It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not going to work today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Bhadhidar

It's why people love horror movies

Horror movies suck. Sci-Fi on the other hand ...

I guess that is why I also do not do any of the following

prepare for survival, build bunkers and buy insurance.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I'm at work...

I don't feel anything...

I probably should get off ATS and do something constructive...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Also how do you have so many stars to posts?

Lol. Ask S.O., he loves it when people ask him that. Oh, while you're at it, ask him if we can have our old emo's back. He likes answering that question too.

TIA.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Very well said.
My primary interest is economics and business studies and I've wondered if these unsettled and upset times are hurting retail sales.

Retail sales rose modestly in the first quarter, but have largely been very weak for this stage of a recovery. Be curious to see what the 2nd quarter numbers look like.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
why are predictions always doom and gloom?

why people cant predict the cure to something, or a definitive date for the increase of minimum wage, or better housing markets.

its always something 'bad' is 'likely' or 'might definitely happen' in the 'near future' sometime soon'

i find it strange... or is it the entire predictions/dreams forums just for my [sometimes GF] entertainment after a few glasses of wine.? its always good to search the 2012 stuff

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Not going to work today means not being paid today...let me guess your boss isn't aware of ATS...right?
Good luck and try to grow a pair.
Cheers

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Survival instinct.

Something "good" probably won't injure, kill, and/or try to eat you.

Sensing something that might, before it has a chance to, increases the likelihood of your survival.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Not going to work today means not being paid today...let me guess your boss isn't aware of ATS...right?
Good luck and try to grow a pair.
Cheers

I have sick leave.

One of the benefits of a good union.

If you don't have sick leave, maybe you should get into a union.

Whether my boss is "aware" of ATS or not is irrelevant. It's My time to use as I need, or see fit.

My duty is to give my customers the best service I can, and if for whatever reason, I can't, it is to recuse myself until I can.

As to "growing a pair"...

I'll match mine to yours anytime, mate.

But don't feel too bad if you pull up a bit short.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No, YOURS still count. You earned yours. Better?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

There is no such thing as a "good" union. Just people who don't bother to research.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
I'm not going to work today, and it's for no better reason than because I...

I can't really explain why!

For the past few days (since last Thursday or Friday) I've had this feeling that "danger is lurking" nearby.

Although, "nearby" translates more like "monumental".

I keep having flashbacks to the summer of 1968 and the national (US) turmoil experienced then.

And to tell the truth, recent events these past few months, and especially these past few days, have done nothing to calm my fears.

I could not sleep at all last night.

I've had no caffeine of any kind since Saturday.

And just typing this post is giving me butterflies in my belly and chills up my spine.

I really hope it's just a summer "bug" of some kind.

I'm not usually this sort of "nervous Nelly", but something has got me on a razor's edge, and I don't like it.

The last time I felt this anxious was the night before the Northridge, CA earthquake years ago.

But this feels less "defined"; like maybe the threat is farther out from me geographically and/or temporally?

I have to admit that the GOP convention opening today really ramps up the Heebie Jeebies whenever I think about it.

Be safe, all.

Surprisingly I've had a few friends mention this "feeling" as well out of the blue recently.
I'm more of the opinion we just "sidestepped" something nasty an people are picking up on that.

We've had some storms roll thru last week and altho they were smaller seemed to be harbingers of larger ones that we got today. I would say there has been some "clean-up" going on and while we don't normally operate on that level other things do an we are picking up on it.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: bknapple32

Also how do you have so many stars to posts?

Lol. Ask S.O., he loves it when people ask him that. Oh, while you're at it, ask him if we can have our old emo's back. He likes answering that question too.

TIA.

LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join