It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Love Story...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

A love Story

They held each other tight as each one faded away into the night. This is the way it always was for them... each life. They would die in each other's arms at the exact same moment, only to be reborn once more and start the search anew. And with each new life, they would spend years searching, only knowing the first name of the other that they sought out. They had an eternal bond, a flame that never quit burning, even past the moment of death.

They gazed into each other's eyes, whispering words of love and devotion to one another. Their time together was always so short. Tears fall from their cheeks as they realize that once again, they were going to have to leave each other. The pain of being torn away after such a short time together showing clearly in their eyes as they savor the last few moments in the other's embrace.

Ah, but the way they loved...so complete and honest and beautiful. Packing a lifetime of meaningful moments into a few short years. It was the kind of love that everyone seeks to find. It was also very cruel. To make them search so long for the one who they are bound to and yet have so little time together once they find them.

This is the way of the universe though. To be given such beauty requires that you know what you have been given. That you understand how precious every moment is with each other and do your best to try and make those moments beautiful and full. Sarah understood exactly what she was given. As the years rolled by and she started to remember more of her past lives, she began to have total clarity of what her purpose here on this Earth was.

It was always to find Michael. From her earliest memories, this was the name that would float to the surface whenever she thought of love. Even as a child she would be playing pretend and Michael was always her knight in shining armor...always the one to rescue her from the evils of whatever fairy tale world she had dreamt up with her imagination at the time.

The name was not just a name though. It represented something that in her childhood, she never really understood. Such a deep connection to another that it surpassed death. An old, ancient love, not bound by the human rules of time or death. When she was young she only knew that it was meant to be ...always. There was never any question as to who she was meant to love.

As she grew older, she would have glimpses of the lives she lived before..fond memories flashing to the forefront of her mind. A gentle moment within his arms, a sweet caress, a loving kiss. All happy, beautiful memories of a life shared with only him..for it was and has always been him. It was within these memories that she started to understand what it was, who it was she was seeking out. Many would call them soul mates...but that was not the case. There really were no words that could describe what it is they were.

It was more than just love as we know it. It was the universe expressing itself within them. And even though the human bodies that it was confined to wore down and died, the feeling itself was just too powerful to fade...for it is as old as creation itself. Death himself would even step aside to let it pass, bowing his head gracefully as he removes his scythe from the path that this love seeks out. Letting it weave its way back into the world so it can live again. For even he recognizes the beauty of it and appreciates its value.

As the light from their eyes slowly fades, they share one last kiss. Their heart beats slowing together in union...until they beat no more. The room is silent, and they exhale one last time as their souls take leave of their earthly shells. Together, in a lovers embrace, they take their leave of this world and this life, making their way to the next world, to be born anew and seek out each other once more....

Thanks,
blend57

This is dedicated to the one I love..like the song

edit on 18-7-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Beautiful.

Thank you for sharing that with us.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Well now, that is the greatest love story I have ever read. Awesome!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
TNMockingbird, Quantum12

Thank you both for reading this. I am thinking about writing a full novel around this short story ...hopefully...and was curious as to if it would hold any interest to anyone..so, your thoughts are indeed welcome and appreciated.

Thanks so much for posting them here!

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

You better write a Novel!!! Best seller!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The Yin and Yang . . . of it all.

1/2 feminine, 1/2 masculine.

The search for "wholeness" . . . becoming one. A tumultuous re-joining . .of love.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Quantum12

I couldn't see me selling the novel..lol. I just write to write. My words hold no more value or worth in them then anyone else who puts pen to paper. But I do like the idea of it, and think it worthy of a being something more than a short story.

SIEGE

Love is always worthy of writing about. Humans have been looking for ways to describe it since the dawn of time. It is the same for everyone, yet as different and unique as each couple who finds it. Maybe that is why no one has found the exact words to describe it yet.

Thanks for your responses.
blend57

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Ok you write your novel and I will walk it to New York. It will sell like crazy!

new topics

top topics

join