It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: CynConcepts

As a pro-Trump supporter, I can tell you how I feel - The MSM and the Clinton campaign are in panic mode, and this is going to get ugly. There will be much dirt slung, but it has to be considered with the goal in mind. They really do not like that the RNC convention is hitting Hillary hard, so they are attacking in return.

The next 110 days are going to be very interesting!

I can agree with the interesting part! Not being a Trump supporter nor Clinton Supporter, I am finding this fascinating. I did vote for Kasich in my Primary. I don't blame him for not being at the convention. He has to be extremely frustrated if Trump's son did make that offer, as stated in the article!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: BlueAjah

The RNC convention has been nothing but mud-slinging and ugliness against Hillary. Does that mean they are in panic mode as well?

We'll see. Personally I believe this is a very planned decision as a stage in the campaign... i.e. they are on the front foot. Not so sure it will work, but I don't think it's panic. If it gets to September and none of this has worked I think we might see some panic then.
I do think Clinton made a mistake by going after Trump so hard after she locked up the DNC nomination. If she had played it differently I think Trump would have been less extreme. She obviously believes she can win in a gutter fight, but others thought that too.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: gladtobehere

I am not surprised. The Libertarian Party really is an extreme wing of the Republican Party. It's ideology grew out of big business in the 1940s, David Koch ran on its 1980 ticket, but he shortly after returned to the Republican Party and has spent the intervening years and much money to take-over the R P from the inside. He has been fairly successful in getting his extreme views as mainstream. Also, I think Reason magazine has been reporting from the convention.

Also, interesting is that Gary Johnson is ex-republican and his VP Bill Weld (republican) was backing Kasich 3 weeks before becoming the Liberterian VP! Very interesting, but also, why I am voting for the Liberterians this election!
edit on 7 20 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

A good modern way to think of it.

I've always understood conventions to be a Party event and a party event. It is where the Party fulfills its obligation to put up a candidate for POTUS and VPOTUS. It's for Party members (delegates, etc), much as the Academy Awards (the Oscars) are for Academy members, but we watch on via tv. The Party platform is also formally adopted at the convention.

It is a big production, a festive atmosphere (usually), a time for the Party to celebrate and yet gear up for the campaigning to come.

I am looking forward to Cruz's speech. I wonder, when he was anointed at the Marriott Hotel in Des Moines, Iowa, in July 2013, to be one of God's kings on Earth, if he mixed up the years God told him he would be POTUS. We'll see.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

And my post points out why I never could vote Libertarian.

A word to the wise, it is still good not to get drunk and discuss politics with family members. Although family members, if they really love you, will forgive you. God bless my family!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

And my post points out why I never could vote Libertarian.

A word to the wise, it is still good not to get drunk and discuss politics with family members. Although family members, if they really love you, will forgive you. God bless my family!

I never dreamed this day would come for me. Most third parties are loonies than the DNC and RNC...but my conscience says even a 50% agreement with them is better than 100% believing a complete con and liar. Ahem. Trump and Clinton. I just can't do it!

Only watching this Convention since it seems obvious that the Repubs will be imploding and will be washed out come 2020! History in the making!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Time for round 3!
"Make America First Again"!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Time for round 3!

Laura Inghram is first up...always find her to be reasonable

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
you ain`t seen nothing yet just wait until the clinton/trump debates then you`ll see mud slinging and ugliness.I expect that trump will make hillary cry and she`ll walk off the stage and refuse to do anymore debates with him.or she`ll pull a jack nicholson in "a few good men"

edit on 20-7-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I thought the RNC convention was about making America a safe space from Clinton.

AmmIright?
edit on 20-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Did it start yet?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Did it start yet?

Not yet.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Did it start yet?

Convention LINK:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Time for round 3!

Laura Inghram is first up...always find her to be reasonable

Looking forward to hearing her too.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Another reason why I won't vote that ticket. Kasich is about as far from libertarian as you can get on the Republican slate.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I watch it on Republican National Convention channel, just thought it didn't work because the convention is apparently late...do they not have mercy for us in Europe...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
25 minutes into CNN's broadcast . 25 minutes of Melania's speech.

People are going to see through CNN. They are overdoing their bias.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Another reason why I won't vote that ticket. Kasich is about as far from libertarian as you can get on the Republican slate.

On the Republican slate, I agree. Kasich is not a good republican. He tends to be more reasonable on matters of war and freedom. That doesn't match any republican ideal.

As far as real libertarian views, he does quite well.

He would of been a great alternative to Hillary.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Only watching this Convention since it seems obvious that the Repubs will be imploding and will be washed out come 2020! History in the making!

Do you really think it will take that long!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: ketsuko

On the Republican slate, I agree. Kasich is not a good republican. He tends to be more reasonable on matters of war and freedom. That doesn't match any republican ideal.

As far as real libertarian views, he does quite well.

He would of been a great alternative to Hillary.

Kasich would never be a good pick for anything except food taster. That's the role he should have played at the convention. He would have saved a lot of people from the norovirus.

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join