It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Document Lifts IRAN NUKE Constraints--AP EXCLUSIVE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's actually quite well known that the deal is to hold off for a decade and then back to normal...
That's how long the ban lasts according to the agreement...

This is not news.

edition.cnn.com...

From April 2015.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Why doesn't Saudi Arabia go after Canada?

Um, they did?

Our oil industry is still under the hurt of SA's/OPEC little price drop. Will be for some time.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So the President was okay in lying about it?---Keeping the facts secret from the American people?

No.

Yup.

They do on lots of things.

Obama knew he couldn't get the deal through if he was honest about it.
You know it and I know it.

It wouldn't have mattered if he did or didn't. Other countries involved had trade delegations, in Iran, before the US even agreed.

This was happening whether the US was on board or not.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

So the President was okay in lying about it?---Keeping the facts secret from the American people?

No.

Yup.

It wouldn't have mattered if he did or didn't. Other countries involved had trade delegations, in Iran, before the US even agreed.

You don't think it matters to the American people if their President lies to them in order to pass his agenda?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Iran still building that bomb, eh? Damn they taking forever so thank god in about 13 & 1/2 years they might finally finish the job!

Derp.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You don't think it matters to the American people if their President lies to them in order to pass his agenda?

Do I think that it does matter? Or, do I think that it should matter?

Does it matter? I am sure it does to many.

Should it matter? Not really.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Iran still building that bomb, eh? Damn they taking forever so thank god in about 13 & 1/2 years they might finally finish the job!

Derp.

You're ignoring the point of the thread title.
Secret document lifting restrictions? Not revealed BEFORE the deal was passed?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

No.

Yup.

I dont agree with lieing obama should have been upfront.

Quiet frankly i dont think other country gave the USA much choice as most the other key players have opened up to Iran so the USA has followed.

Obama lied to stop the neocon outrage. Still wrong to lie to the public however.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

No.

Yup.

I dont agree with lieing obama should have been upfront.

Quiet frankly i dont think other country gave the USA much choice as most the other key players have opened up to Iran so the USA has followed.

Obama lied to stop the neocon outrage. Still wrong to lie to the public however.

Thank you.
Yes. He lied to the American people...AND he lied to the American people's representatives in congress because he didn't want them to prevent his deal from going through.

Lying to congress in order to proceed unopposed is the act of a dictator.

edit on 18-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Derp.

You're ignoring the point of the thread title.
Secret document lifting restrictions? Not revealed BEFORE the deal was passed?

Then how did my April 2015 article know that restrictions were going to be lifted before the deal was made?

This is all bull#.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Your Link :

Uh-oh! It could be you, or it could be us, but there's no page here.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Lifting restrictions? Eh, doesn't sound like the sky is falling today or 13 & 1/2 years from now to me.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
To HAZARDOUS:

YOUR Source:

2. Uranium enrichment
That agreement lasts 15 years. And Tehran has agreed not to build any new uranium enrichment facilities over that period as well. The 3.67% is a major decline, and it follows Iran's move to water down its stockpile of 20% enriched uranium last year. In addition, Iran will reduce its current stockpile of 10,000 kilograms of low-enriched uranium to 300 kilograms for 15 years.

AP EXCLUSIVE:

Key restrictions on Iran's nuclear program imposed under an internationally negotiated deal will start to ease years before the 15-year accord expires, advancing Tehran's ability to build a bomb evenbefore the end the pact, according to a document obtained Monday by The Associated Press.

But while some of the constraints extend for 15 years, documents in the public domain are short on details of what happens with Iran's most proliferation-prone nuclear activity - its uranium enrichment - beyond the first 10 years of the agreement.

The document obtained by the AP fills in the gap.
It says that as of January 2027 - 11 years after the deal was implemented - Iran can start replacing its mainstay centrifuges with thousands of advanced machines.

AP EXCLUSIVE:

From year 11 to 13, says the document, Iran can install centrifuges up to five times as efficient as the 5,060 machines it is now restricted to using. Those new models will number less than those being used now, ranging between 2,500 and 3,500, depending on their efficiency, according to the document. But because they are more effective, they will allow Iran to enrich at more than twice the rate it is doing now.

YOUR Source (CNN):

3. Breakout time
The period of time that it would take for Iran to acquire the material it needs to make one nuclear weapon, currently assessed at two to three months, would be extended to about one year under the deal. That year-long breakout period would be in place for at least 10 years.

AP EXCLUSIVE:

The U.S. says the Iran nuclear agreement is tailored to ensure that Iran would need at least 12 months to "break out" and make enough weapons grade uranium for at least one weapon. But based on a comparison of outputs between the old and newer machines, if the enrichment rate doubles, that breakout time would be reduced to six months, or even less if the efficiency is more than double, a possibility the document allows for.

edit on 18-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ah never mind the document,fake agreement and media bull.What do the IRANIANS say they plan to do?Better take them at their word,crazy people usually tell the truth about their intentions.Just saying...remember their leaders are religious fanatics,not their politicians.If it was Jim Jones,David Koresh,or someone like that screaming we need nukes so we can cleanse the world of San Francisco and it`s gays would you think that was all talk?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Funny how a lot of people make a lot of noise about Iran's nuke capability but these same people never say anything about the nuke capability on the other side of their border in Israel.

Compare Iran's peace record with that of Israel and see who is threatening who.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join