It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: UKTruth

I'm waiting for Ted Nugent!!

One of the most despicable individuals ever to come out of the entertainment industry but that SOB can Rock. I respect that but come on....Scott Baio.

Even my republican compadres here in the press office face palmed that one and mentioned how out of touch the Trump convention has been and these are staunch Republicans. I sneak peak at their tablets and they are secretively perusing the Gov. Gary site. What's that tell ya?

Not to mention the Trump kids telling us how much they love their daddy....even the die hard family values folks gagged on that BS.

You are thinking in terms of celebrity.

Did you know Scott Baio's daughter was born with a rare disorder which prompted him to start a charity with his wife to help other families financially dealing with similar issues and newborn screening? You know just a regular guy who seems to care about other people. I'd rather hear from the likes of him than a hotshot celebrity or politician thanks. Our elected leaders are supposed to represent us, not Hollywood.

I see you have faith in the "system" I don't. I was always cynical but lost even any semblance of respect for anything remotely political with the "hanging chad" Bush debacle not to mention my military experience during that era. Now elections are just light entertainment anyway, just filled with BS pandering and self interest agendas that don't have anything to do with my life; Except the GOP writes my paycheck as a line producer currently... I'm a professional above all else. I think it's naive and stupid to think our elected leaders give a flyin **** about the electorate, in a Oligarchian system that favors Corporations. Trump won't change that and neither will Clinton.

If the Mayberry RFD world make you happy; more power to you. My best to Andy, Goober and Aunt Bea. Opie is a friend of mine and we feel the same way but for different reasons. Just like corparations...Hollywood is people too. And whether you like it or not I'm proud to be a Union man in the entertainment business.

www.sagaftra.org...
iatse.net...
edit on 20-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Someone said Gary Johnson was there?

Live stream for later:

CNN live:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: desert

Someone said Gary Johnson was there?

Live stream for later:

CNN live:

I think there is also a new 24hr CNN channel focused solely on Melania's 2 paragraphs. This week the focus is on the work 'values'. they have a team of pundits to discuss the word, the delivery in her speech and who else has said it over the years.

On a serious note - thanks for the convention links.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I'm waiting for Ted Nugent!!

One of the most despicable individuals ever to come out of the entertainment industry but that SOB can Rock. I respect that but come on....Scott Baio.

Even my republican compadres here in the press office face palmed that one and mentioned how out of touch the Trump convention has been and these are staunch Republicans. I sneak peak at their tablets and they are secretively perusing the Gov. Gary site. What's that tell ya?

Not to mention the Trump kids telling us how much they love their daddy....even the die hard family values folks gagged on that BS.

You are thinking in terms of celebrity.

Did you know Scott Baio's daughter was born with a rare disorder which prompted him to start a charity with his wife to help other families financially dealing with similar issues and newborn screening? You know just a regular guy who seems to care about other people. I'd rather hear from the likes of him than a hotshot celebrity or politician thanks. Our elected leaders are supposed to represent us, not Hollywood.

I see you have faith in the "system" I don't. I was always cynical but lost even any semblance of respect for anything remotely political with the "hanging chad" Bush debacle not to mention my military experience during that era. Now elections are just light entertainment anyway, just filled with BS pandering and self interest agendas that don't have anything to do with my life; Except the GOP writes my paycheck as a line producer currently... I'm a professional above all else. I think it's naive and stupid to think our elected leaders give a flyin **** about the electorate, in a Oligarchian system that favors Corporations. Trump won't change that and neither will Clinton.

If the Mayberry RFD world make you happy; more power to you. My best to Andy, Goober and Aunt Bea. Opie is a friend of mine and we feel the same way but for different reasons. Just like corparations...Hollywood is people too. And whether you like it or not I'm proud to be a Union man in the entertainment business.

www.sagaftra.org...
iatse.net...

I have no faith in the system at all which is why I don't want to listen to politicians. Having said that i recognise how important they are to shaping the world, therefore I hold my nose and keep up to speed with what the 'system' is doing (to us). It's refreshing to me to hear from real people at this convention. That's all.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

UK, the RNC just as the DNC will be is a staged event from beginning to end. It is pure political theatre.

You aren't hearing from "the common people" ... in my opinion ... you're hearing from carefully prepped individuals who have been basically given scripts.

All politics is a performance and an artifice. I've started thinking of it lately as a role-playing game, to preserve a bit of sanity.

In my opinion only.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

UK, the RNC just as the DNC will be is a staged event from beginning to end. It is pure political theatre.

You aren't hearing from "the common people" ... in my opinion ... you're hearing from carefully prepped individuals who have been basically given scripts.

All politics is a performance and an artifice. I've started thinking of it lately as a role-playing game, to preserve a bit of sanity.

In my opinion only.

Probably, but can you at least let me have my fantasy of a real convention until next Friday please?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I am not surprised. The Libertarian Party really is an extreme wing of the Republican Party. It's ideology grew out of big business in the 1940s, David Koch ran on its 1980 ticket, but he shortly after returned to the Republican Party and has spent the intervening years and much money to take-over the R P from the inside. He has been fairly successful in getting his extreme views as mainstream. Also, I think Reason magazine has been reporting from the convention.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Sorry.

My bad.

I think it's going to be a great night ... I'm sure Mr. Cruz is going to find a way to rally everyone together and ... and ...

Uh.

Well, UK, I hope it goes well, let's leave it at that.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I am curious to hear Cruz tonight. I would think that he would be upset that Trump didn't ask him to be VP like they did with Kasich before picking Pence? Or did they? Wonder if Cruz received the same offer Kasich did? Also, curious if after today's article if those Pro- Trump supporters will begin to wonder...'who did we really elect to be our Presidential candidate?'

Edit add : NYTimes Source

edit on 7 20 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

What time is Cruz on?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Cruz would be very happy if Trump appointed him to the Supreme Court.
edit on 20-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Cruz doesn't have the experience on the bench that others do.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

As a pro-Trump supporter, I can tell you how I feel - The MSM and the Clinton campaign are in panic mode, and this is going to get ugly. There will be much dirt slung, but it has to be considered with the goal in mind. They really do not like that the RNC convention is hitting Hillary hard, so they are attacking in return.

The next 110 days are going to be very interesting!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

What time is Cruz on?

Running order is on pg106 - posted by @blueajah
Cruz is 12th on. The speeches are about 10 minutes each on average so I would expect it to be at about 930ish... Rubio is on via video feed before him and that might be somewhat interesting too.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Cruz would be very happy if Trump appointed him to the Supreme Court.

That will not happen. Many in his own party cannot stand him and there has been some concern expressed about his wife working for the CFR.

He has become a bit "toxic" at this point.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Not sure on timings of individual speakers. blueajah provided the list on previous page 106 of tonight's events and speakers. Cruz is listed in 12th place and Pence as the final speaker!

Edit add: ah! You beat me to it! So frustrated that my IPad keeps crashing. Comcast went down for me last night, fingers crossed I can watch it all live tonight.

edit on 7 20 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The RNC convention has been nothing but mud-slinging and ugliness against Hillary. Does that mean they are in panic mode as well?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

edit on 20-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

As with the primary, when Trump defends himself the media and DNC will launch into Trump and accuse him of doing the attacking. I hope people can see through this typical tactic.

Trump will have to give some measured rebuttals.

link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

As a pro-Trump supporter, I can tell you how I feel - The MSM and the Clinton campaign are in panic mode, and this is going to get ugly. There will be much dirt slung, but it has to be considered with the goal in mind. They really do not like that the RNC convention is hitting Hillary hard, so they are attacking in return.

The next 110 days are going to be very interesting!

This is exactly right IMO. With this election we are not only going to see how strong this anti establishment movement really is, we're also going to see just how much the media have lost the audience...

top topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join