It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharing a memory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Just sharing a memory. No proof or anything like that. Just a very spooky experience I had as a kid.

My friend and I were in the basement spare bedroom at my folks house and we were playing with a Ouija Board. Neither one of us understood it or knew what we were doing, just messing around. All of a sudden and for no apparent reason the lights in the room went off leaving us in complete darkness. Of course being silly kids we freaked out and both started screaming. I remember just barely seeing the outline of a shadow of a person, what looked to be a tall man standing in the doorway. Impossible... the only one home at the time was my mother and she was upstairs in the kitchen. It stood there for a moment and then everything went black for a second or two, then the lights came back on. The two of us ran out of the room as fast as we could and never looked back! Never spoke about it.

About two weeks later I was in bed going to sleep. My mother, father and brother were at the other end of the house in the living room. The hallway light suddenly clicked on and I thought it was one of my family members. After a little while I didn't hear anything or see anyone so I said "hello"? And I heard a very low growl sounds. I hid under my covers! Next day I told my mother and she said I was probably just having a bad dream. About two weeks later I was once again in my bed going to sleep when I felt a finger tickle me on my side. Again, I freaked out, jumped out of bed and ran to the living room where my family was watching TV. I told what happened and once again was told that I was having a bad dream. Nothing ever happened again after that at my house.

Many years later I had taken a trip to Barbados. Every night while I was there I had the same exact dream. In the dream, I was laying in the bed in the hotel room and I would raise my head to look at the door to the room. The door was outlined by the brightest light I had ever seen. Slowly the door began to open and standing there was the large shadow man that I'd seen years before as a child. As soon as the door was fully opened the dream would end and start back at the beginning... me laying in the hotel bed and lifting my head to look at the door, etc. This short dream would happen dozens of times before I'd fall asleep and I had the same exact dream every night that I was there, for 15 days (14 nights). About a month after we were home from the trip we were sitting at the kitchen table reminiscing about the vacation when my father said "The only thing is that I kept having the strangest dream every night". I asked him what the dream was about and he preceded to describe the same exact dream that I had while there, every detail was the same. I was totally shocked! I told him I was having the same dream there. I don't think he believed me.

Anyway, that's it. I haven't experienced anything since then and I'm not sure if any of this was even real. It sure seemed real to me. I am wondering if anyone has had similar experiences? Or if anyone could take a guess as to why this entity, if that's what it was, chose to make itself known for the short time that it did.

Thanks for reading

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
That is weird, for sure.

I'm speaking as someone who spent four years living in a very active house, but I don't have any special insights for you.

I wonder if there is something attached to your family that only shows itself sporadically. It's odd that whatever it is would follow you. It makes me wonder whether it was ever human.

My haunting was a person, definitely. There were others in the house, as my stepdaughter saw more than one shadow person in her room, but I only had "contact" with the one individual.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bbarkow

Thanks for the reply!

When you say you lived in an active house? how active? Describe?

I don't think it's attached to my family because no one else ever mentioned anything. I agree that it's odd it would follow me. It's always been strange to me. It's been almost 20 years now and I've never had any other experience.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I posted a little about it here:

Haunted house thread

There's more, but I sort of got tired of writing...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The entity is death, the light is god.
The door is an opening.
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

edit on 18-7-2016 by cryptic0void because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
S+F, great anecdote

When I was a kid my sister would say she saw things like that, but I never did. Hubby's seen a lot of shadow people, though, and I've seen a couple in the last year or so.
I often have weird recurring dreams, and sometimes I'm damn sure they follow me out. I'm the kind of person who dreams of pseudo-waking and finding a spider in the bed (or an armadillo) and can't go back to sleep afterward for fear of it actually being there.

top topics

join