It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Leader Shaun King predicts American coup.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: kaylaluv

And ten times more likely to resist and have an attitude towards the cops.

Source link?

You can find it right next to the source link the author used in the article you copy/pasted. I'll bet my guesstimate is just as accurate as your source's is, if not more.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm disappointed that in 8 pages of nonsense and petty bickering, catering to the divisional agenda, not one of you noticed this glaring fact.

The last two cop killers, have been ex military. If we start to see aspects of the military continue to follow this trend, then whether BLM called for it, or Shaun King did, I think it is a very plausible reality.

To think. This used to be my favorite forum. The lack of linking the conspiracy and "Denying Ignorance" seems to be a lost art.

My first post by the way. I look forward to contributing and doing battle with you gentleman/ladies more often.
edit on 18-7-2016 by AnonymousStateCollege because: PC awareness?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: UKTruth

There is no issue at all with police and blacks.. It's made up.

*Puts the fingers in the ears and goes "la la la la la la la"*

Mmmmmm kay.

See above post above yours - you just described yourself. I can't help you if you refuse to accept the actual facts... you seem to subscribe to #factsdontmatter
edit on 18/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousStateCollege

That is an interesting aspect that was discussed in another thread. The problem is, the people that are desperate to attach this to BLM or Islam would not want to address the military aspect because that is not a group of people targeted by their propaganda.

They tend to be pro-military. So looking at that aspect is not part of their agenda.
edit on 18-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Besides the statistics (which quite plainly do demonstrate bias toward Blacks) ... that's not the only important measure here.

After the experience of long-standing racism, particularly absurd statements like the only racism in America now is from Black people (which is itself, patently racist) we have to deal with the perceptions on the part of the communities ... that feel like they are (still) being targeted.

Quoting statistics doesn't mean anything when you see your people lying dead in the street repeatedly with Cops standing over them.

The stats show clearly no bias. See above post. Normalising the population data and crime data uncovers the truth.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Gryphon66

A greater percentage of male drivers (12%) than female drivers (8%) were stopped by police during 2011.
A higher percentage of black drivers (13%) than white (10%) and Hispanic (10%) drivers were stopped by police during 2011. Stopped drivers reported speeding as the most common reason for being pulled over in 2011. Approximately 80% of drivers pulled over by police in 2011 felt they had been stopped for a legitimate reason. In 2011, about 68% of black drivers believed police had a legitimate reason for stopping them compared to 84% of white and 74% of Hispanic drivers. In 2011, about 3% of traffic stops led to a search of the driver, the vehicle, or both. Police were more likely to search male drivers (4%) than female drivers (2%). A lower percentage of white drivers stopped by police in 2011 were searched (2%) than black (6%) or Hispanic (7%) drivers.

www.bjs.gov...

One has to wonder if the higher rate of black committing crimes are related to systemic racism in which people of color are targeted more.

It seems pretty obvious to me. The only alternative is that Blacks are more crime-prone than Whites (which is of course the real racist conclusion behind most of the arguments we see.)

But, that's not a racist statement at all ... oh no. It's fine to classify all Blacks in a negative light. That's just being, as they argue, "factual."

Except of course, that's never what the facts actually demonstrate.

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If you look at the statistics I provide, you are also 3 times more likely to be pulled over if you are black, vs. white drivers.
edit on 18-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: AnonymousStateCollege
I'm disappointed that in 8 pages of nonsense and petty bickering, catering to the divisional agenda, not one of you noticed this glaring fact.

The last two cop killers, have been ex military. If we start to see aspects of the military continue to follow this trend, then whether BLM called for it, or Shaun King did, I think it is a very plausible reality.

To think. This used to be my favorite forum. The lack of linking the conspiracy and "Denying Ignorance" seems to be a lost art.

My first post by the way. I look forward to contributing and doing battle with you gentleman/ladies more often.

Very true, indeed. However, this is about a guy from BLM saying there could be a coup if him and his peeps don't get what they want, which is a Clinton presidency.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

a reply to: AnonymousStateCollege

That is an interesting aspect that was discussed in another thread. The problem is, the people that are desperate to attach this to BLM or Islam would not want to address the military aspect because that is not a group of people targeted by their propaganda.

They tend to be pro-military. So looking at that aspect is not part of their agenda.

Who exactly are you expecting us to tie this to? Is Shaun King, the subject of this thread, not tied to BLM or something?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

That looks so fake. Are you sure you're not being fooled?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

A greater percentage of male drivers (12%) than female drivers (8%) were stopped by police during 2011.
A higher percentage of black drivers (13%) than white (10%) and Hispanic (10%) drivers were stopped by police during 2011. Stopped drivers reported speeding as the most common reason for being pulled over in 2011. Approximately 80% of drivers pulled over by police in 2011 felt they had been stopped for a legitimate reason. In 2011, about 68% of black drivers believed police had a legitimate reason for stopping them compared to 84% of white and 74% of Hispanic drivers. In 2011, about 3% of traffic stops led to a search of the driver, the vehicle, or both. Police were more likely to search male drivers (4%) than female drivers (2%). A lower percentage of white drivers stopped by police in 2011 were searched (2%) than black (6%) or Hispanic (7%) drivers.

www.bjs.gov...

One has to wonder if the higher rate of black committing crimes are related to systemic racism in which people of color are targeted more.

It seems pretty obvious to me. The only alternative is that Blacks are more crime-prone than Whites (which is of course the real racist conclusion behind most of the arguments we see.)

But, that's not a racist statement at all ... oh no. It's fine to classify all Blacks in a negative light. That's just being, as they argue, "factual."

Blacks are absolutely more prone to crime than whites. Simple fact shown by the numbers.
It is however not to do with colour, it is to do with environment. The issue is systematic racism in American society for sure, which is why blacks are poorer and live in worse conditions (by far) on average. Poverty and living conditions that include lack of education and employment opportunity is the driver of crime.

BLM and every other social group should focus on that - NOT police. The police are doing their job and the numbers show no bias at all. It is not the job of the police to solve systematic racism in the US, it is their job to stop crime and keep people safe. Their job brings them into confrontation with more black people proportionally to population.
edit on 18/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousStateCollege

So what they had previous military experience. Oswald did too. Numerous killers of cops have had ex military or Cop experience. It does not indicate the military will side with a coup.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

If you look at the statistics I provide, you are also 3 times more likely to be pulled over if you are black, vs. white drivers.

Which makes sense - because blacks are more than 3 times more likely to commit serious crime.

link   

www.bjs.gov...

And whose fault is that?

link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

That's looking at black population as a whole versus white population as a whole. Try looking at it based on number of violent confrontations with police and that number changes significantly.

Jaden

link   

Besides the statistics (which quite plainly do demonstrate bias toward Blacks) ... that's not the only important measure here.

After the experience of long-standing racism, particularly absurd statements like the only racism in America now is from Black people (which is itself, patently racist) we have to deal with the perceptions on the part of the communities ... that feel like they are (still) being targeted.

Quoting statistics doesn't mean anything when you see your people lying dead in the street repeatedly with Cops standing over them.

The stats show clearly no bias. See above post. Normalising the population data and crime data uncovers the truth.

No, stats don't show bias, per se.

Your interpretation does, however. Not going to bicker with you. Multiple studies show the facts. One is linked above.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Apparently so:

What that really means is that women are the most oppressed by the male Patriarchy.

Amazing isn't it - those cops must really hate men.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Your interpretation does, however. Not going to bicker with you. Multiple studies show the facts. One is linked above.

The studies that include crime and population together show no bias.

link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Misconceptions about an entire race? 13 or so million people?

I'd say the "fault" lies with each individual who believes such nonsense is based only on race.

link   

The studies that include crime and population together show no bias.

Saying it doesn't make it true.

Studies which prove the exact opposite linked above.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join