It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have FINALLY solved the issue on how to stay alive during a police encounter!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have been pulled over maybe 3 times and I'm old. It usually is very upsetting to me and I shake and cry and say I don't know what I did-then they explain it to me, usually something dumb, and tell just try to remember. Once, I forgot to put on my yearly license sticker and got pulled over on an expressway; very busy. I told him I wasn't sure how to put it on because others did it for me. So he did it for me and I thanked him. Another time I did a rolling stop in the middle of a neighborhood and I was stopped and the policeman said he was sorry to meet me under those circumstances and gave me a warning, very sweet.

Guess others have very different experiences.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I shot 15 people just getting to work today.

With my assault guns.

Well, it is still only 1:27EDT so I am thinking you still have time to beat your personal best.

I have the evening commute to look forward to.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I mean that I doubt an officer would even get charged these days, If he shot you in the back.

Michael Slager was charged in the shooting of Walter Scott.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: crazyewok

Or better yet move to a civilized country were police dont shoot for tiny infractions....

It's really sad that in this day and age, with all the information available, gullible fools will believe any narrative that they see on their TV.

The entire US is just like the wild west back in Billy the Kid days. killin fer kicks, spittin backer juice in the saloons, gettin a shot of red eye. Yup, it's just like that.

If you did not have a issue with police using excessive force then why do you have so many riots and police killings?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I can honestly say I've never had an encounter with police with the exception of getting a ticket for a bad sticker.
No guns involved. I didn't even have to get out of the car.

Shame I can't say the same.

One night many moons ago, When I was working at a printing company fresh out of high school.

I was pulled over for speeding. Pull over the next thing I know there was 6 plus police officers with their guns drawn at me.

Guess what 'color' I was ?

WHITE.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The media loves to sensationalize stories and so people stupidly go and act out on their perceptions.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
You're really funny, O.P. I've seen videos of people shot in the back by police. I have also seen a video where a retarded person was shot and killed by police for not complying with them and another video where a black man was shot and killed by police as he was sitting in his car. This person had a concealed weapon and informed the police officer of it. The police officer requested it, and as he was handing it over, he got shot and killed. These are just three incidents that I can think of off the top of my head.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Because the people are protesting shootings, that once the facts and evidence came out, turned out to be justified. BLM's whole motto of "hands up don't shoot" was based on a complete lie from Mike Browns friend. The media ran with that narrative and BLM continue to this day to somehow still believe that his hands were up. President O's justice system did their own investigation and also came to the conclusion that the shooting was justified.

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: intrptr

Is that the police training manual?

No, it is from the civilian training manual. Have you seen it? It is titled "Don't be a dumba$$-Use your head" Not you, the manual.

Thats a kids stick figure drawing book.

"Don't be a dumbass, use your head" is as vague... but I get the whole "only stupids get shot by cops" used to exonerate police who unjustly shoot citizens, over a thousand times a year.

Over a thousand unjustified shootings a year? Man. The guardian put it at a total of 1,146 killings by law enforcement, total, for all of 2015. Hard to believe they were all, or almost all, unjust.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

link   
Translation: I have justifications and rationalizations for why fighting the cops is an acceptable option.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

To add to that translation.

So vote for a bunch of people that create more LAWS that they have to enforce.

And it's all the po po's 'fault'.

Makes perfect sense.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

A picture is worth a thousand words. It's a shame the main stream media can't make it as clear as your picture.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Oh I know, I was just joking around with you.
But surprising as it may be, there are some people who would actually accuse that.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I didn't even have to get out of the car.

See there is where you messed it up.
You have to jump out of the car swinging your arms and yelling. Then stick your hands in your pockets.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

Unless you're an alien humanoid from the planet Krypton wearing tights and a cape, you cannot outrun a bullet, no matter how fast you move.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Three principles for not getting your ass whomped by a cop (or worse, cops):

1. By submitting to them, you are putting yourself under their protection, unless you've already done something really stoopid. If so, apologize as you become sheep-like.

2. Be passive as far as possible, without compromising yourself. Be honest short of criminalizing yourself. Feign a basic disinterest in the situation.

3. Above all, refrain from any action which might arouse their predator instincts. Keep in mind that a group of cops, like most people, are little better than a pack of jackals.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
and another video where a black man was shot and killed by police as he was sitting in his car.

Um, no you didn't.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Or better yet move to a civilized country were police dont shoot for tiny infractions....

It's really sad that in this day and age, with all the information available, gullible fools will believe any narrative that they see on their TV.

The entire US is just like the wild west back in Billy the Kid days. killin fer kicks, spittin backer juice in the saloons, gettin a shot of red eye. Yup, it's just like that.

If you did not have a issue with police using excessive force then why do you have so many riots and police killings?

Because the media has jumped on a comparative handful of incidents and spun them into some rampant epidemic, and folks who can't be bothered to do any fact based research into the subject go on the Internet and pontificate on it as if they're subject matter experts. And people who are even more lazy than that blindly accept what they're being told.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: crazyewok

The media loves to sensationalize stories and so people stupidly go and act out on their perceptions.

US police are not trained in Deescalation to the degree of other country's police.

And deescalation is a really valuable skill and can be as powerful as waving a gun in a suspects face.

It not just about lethal force. US police do tend to be more aggressive and physicals than other country's police.

I know the USA thinks its "special" and looking at how other country's do things is heresy, but what works, works.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Because the media has jumped on a comparative handful of incidents and spun them into some rampant epidemic, and folks who can't be bothered to do any fact based research into the subject go on the Internet and pontificate on it as if they're subject matter experts. And people who are even more lazy than that blindly accept what they're being told.

Fine continue to believe there is nothing wrong and police in the USA are prefect.

Meanwhile more US police are going to get killed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join