It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I truly have hope again, and will pray for Mr. Trump's success to complete EVERYTHING he discussed tonight! God Bless Mr. Trump and America!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

What da Hell ? I Only Posted Once ...

Holy spam Batman!

Site has been having issues for hours.

No sweat.

My choice is clear.

Trump/Pence to Make America Sane Again.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Gryphon66

Do you not realize, that all of those problems are actually TRUE?

No, I do not realize those problems are true ... because they aren't.

Compare figures for international attitudes toward the US with those from 2008.

Read any headline today about the reaction of NATO to this maniac's ramblings.

In fact, take any rational measure on any factual spectrum you care to, and you will see that this speech is pure fascist propaganda.

Understanding history being a history major I can assure you nothing he said was fascist. Thus has been used before in amarican politics. You have Franklin Rosevelt and his promises to CAH ge amarica and again Ronald Reagan. Where amarica first was what got him elected.

Very well said

link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Gryphon66

Do you not realize, that all of those problems are actually TRUE?

No, I do not realize those problems are true ... because they aren't.

Compare figures for international attitudes toward the US with those from 2008.

Read any headline today about the reaction of NATO to this maniac's ramblings.

In fact, take any rational measure on any factual spectrum you care to, and you will see that this speech is pure fascist propaganda.

Understanding history being a history major I can assure you nothing he said was fascist.

Dunno. I've been reading up on Fascism.

It's like a tree with many branches.

link   
a reply to: Annee

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I can't wait for Monday.

The DNC has to re-write their entire strategy now.

Are they smart enough?

Watch out for many smear campaigns launching Friday.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm watching ABC. George Stephanopolis and Cookie Roberts cut it short after saying a few disparaging things. They looked like they'd seen a ghost, LOL!

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Annee

Hey! There's my Right Wing Christian Tea Party brother in the crowd.

We really don't speak.

link   
dp

edit on 21-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Nominees always say exciting things, but in the back of your mind, you know they're just saying it to win the Presidency.

I don't get that feeling at all with Donald Trump. Granted, he won't be able to get EVERYTHING, due to the balance of power built into our system, but HE WILL TRY HARDER than any President in recent memory. He certainly won't be afraid to visit Capital Hill, like Obama has been for 8 years.

Agreed. He has passion, and he definitely will try, and he will fight.

I really feel he will put American citizens first.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: ketsuko

Advocating for a political candidate or issue from the pulpit is prohibited. Prayer and worship, no problem.

It's OK for corporations to back a candidate publicly but I'd a church does that should be illegal? Doesn't make a lot of sense if a church supports a particular candidate how does this in anyway hurt anybody other than people that fear what they might say. Well as the speech is done I give it a C. He hit a lot of points but I don't think he can accomplish half of what he said.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
When's the first debate?

I can't wait.

Going to the gym for a late night lift to do my part in making America great again.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I'm watching ABC. George Stephanopolis and Cookie Roberts cut it short after saying a few disparaging things. They looked like they'd seen a ghost, LOL!

They should call Hillary for instructions...Oh,that's right...she doesn't answer those late night calls.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

MSNBC in total disarray.

They're all shaking and trembling.

Horrible commenting going on.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm certain the Clinton Machine is working overtime to TRY to find some negative spin to put on this.
They are probably freaking out.

We all have to keep that in mind for the next 109 days.
They are attack dogs, and they will be trying hard to twist everything that anyone says or does between now and then.
We have to be smart, and see through the smokescreen they will try to generate.

link   

link   
Bill Maher on hbo wont touch the speech

Trump did well

link   
I thought the speech was good, but it is not my type of thing. I know that its necessary and literally every politician does it, but I can't get over that all of these speeches are written by other people. I also would like to hear more specifics on policies, but again I know that is not what these speeches are really about.

I thought the speech was a little long, and also think that he could have did more to reach out to women and LEGAL immigrants.

Other than those things, I thought Trump did a good job. I think he is basically right about how bad the state of the country is, and I also thought he did a good job of trying to reach inner city people and the LGBT community. I find it funny that people criticized him for this saying this effort was cheap or token, and yet the same people would have said had he not said anything it would have proved he didn't care about them.

Although I like much of what Trump is doing, I in no means deify the man. I think that he is bold and bringing up issues that all politicians were either afraid or to corrupt to bring up such as illegal immigration, but I still am on the fence between him and Gary Johnson.

I will say to those on this board saying about how fascist this speech was, what hyperbole. So he talks about law and order and American exceptionalism, so what? I am tired of the Obama administrations constant division of us based on race, and apologizing for how awful this country is. Have we come to hate our country so much that talking about how great our country is equals fascism?

Was it fascists to point out how we not to stop nation building like Obama and Hillary have pushed, or do you think overthrowing governments and putting in puppet regimes is liberal or progressive?

As for the claim about all of the lies in the speech, by all means post them. For a bunch of people complaining there weren't enough details in his speech, you all are quick to include no details in just saying "Its all lies!!"

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Having been someone who falls for a smooth talking candidate... and thinking that may be a prerequisite for residing in the Oval Office, I found it quite refreshing to hear someone who may not be the smoothest politician...

Now we wait for next week's convention... As much as I loathe politics, I do appreciate this focus on our elected, every four years, I just wish we could focus every two... there is much more at stake to the future of our country, than who plants his arse in the oval office...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Nominees always say exciting things, but in the back of your mind, you know they're just saying it to win the Presidency.

I don't get that feeling at all with Donald Trump. Granted, he won't be able to get EVERYTHING, due to the balance of power built into our system, but HE WILL TRY HARDER than any President in recent memory. He certainly won't be afraid to visit Capital Hill, like Obama has been for 8 years.

You are SOOOO right!

Unfortunately some are gonna be pretty dumbfounded when changes start happening.

"you want me to do what?!" "my job?!" lol!!

top topics

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join