It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 206
<< 203  204  205    207 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I should really remember to check my replies :-)

He has not "worked his way up" the political ladder. Indeed, he is probably not that "beholden" to anyone.

Nobody knows the system better than me. Which is why I alone can fix it.

No doubt you do understand it very well Donny - you're a very willing participant and beneficiary of that broken system. You are a player. What's your incentive to fix this (even if that was a skill or power you actually possessed)?

Why this doesn't raise more alarms with more conservatives is beyond me

I like to believe that the actual "power of the President" is actually fairly limited, as it should be, by the Constitution.

It is for now. All it would take is a few tweaks, some shifting circumstances and a fearful, panicky and supporting electorate (read: angry mob) to change some of that. Then later a little more - and then - done

I really dont' want to see that actuall put to the test, however, by the loosest cannon in known history.

It might not seem like it lately

But, I'm working very hard at not becoming some kind of alarmist, shrieking, chicken little-like Cassandra banshee

How'm I doing?

edit on 7/24/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: UKTruth

Stop evading. Unless you can show one instance of them actually implementing that strategy, you are espousing a falsehood... and you know it. Helping Trump destroy America will not make Little Britain great again.

Little Britain? Is that a national slur? You really need to try and stop with the hateful belittling of other peoples countries

This kind of hatred and prejudice seems to run right through the DNC ...
Go and actually read the wikileaks information - you really seem misinformed. Or switch on the news. You can;t miss it

Denying make you look more foolish, but it's great to see the desperation

I'm pretty sure Hitler and his Nazis hated Britain too.

Indeed - Hitler and the Nazi's belittled and attacked anyone who disagreed with their ideologies. We've seen a lot of the same behaviour with riotous protests and smear campaigns by the DNC.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

I love Britain; it was the member's agenda I was belittling.

Best not to attack by using one's country - it comes across as bigoted. At this time of DNC prejudice behaviour as highlghted by Bernie Sanders himself, it would be better to try and heal your party and stop with the prejudice behaviour.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Best not to attack by using one's country - it comes across as bigoted. At this time of DNC prejudice behaviour as highlghted by Bernie Sanders himself, it would be better to try and heal your party and stop with the prejudice behaviour.

Not my party, not my balloons. Why are you attacking my country?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Conservatives oppose Trump.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Conservatives oppose Trump.

Conservatives overwhelmingly support Trump

Try and do a better job of checking facts before blurting - especially if you are going to emphasise

edit on 24/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I have never attacked your country - and it's a fairly obvious deflection of your own national bigotry from earlier

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I have never attacked your country - and it's a fairly obvious deflection of your own national bigotry from earlier

Do I spend all of mine time posting on British sites trying to influence their elections?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Self identifying as a Republican does not mean that you are a true conservative. Trump has drawn Crypto-Nazis into the party.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Self identifying as a Republican does not mean that you are a true conservative. Trump has drawn Crypto-Nazis into the party.

The chart shows self identified conservatives (not Republicans).

Keep digging.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Do I spend all of mine time posting on British sites trying to influence their elections?

So you are saying talking about US politics on this site if you don't live in America is an attack on America?
Wow, that's incredible. You anti_trumpers really don't like any resistance to your views do you? Very authoritarian

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

So you are saying talking about US politics on this site if you don't live in America is an attack on America?
Wow, that's incredible. You anti_trumpers really don't like any resistance to your views do you? Very authoritarian

No... but you are not just talking politics, you are actively engaging in it. As for your enjoyment of watching people dig their own grave, I suspect it is more than just a figure of speech for you.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

How many American conservative voters do you know personally? I have conservative friends and family... they detest Trump and blame him for destroying the Republican party.
edit on 24-7-2016 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct autocorrect.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

No... but you are not just talking politics, you are actively engaging in it. As for your enjoyment of watching people dig their own grave, I suspect it is more than just a figure of speech for you.

I see, so you think that foreigners can watch but not engage in discussion LOL. Interesting, if slightly authoritarian perspective.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I see, so you think that foreigners can watch but not engage in discussion LOL. Interesting, if slightly authoritarian perspective.

Do you want to influence the people you are discussing things with or not?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

How many American conservative voters do you know personally? I have conservative friends and family... they detest Trump and blame him for destroying the Republican party.

So your family and mates said it so it must be true. Forget what 1'000s are saying in poll after poll after poll. Your straw poll of your family is far more insightful

As for me I know 100's of Americans personally through work from both sides of the political divide. As is pretty obvious from any source you care to look at, conservatives are mainly supporting Trump and liberals are mainly supporting Clinton. If you don;t understand that, you need to get more friends and widen your perspective.

As can be clearly demonstrated with those pesky facts - Conservatives overwhelmingly support Trump.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Do you want to influence the people you are discussing things with or not?

Do people that influence others to not agree with your perspective scare you? You seem to hate the idea. I am sure you will get to some point eventually with your anti foreigner attitude, but I have to say the journey is amusing.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am not anti-foreigner, I am anti-fascist. Trump is a fascist, just like Putin and Erdogan. Everyone can see what you are doing here, portraying the Democratic party as being in disarray, when it is the Republicans who booed a man who urged them to vote their conscience. If they are not voting their conscience why are they supporting Trump?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

In other words no, you not know any American conservatives and are just kibitzing out of ignorance.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I am not anti-foreigner, I am anti-fascist. Trump is a fascist, just like Putin and Erdogan. Everyone can see what you are doing here, portraying the Democratic party as being in disarray, when it is the Republicans who booed a man who urged them to vote their conscience. If they are not voting their conscience why are they supporting Trump?

The democratic party IS in disarray. Have you watched the news today or read any of the 20,000 leaked emails?
They just removed their party chairperson the day before the convention! Disarray is a pretty accurate description.

Here is a democrat, Van Jones, describing the 'disaster'...

The RNC is finished now - we discussed it at length. I am more interested in talking about the new DNC email scandal and prejudice against Bernie Sanders (his words)

new topics

top topics

<< 203  204  205    207 >>

join