It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: introvert

LOL

You want an unconditional 2nd, and then demand a condition.

I demand the 2nd be applied equally, regardless of religion.

Why is that so hard to accept?

Islam is not merely a religion, though. Is it?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

That would be all nice and everything if the Libertarian party wouldn't have been co-opted by TPTB. Gary and Weld running around praising Hillary is unsettling to say the least.

I cannot and will not support anyone that does not match my hatred for HRC.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Looks like she copied parts of her speech from Michelle.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Lol I doubt she had any hand in the speech writing. It probably came from the same filing cabinet as Michelle Obama's and the speech writer charged a couple of hundred grand again.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yeah don't think it will matter she blew the crowd away.
Spawny bugger that trump.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Lol I doubt she had any hand in the speech writing. It probably came from the same filing cabinet as Michelle Obama's and the speech writer charged a couple of hundred grand again.

I find the similarities troubling, but I found the second speech move believable and sincere.

At least Melania didn't feel proud to be American for the first time in her adult life.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
darn reply button
edit on 19-7-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I find the similarities troubling, but I found the second speech move believable and sincere.

At least Melania didn't feel proud to be American for the first time in her adult life.

LOL, yes...
To be honest the MSM have majored on 2 and half paragraphs from about 20 in the speech. They are being , surprise, vindictive. The vast majority of it was quite different however, it's pretty clear she must have been researching and lifted a few words. So what? If she liked it and believed it then why not.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

LOL, yes...
To be honest the MSM have majored on 2 and half paragraphs from about 20 in the speech. They are being , surprise, vindictive. The vast majority of it was quite different however, it's pretty clear she must have been researching and lifted a few words. So what? If she liked it and believed it then why not.

I think people are being very dishonest. If this was someone on the Left that had obviously copied parts of someone else's speech, many of you would be throwing a fit.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Wow... Whoever wrote plagiarized that speech should be in big trouble... but it's probably someone close to Donald, like family (or maybe Donald himself)... What a cluster, eh? Of course Trump supporters are downplaying it... exposing their hypocrisy. Because if this had been a Democrat, the crap would be hitting the fan... But since it's "their guy", it's all good...

This convention has been one spectacle after another. I feel better than ever about voting for Hillary. The GOP elite must not get control of this nation, as they clearly have control of the Republican party members...

But I'm glad they're exposing the workings behind the curtain...

edit on 7/19/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

She doesn't sound like an American. No-one has a problem with a First Lady who sounds like Natasha Fatale?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
At least she isn't our Vice President.
Heavy.co m

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

LOL, yes...

I think people are being very dishonest. If this was someone on the Left that had obviously copied parts of someone else's speech, many of you would be throwing a fit.

That cuts both ways.
We don't actually know the facts behind the construction of the speech... who wrote the speech? She said she wrote some of it, not all of it. If two paragraphs out of 20 were similar to Obamas then why does it matter? She may have listened to it and thought it reflected her own thoughts. Maybe someone else wrote it.. who knows. Why is it a headline? It's a pretty weak line of attack when in actual fact she gave a really strong performance for someone not used to the political arena at all. Perhaps you should set aside your political bias and just give her credit. To be fair to most of the pundits, that's what they did.

“In writing her beautiful speech, Melania’s team of writers took notes on her life’s inspirations, and in some instances included fragments that reflected her own thinking. Melania’s immigrant experience and love for America shone through in her speech, which made it such a success.”
edit on 19/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

And guess what? the predictable crew are in here saying she plagiarized.

Did she plagiarize or paraphrase?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Teikiatsu

She doesn't sound like an American. No-one has a problem with a First Lady who sounds like Natasha Fatale?

You never answered if you would be treating Jeb!'s wife like this.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

She mouthed platitudes. Neither speech was very original: America...proud...values...hard work....

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Yes, I do give that crew some credit though for their incredible work on behalf on Clinton last night, LOL. It does appear that the contribution became somewhat desperate though, which is understandable given the shellacking Clinton took last night.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

She mouthed platitudes. Neither speech was very original: America...proud...values...hard work....

At which point then it gets pretty hard to voice them on 100% original ways. Some close similarities are bound to happen.

And it is the convention. No one is going to give much of a deep policy wonk talk here. You might get something of it out Trump's rollout speech, but then it will all be very general. And you might get some out of Pence.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And it is the convention. No one is going to give much of a deep policy wonk talk here. You might get something of it out Trump's rollout speech, but then it will all be very general. And you might get some out of Pence.

The theme of last night's pageant was supposed to be foreign policy. Did anyone mention it at all?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

How to Recognize Plagiarism

If the summary contains a sequence of 7 or more words taken from that source which is not properly acknowledged, then word-for-word plagiarism is also committed.

Yup. It passes as plagiarism. There are several places where more than seven words were EXACTLY the same. There's one place where 23 words are the same.

The writers obviously knew they were plagiarizing, because sometimes they left one word out or changed just one or two words... It's not her fault, it's the incompetent campaign... run by an incompetent politician.

You never answered if you would be treating Jeb!'s wife like this.

Would you be making excuses if Barack Obama's wife had copied someone's speech?

edit on 7/19/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join