It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
During this pause between July 20th and July 21st, let me ask a question..

Donald Trump will undoubtedly get a bounce in the polls after this convention. He'll be x or xx number of points ahead of Hillary this weekend.

Before the Democrat convention kicks off, is there anything else pending against Hillary that could turn her convention into a mourning event? It seemed that before the latest terror attacks took over the news, Hillary was dodging arrows, one after another, every few days. If there is big "something" in the works, shouldn't it be unleashed against her before the Democratic Convention starts, this coming Monday July 25th?

Last I heard, the House was supposedly indicting Hillary for something. But it came to a halt with all the police murders and overseas attacks, didn't it?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You really think this convention has been a success so far???

That it's making Trump look good???

Or making the Conservative Party look good???

Are you watching it while on acid or something, because what I've seen is a divided Republican Party fighting with itself. Obvious pandering with completely empty speeches by people that were celebrity status when I was a child and even then celebrity is a bit too much in their favor and what seems to me like a convention of almost dead ideology whispering it's last breath and cry for help.

What channel are you watching???

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: carewemust

You really think this convention has been a success so far???

That it's making Trump look good???

Or making the Conservative Party look good???

Are you watching it while on acid or something, because what I've seen is a divided Republican Party fighting with itself. Obvious pandering with completely empty speeches by people that were celebrity status when I was a child and even then celebrity is a bit too much in their favor and what seems to me like a convention of almost dead ideology whispering it's last breath and cry for help.

What channel are you watching???

I think it's been a good convention so far - but Ted Cruz put a big dent in it last night.
What you call a last breath of an almost dead ideology, I call a first breath of freedom in the resurrection of the country.
edit on 21/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It has certainly been an unconventional convention.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Now we know why Cruz's donors have diverted cash to Clinton... Cruz has been a Bush insider since he started in politics so it makes sense that he would support the Bush's closest allies, the Clinton's

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Isn't this what Cruz said last night?

edit on 7-21-2016 by Squirlli because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-21-2016 by Squirlli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

Of course, they're going to try to jump on it. If you think Cruz was endorsing Hillary, you're nuts.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

"What you call a last breath of an almost dead ideology, I call a first breath of freedom in the resurrection of the country."

If you mean the conservative brand of freedom that makes laws against women....never.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Cruz has always been a slime ball and the guy gives me the willys. He signed a pledge months ago to endorse and support the nominee whoever it was. He lied. Big surprise there. I'm pretty sure that goes against his christian values, to swear an oath and refuse to uphold it, especially because he is butt hurt about losing.

So if he is going to lie to the party, and to his followers, why is it so hard to believe that he would also secretly side with Clinton?

He was never going to endorse Trump, from day one, he knew it wasn't going to happen. He lied and said he would. LIED. Sure Trump may have lied too, but we won't actually know for sure because he took the nomination, and therefor there is no reason for him to follow through with that pledge.

If Cruz is that upset about losing, and feels that he was so wronged, then who knows maybe he accepted a bribe from the clintons, they are exactly the type to swoop in, in his state of weakness and promise to make it all better.

The guy is a slime ball. It's not outside the realm of possibilities.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: BlueAjah
If he does not endorse Trump, I am not even sharing my notes.

At least Cruz is a man of principle.

Principled? Maybe. But if he had his sights set on being POTUS in 2020, he just ruined his chances. What you say is principled, John Q. Public sees a selfish, sore loser. He may have his handful of delegates that support him, but he'll never get the popular vote from the base, as proven out in the primaries.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
During this pause between July 20th and July 21st, let me ask a question..

Donald Trump will undoubtedly get a bounce in the polls after this convention. He'll be x or xx number of points ahead of Hillary this weekend.

Before the Democrat convention kicks off, is there anything else pending against Hillary that could turn her convention into a mourning event? It seemed that before the latest terror attacks took over the news, Hillary was dodging arrows, one after another, every few days. If there is big "something" in the works, shouldn't it be unleashed against her before the Democratic Convention starts, this coming Monday July 25th?
Last I heard, the House was supposedly indicting Hillary for something. But it came to a halt with all the police murders and overseas attacks, didn't it?

Good Question.
With Crooked Hillary....there's always another scandal waiting to break. My guess is something will break in a strategically-timely manner.

Unfortunately, Terrorism never sleeps either.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

"What you call a last breath of an almost dead ideology, I call a first breath of freedom in the resurrection of the country."

If you mean the conservative brand of freedom that makes laws against women....never.

Or makes laws to protect life against murderers - depends which way you look at it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Oh, you mean that makes you responsible for you own choices rather than forcing me to pay for them?

If you want me out of your bedroom, then you need to own your decisions ... and pay for them yourself.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, you mean that makes you responsible for you own choices rather than forcing me to pay for them?

If you want me out of your bedroom, then you need to own your decisions ... and pay for them yourself.

ok, just my 2 cents but...the way you are phrasing this or trying to prove your point "If you want me out of your bedroom" and "pay for them yourself" just doesn't make any sense. Its idiocracy at its best. We, women of America, do pay for our own birth control, its called insurance. In no way shape or form do you pay for our birth control or abortions. And in no way shape or form do we want you in our bedrooms so yes...stay out. Also, how do you know that MOMof3 does not own her own decision? ......YOU DONT! A lot of your other posts seem very level headed, but you lost me on this one.

Sorry

edit on 21-7-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Many are getting healthcare they don't pay for because they are on welfare. That's what people are against. Pay for your own birth control and abortions if you want them. People act like they are going to lose the right to murder their babies, and that's just not true.

They want that right up until the due date! It's disgusting.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

When people demand tax payer subsidizing for both birth control and abortion, they are pulling me into those things. This is the drive for war on women. They want free birth control and abortion on demand subsidized by the tax payer.

If I am being asked to pony up funds for it, then I am, by default, in their bedrooms.

I would ordinarily agree that what they choose to do is their own choice, but then they want tax payers, which includes all of us, to pay for it. You can argue that it's indirect, but the fact remains the same - they want to play, but not to pay. They want others to pay, and if we're paying, then we also have a say in their playing.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sure Chipper. Just keep chip,chip,chipping away at our rights. How is that working out for the conservative party?

And I don't know what you are talking about. I paid for my three births and now they are all 30ish with jobs and family.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Can't wait for tonite to see the GOP try and put a positive spin on this disaster.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

Many?

What is the percentage of people on welfare?

So you are not upset with the working woman who pays taxes to have an abortion or get birth control but only the ones (small percentage) who are on hard times?

You are letting this small unfortunate percentage bother you bc...???

You are not paying for anyone else's healthcare...you are paying taxes. The idea that you think you are paying for other peoples healthcare is asinine. Its the price you pay to be an American citizen. Yes...there are government programs for the unfortunate but that is not of your business. All of the misery and worry you put into these government programs is a waste, maybe you should pick up an instrument and put that energy into something good.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

By intention nth him twice and not endorsing him? Yeah.

new topics

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join