It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Ohanka

Because the alternative is a madman in the Whitehouse. They're not doing this because they're butt hurt. They're doing it because it matters. And because they know they can't win with him.

OMg! I can't believe I am being forced to agree with you! Clinton is the last person I want as President, and will not have my vote, but my God, you speak the truth here!

It was bound to happen.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Sillyolme

Body language can be revealing. It is more important than words.
I am usually perceptive to that kind of thing.
I can walk in a room of strangers and within minutes feel people out, getting a sense of their true intentions.
Body language reveals emotions and deceptiveness.

Maybe Trump does have that same kind of intuition. It would certainly make sense, when you consider his success in negotiations, etc.

Why does every Trump supporter seem to have this perception that Trump is just like them? He cannot be the same as everyone! It just seems so many are impressing their own image on a blank slate!

Why can't he be like everyone else?

Because he has more money?

I expect politicians to be just like everyone else.

That's the big difference between him and Hillary.

Hillary thinks she's above everyone else, money or not.

Meh.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I can walk in a room of strangers and within minutes feel people out, getting a sense of their true intentions.

Maybe Trump does have that same kind of intuition. It would certainly make sense, when you consider his success in negotiations, etc.

Why does every Trump supporter seem to have this perception that Trump is just like them? He cannot be the same as everyone! It just seems so many are impressing their own image on a blank slate!

This is true, however digging into Trumps past and hearing from people who do actually know him and have done for some time you begin to get a picture of a person who is connected to the average Joe, or at least gives teh impression he does not believe he is above them. i.e. he is not aloof.

I'm a West Palm Beach native and I know an eletrician and another trademan I used to box with down there that worked at Mara Lago a few times and they love Trump.

Apparently he throws a party once a year at Mara Lago where he has everyone who worked on his house come and gives them bonuses and has a wild party where everything is free.

He's kind of a local legend down there.

link   

Professional, woman, mother, widow, and hoping to be a grandmother soon.
And Trump supporter.

Thanks? I think?

edit on 7/18/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
Milo is there now doing his thing..

Always brings a smile to my face.

www.breitbart.com...

Milo makes a good point about conservatives now holding the mantle of 'guardians of dissidence and free speech'. It's amazing how the left have been infiltrated and mutated into authoritarians.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Watching CNN from the ops link

Honest and Trustworthiness.

Clinton 34% yes 65% NO

Trump 38% yes 61% NO.

LOL

Still way too high on both accounts.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
What's going on. One star for neo96 one for blueAjah. I must be coming down with something lol.

Since I am voting third party, I have no real shoe in this race. Are you drinking as much wine as me, perhaps, just enjoying the entertaining show?

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

We grew up in the same neighborhood.
Most down to earth every day people.
I left the city when my parents moved to the suburbs in the sixties.

link   

originally posted by: onequestion

This is true, however digging into Trumps past and hearing from people who do actually know him and have done for some time you begin to get a picture of a person who is connected to the average Joe, or at least gives teh impression he does not believe he is above them. i.e. he is not aloof.

I'm a West Palm Beach native and I know an eletrician and another trademan I used to box with down there that worked at Mara Lago a few times and they love Trump.

Apparently he throws a party once a year at Mara Lago where he has everyone who worked on his house come and gives them bonuses and has a wild party where everything is free.

He's kind of a local legend down there.

It's very telling that they found no one from those that worked for him that they could really use to hurt him.
There are so many stories of incidents like Trump spending time with his employees, like visiting kitchens and hanging out with cooks and waiters. He's obviously a man who people like when they get to know him.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
LOL , CNN doing their very best to make more of the floor challenge.
They are so transparent and they don;t even realise.
edit on 18/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Yeah that's pretty much all I ever heard.

I used to work at a popular billionaire hangout spot too and I never saw Trump, and it was the Palm Beach elite of the elite that used to hang out there.

Everyone one of them was a prick.

As far as the stories I've heard from the guys that used to work there they said that and this was told to me 10 years ago.
edit on 7/18/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

More racist rubbish.

I don't think it's racist to point out that Trump is going to appeal mostly to white people. He hasn't been too supportive of blacks-- he's basically at odds with BLM. With Mexicans, he assumes "some" are probably good people. And Muslims... well total ban and holding peaceful Muslims accountable for attacks perpetrated by terrorists. Not much to inspire these people.

But if you're WHITE, and you're into tyrants and dictator-types--- Trump may be music to your ears.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Narcissists and sociopaths have that effect on people.

That's why they do it. They love to be admired and praised.

Why do you think it effects him when the opposite happens???

Why do you think he sues anyone he can that speaks ill of him, even when it's the truth???

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The old money elite don't like Trump. They find him to be below their standards, whatever that is. He's not pompous enough for them I guess.

But you're right, those people are pricks. Completely in some other reality from the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I take comfort knowing I'm not the only one that sees that.

There are authoritarian elements on both sides of the aisle. If I can help take out some of them, I'm satisfied.

To those who cry "but Trump wanted to ban Muslims! Boo hoo".
Stuff it. He hasn't enacted any stupid ass policy yet.

Cry to somebody that cares.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Narcissists and sociopaths have that effect on people.

That's why they do it. They love to be admired and praised.

Why do you think it effects him when the opposite happens???

Why do you think he sues anyone he can that speaks ill of him, even when it's the truth???

Like I said - if there was any real problem we'd have heard it over and over again.
It's easy to say he does it because of his ego, but it just comes across as trying to find fault no matter what good he does.

The whole 'narcissist' and 'sociopath' tagging is right up there with words like misogynist as the most over used and incorrectly used terms used in this election process. People like to use labels, when in reality human beings are far more complex.
edit on 18/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Donald Trump's plane has arrived at the convention.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Why can't he be like everyone else?

Because he has more money?

I expect politicians to be just like everyone else.

That's the big difference between him and Hillary.

Hillary thinks she's above everyone else, money or not.

Meh.

I certainly don't judge anyone regarding their finances, status, or words. Individually, one should always base judgment on actions. Real actions, not perceived. Lord knows, I have found some of the biggest dicks in this word to be from many various spectrums!

Trump, irregardless of what he says, is an idiot! If he provided his real tax information before election day...many will see that. But no, 7 years worth is under audit! Gasp. How convenient.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Lol, Don King is on my live feed.

He's going off pretty good for Trump.

Still has that hair, too. lol!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

More racist rubbish.

I don't think it's racist to point out that Trump is going to appeal mostly to white people. He hasn't been too supportive of blacks-- he's basically at odds with BLM. With Mexicans, he assumes "some" are probably good people. And Muslims... well total ban and holding peaceful Muslims accountable for attacks perpetrated by terrorists. Not much to inspire these people.

But if you're WHITE, and you're into tyrants and dictator-types--- Trump may be music to your ears.

So no real argument against Trump other than he's 'racist'.

Even though religion has nothing to do with RACE since it's an ideology learned out of a book,

An and ethnic group that's been going around throwing a temper tantrum because they don't like democratic rule.

And Hispanic is considered to be WHITE by Trump critics,

Yep Trump critics got NOTHING.

Other than to go around throwing pejoratives like it really means anything,

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join