It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Saudi Arabia Wins Dismissal From Sept. 11 Lawsuits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In the aftermath of the attacks of September 11, 2001 many in time came to suspect the Saudi Government, and the connection to the terrorists that brought that day to the world in an all to real series of attacks that claimed many lives. Most of those involved in those attacks were all Saudi. Today a judge overseeing lawsuits by victims, which included Multibillion dollar lawsuits filed on behalf of thousands of survivors, victims, and insurers that assert that more than 200 defendants aided al-Qaeda, made a ruling which could lead to a dismissal in the these and other cases in favor of Saudi Arabia.

Bloomberg.com Full Article

Jan. 18 (Bloomberg) -- The judge overseeing lawsuits by victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks dismissed some claims that Saudi Arabia provided ``massive'' financial and logistical support to Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda network.

Multibillion dollar lawsuits filed on behalf of thousands of survivors, victims, and insurers assert that more than 200 defendants aided al-Qaeda. Ruling in eight the cases today, U.S. District Judge Richard Casey dismissed claims against Saudi Arabia, Saudi princes, and some banks. Saudi Arabia still faces similar claims in other cases overseen by Casey.

The ruling will probably lead to a dismissal in the other cases in favor of Saudi Arabia, the banks, and the princes, said Justin Green, a plaintiff's lawyer at Kreindler & Kreindler who represents more than 500 victims.

``We've very disappointed in the number of defendants that were dismissed,'' Green said in an interview. ``We believe we're entitled to take a look at their banking records.'' Green said the plaintiffs haven't yet decided whether to appeal.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, there you have it.. Not guilty?

I am sure the Saudis are quite happy now, along with Royal status comes great wealth for the Saudi government. And it seems they have defended themselves very well.

The victims of the attacks of 9/11/01 have had their day in court. or have they?

All we can do now is watch these cases draw to a close.

Stay tuned!

[edit on 18-1-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Early days.

And the files that matter won't be opened for another 27 years, unless there are enough people who care.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Im sorry but i cannot believe for one minuite that the Saudis are blameless in this. The country is a hot bed of Isalmic Fundamentalists, and some of those Fundamentalists have a lot of money to throw at OBL for his Jihad. I doubt the Saudi Royal family had anything to do with it as they only pay lip service to Islam anyway, but im sure that there are other wealthy people that helped fund the attacks on 9/11.
Stinks like a whitewash to me.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I am curious. Does anyone know if the terrorists involved in the horror of 911 became Saudi citizens, or were they born there and lived there all their lives? I don't see Saudi Arabia as being a breeding ground for terrorists. I believe (without knowing for sure) that most of these individuals weren't originally from Saudi Arabia. I believe this was planned by the dark powers that be from within groups sponsoring terrorism they have more control over than the war on terrorism will ever admit. As usual this scenario ends up being about money and land. The land is the money, and the money is the land. How high do you think gas prices would be right now if the United States had not done what it has done in the middle east in the last 10 years. The oil companies aren't the ones who lower the prices they charge for a gallon of gas; the price charged for each barrel of crude oil is what changes all that. Look at the countries where all the biggest oil producers got their beginnings. You will find that they originated in all the countries that have had the most involvement in Iraq and elsewhere that imply frienship with Saudi Arabia. In business it's easier to say someone is your friend when they don't keep you from something that you use to keep doing business.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The Saudis are just to blame ar the past hijackers were. Thy don't have to lift a finger because of their emence wealth, they can buy anything and this action goes that far to prove it.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
It was my percetions that the Raoyal fammilly kind of paid protection money for a while to UBL as long as he kept his terrorcircus abroad and did not stir up internal affairs, but after 9/11 America brought the issue back to the middle east, so naturally the Royals had to choose between angry UBL or angry America....

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm overwhelmed by the response activity of the Bush lovers. It's kinda tough, sometimes, to defend the obvious, isn't it?

new topics

top topics

join