It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

In usual years, there is a definite front runner going into the convention. More of a festive atmosphere at the convention. There have been times when conventions have been more caustic. This year is not usual, nor are the times usual.

Starting in the 1980s, the Democratic Party disavowed any connection to its Far Left extremists, to the point of not allowing them to campaign under the Democratic name.. This was at a time when the Republican Party was building up its base, taking in Dixiecrats and combing them with its own extremists. So while the DP spurned extremism, the RP welcomed newcomers and started to nurture their own extremists. As I have written before, the RP in the 1990s began purging itself of members who were not "conservative enough", until, today, we are left with a party built on extremism. And, even the extremists are fighting, witness this years convention.

Over the years, the DP kept its moderates; it did not narrowed down to the extremes. Sure there could be differences and disappointments, but not to the level of the RP convention. This country has been brainwashed to think in terms of false equivalencies, so of course people will want to say that the DP will be just like the RP. The media may well look for these false equivalencies. The media may well report happenings as false equivalencies.

We live in interesting times.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
Did Lucifer get a shout out yet today?

TV isn't on and I'm out of the loop

yeah he did!.....he shouted out to all his republican supporters

No, he has not been seen.. he is busy rehearsing his keynote speech and the DNC next week.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Oh please. You think the infighting is bad on the GOP side?

Just wait and see what ruckus the Bernie supporters cause at the DNC.

Maybe, but I'm sure they watched the GOP convention and won't want to repeat that obvious cluster****!

There will be some passionate squabbles in the caucus rooms but they will project a unified front for the public.

I don't think it matters for them. They have had an 8 year long cluster f**k in office, so the convention won't be that important.
edit on 21/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Maybe, but I'm sure they watched the GOP convention and won't want to repeat that obvious cluster****!

There will be some passionate squabbles in the caucus rooms but they will project a unified front for the public.

I don't think it matters for them. They have had an 8 year long cluster f**k in office, so the convention won't be that important.

I totally understand your anger and disappointment that this GOP convention went south. Perhaps you should take your own advice that you gave me. Take some time off and gain some perspective. Your hate is eating you up and will eventually make you physically ill.
edit on 21-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I totally understand your anger and disappointment that this GOP convention went south. Perhaps you should take your own advice that you gave me. Take some time off and gain some perspective. Your hate is eating you up and will eventually make you physically ill.

Lol, touche.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Lol, touche.

I know you are a gentleman, a noble individual and I want the same thing for you that I want for myself. Peace, Love and a little slack....

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What happened to the LRAD's ??? Why arent they being utilized anymore? They seemed to work well to push people back before, and yet none have been at public demonstrations in years. Whats up with that??

I guess everyone just started wearing earplugs?? Should bust these out in California and Missouri when the communists saw fit to obstruct interstate highways and the flow of commerce.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Lol, touche.

I know you are a gentleman, a noble individual and I want the same thing for you that I want for myself. Peace, Love and a little slack....

What's a good debate without a little fun heh?
I look forward to your barbs during evening 4!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
In spite of the overblown MSM negative spin about Melania's speech...and Cruz's silly tantrum last night...this has been an excellent convention! I've enjoyed watching every night...and tonight will be awesome.

I remember democrat doomsayers predicting Armageddon...with Cleveland in flames. Congrats to the Cleveland P.D. for keeping things going so peaceful.

Hillary should only hope the DNC goes as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
In spite of the overblown MSM negative spin about Melania's speech...and Cruz's silly tantrum last night...this has been an excellent convention! I've enjoyed watching every night...and tonight will be awesome.

I remember democrat doomsayers predicting Armageddon...with Cleveland in flames. Congrats to the Cleveland P.D. for keeping things going so peaceful.

Hillary should only hope the DNC goes as well.

yes i agree - I have really enjoyed watching this time around. It's been refreshing to hear from a wider variety of people and the family speeches have been absolutely brilliant. There have been some bumps in the road for sure, but it has just made it more interesting.

Highlights so far:
Floor fight on rules on day 1
Don Jr's speech
Chris Christie
Laura Ingrham
Mike Pence
Ted Cruz
Eric Trump
Newt.
Pat Smith
Benghazi special forces guys.

Lowlight:
A very drunk Phil Ruffin
CNN's laughable coverage, especially that moronic Republican woman who they have on every night to bash trump with zero substance
Amanda carpenter being called in to comment on Ted Cruz's speech lol - AWKWARD

.oh and Scott Baio was great

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Lol, touche.

I've been easy on you guys up till now. Tonite I'll be properly hammered and will be post banned before the evening is thru.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Lol, touche.

I've been easy on you guys up till now. Tonite I'll be properly hammered and will be post banned before the evening is thru.

Unlikely - the stuff that has happened on this thread already will be hard to surpass!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I just received an interesting phone call, which put me right in the mood for tonight's festivities.

A family member called to say they went to buy furniture today, and their salesperson shared that he has known Donald Trump personally for 22 years!

This man said he plans to vote for Donald, and that in person Donald is a REALLY nice guy. He had only nice things to say about him.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Thursday: Make America One Again

America faces serious challenges at home and threats from abroad. In order to turn our challenges into opportunities and keep America secure, we need leadership that will focus on what unites us, not what divides us. Donald Trump will move our country beyond the divisive identity politics that have been holding us back by restoring leadership, building trust, and focusing on our shared love of country and our common goal of making America great again..

Primetime Program, 7:30 P.M.

Brock Mealer, Motivational Speaker
Brock Mealer is a walking miracle. After suffering a spinal cord injury on Christmas Eve of 2007, he was told he had a one percent chance he would ever walk again. Mealer’s story struck the hearts of millions of Americans. He sustained his injury in a car crash just five minutes away from his home. While his brother, an offensive lineman headed to the University of Michigan to play football, was able to free Brock from the wreckage, the two brothers lost their father, David, and Elliot’s girlfriend, Hollis Richer, in the crash. Today, Brock has conquered the odds and is able to walk again. He now shares his story with many, inspiring those he meets to join the one percent.

U.S Representative Marsha Blackburn (TN-7)
Rep. Marsha Blackburn was first elected to Congress from the 7th Congressional District of Tennessee in 2002. As a small business woman, author, mother, grandmother and Member of Congress, she has dedicated her service to making America a more prosperous place to live. No stranger to adversity and hard work, Marsha went to college on a 4-H scholarship and worked her way through school selling books for the Southwestern Company. She was one of their first female sales associates and one of their first female sales managers, assisting the company in establishing a division focused on women.

Governor Mary Fallin, Governor of Oklahoma
Mary Fallin is the current Governor of Oklahoma. The first woman elected to the job, Fallin earned the position through years of service to the people and the state of Oklahoma. Fallin started her career in politics serving two terms as a state representative. She then went on to serve as Lieutenant Governor, Congresswoman from the 5th District, and finally as Governor. Her tenure is also marked by the work she did when serving as the chairman of the National Governors Association, where she led a nationwide initiative to help better align education with the needs of a modern day workforce.

Dr. Lisa Shin, National Diversity Coalition for Trump
Dr. Lisa Shin, OD, is the owner of Los Alamos Family Eyecare, P.C. in Los Alamos, New Mexico. She is known and trusted as an authority on eye care and vision protection. Dr. Shin is a vocal supporter of Donald Trump. As a member of the National Diversity Coalition for Trump as well as a Trump delegate to the Republican National Convention, she has worked to support Donald Trump’s candidacy from New Mexico all the way to Cleveland, Ohio.

Reince Priebus, RNC Chairman
Reince Priebus’ three terms make him the longest-serving chairman in modern history. During his first term as chairman, Priebus oversaw a dramatic turnaround of the RNC, rescuing its finances, rebuilding the operations, and implementing the best ground game effort the committee had ever organized. Priebus dedicated his second term to taking the party’s message of freedom and economic opportunity to all states and all communities. By welcoming new voices and voters and harnessing the power of new technology, he led the RNC in building the infrastructure needed for a landslide GOP victory in the midterm elections. Now in his third term, Priebus is working to deliver victories in races across the country in the 2016 campaign.

Jerry Falwell, Jr., President of Liberty University and evangelical leader
Jerry Falwell, Jr. is currently serving as the President of Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia, appointed in 2007 after the death of his father, Jerry Falwell, Sr. Falwell attended Liberty University himself after which he earned his J.D. from the University of Virginia Law School. During his career he has worked in private practice and served as General Counsel for his father’s entities. Falwell is an evangelical leader and a proven Republican who stands up for America’s faith and liberties.

Peter Thiel, Venture Capitalist
As a venture capitalist and entrepreneur, he has been involved in some of the most dynamic companies to emerge from Silicon Valley over the past two decades. In 1998, Thiel made e-commerce easier, faster, and more secure by co-founding PayPal, defining a new era of fast and secure online commerce. He was the first outside investor and director at Facebook, and also launched Palantir Technologies, where he serves as chairman of the board of directors. Peter established and funds the Thiel Foundation, which promotes freedom in all its forms while working to advance technological progress and long-term thinking about the future.

Tom Barrack, CEO of Colony Capital
Tom Barrack is a real estate investor and the Founder and Executive Chairman of Colony Capital. Prior to starting his own business, Barrack served in the Reagan administration as Deputy Undersecretary of the Department of the Interior. Barrack and Donald Trump have worked together on many real estate deals during their time in business. They have developed a mutual admiration and respect, leading Barrack to support Trump’s bid to be President of the United States.

Ivanka Trump, Daughter of Donald Trump and EVP at the Trump Organization
Ivanka Trump is a real estate executive, entrepreneur, wife and mother. As Executive Vice President of Acquisitions and Development at the Trump Organization, she is leading some of the company’s most high-profile deals, including the $200-million conversion of the historic Old Post Office in Washington, DC into a luxury hotel and the $250-million renovation of the iconic Doral Golf Resort in Miami. Ivanka is also the founder of the fashion line Ivanka Trump Collection.

Donald J. Trump, Republican presumptive candidate for President of the United States

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Jerry Falwell, Jr.?

Maybe I shouldn't find that odd, but I do. It seems so out of place.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: BlueAjah

Jerry Falwell, Jr.?

Maybe I shouldn't find that odd, but I do. It seems so out of place.

He was a big influence in winning evangelical votes for Trump.. probably a tip of the hat for all his help. Plus he delivers a pretty powerful message about Trump who he has known for years.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I thought it was Cruz that had Gods endorsement as the anointed one. Perhaps with Rev. Falwells connections they can work out a transfer to Trump.

Didn't work out for Cruz though.....
www.alternet.org...

edit on 21-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Lol, touche.

Have at it. I think it's also Tequila-Karaoke night for 'Silly'...so there should be some entertaining criticism from the Lefties.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I thought it was Cruz that had Gods endorsement as the anointed one. Perhaps with Rev. Falwells connections they can work out a transfer to Trump.

Didn't work out for Cruz though.....
www.alternet.org...

Cruz was never the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy.

Sorry, can never resist a good Monty Python sketch when the opportunity arises.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Lol, touche.

Have at it. I think it's also Tequila-Karaoke night for 'Silly'...so there should be some entertaining criticism from the Lefties.

I think we should have a gentelmans rule that the following words/phrases are restricted to one use only:
bloviate
Hitler
narcissistic
fascist
orange
cheetoh
hair
low information
bully
policy detail
plan
plagurise

...oh and definitely cognitive dissonance

Or we could just play word bingo with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join