quite simply a criminal and a con man, and his fraud had the potential to endanger national security and put American lives at risk in Afghanistan.”
Former Fox News commentator sentenced to nearly 3 years for lying about CIA ties

Lying is not punishable with jail time, in most cases, or almost all of our politicians would be behind bars. As bolded above...he gained positions thru fraud. Fox News was defrauded by this man as well as others.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

We don't get to choose the OP title on ATS.

You have to use the article title.

But yes fraud was the charge, the many sources shared make that clear.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

We don't get to choose the OP title on ATS.

You have to use the article title.

But yes fraud was the charge, the many sources shared make that clear.

That is a lie. I have been here almost 10 years and never once have I been unable to choose the title. But you even said that there are "many sources" so you could have chosen one that was more accurate. Your source makes it sound like it is all Fox New's fault too.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

A Fox spokesperson said at the time that Simmons was not paid for his appearances on the network and that he was “never a contributor for Fox News, only a guest.”

Prosecutors said that Simmons defrauded the government by lying about his experience in order to obtain two defense contractor jobs in Afghanistan.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Seems this guy lied to the 'best'.

Anyone trying to make this ALL about FOX is being disingenuous.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You are supposed to use the title of the article your topic is about without edit.

Read the T and C

It was in response to people making their own titles that were misleading. If the article itself has a misleading title then explain that in the beginning of the op, but you are not supposed to change it.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

No it is not a lie.
Ask any moderator what the rules on OP titles are.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs
And to Hazardous

Maybe you missed this part of my post:

" But you even said that there are "many sources" so you could have chosen one that was more accurate. Your source makes it sound like it is all Fox New's fault too. "

So looking until you find a misleading title is okay I suppose.

edit on 7/18/2016 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You said what they said about the rules of the site is a lie.
it's not now you know.
I have not commented on the OP at hand.

Neo already pointed out the more important parts.

Fox news looks pretty in the clear seeing as the guy had contract jobs in Afghanistan.

months

haha..
I like it.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
That's good.. but why must your avatar be so inflammatory and insensitive? How old are you?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
he wasn't sentenced to prison for any thing he lied about on Fox News, I'm sure Fox pleads Plausible deniability by not vetting him properly

Simmons admitted that he defrauded the government in 2008 when he got work as a team leader in an Army program

Simmons also admitted to defrauding an unidentified woman out of $125,000 in a bogus real estate investment. When he was arrested, Simmons illegally possessed two firearms, which he was barred from having because of prior felonies, including a state conviction and two federal firearms violations.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

There is a big difference between the title of the link that I posted and the title of the link that Hazardous posted. He could have chosen a more accurate title.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

There is a big difference between the title of the link that I posted and the title of the link that Hazardous posted. He could have chosen a more accurate title.

I edited the title 15 minutes ago to stop you blathering on about it and yet you still continue.

Back to the topic now, eh?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join