It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Perhaps we should discuss the elephant in the room. Trump has the overwhelming support of white people but the American demographic has changed. For Trump to win the general election, some how he needs to over come his distrust from minorities and especially Hispanics. I don't think generating hate and fear can do it. It may endear him to his white conservative base but is still a losing proposition.

And that is what the RNC is all about. Former and current Trump workers are speaking tonight and tomorrow night. Some are Hispanic and some are from Poland too etc and others.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: -Blackout-

And hopefully he will never get the chance to.

Didn't anyone notice that despite that unfortunate incident that the Clinton's are still married. (To each other)

Long term marriages face many challenges. It's the ability to weather those storms that makes a family strong.
My husband's parents were married 60 years. My parents were married 42years.(both ended when one parent passed away) I myself am married 34years.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

And hopefully he will never get the chance to.

Didn't anyone notice that despite that unfortunate incident that the Clinton's are still married. (To each other)

Long term marriages face many challenges. It's the ability to weather those storms that makes a family strong.
My husband's parents were married 60 years. My parents were married 42years.(both ended when one parent passed away) I myself am married 34years.

I am convinced by the information that i have seen that Bill Clinton, while being tremendously charismatic, is a rapist. And that his wife has assisted him in covering it up and therefore committing more predatory behavior, because it gets her more status to do so.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Ugh. This thread is 100 pages already, with 2 nights to go on the convention.
And we are chit-chatting?

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Attention.....

Please keep the posts about the RNC convention.

Anything else is considered Off Topic.

Do not reply to this post.

Can you re-post the running order for tonight... it's getting lost in the liberal activist derailing.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
btw, my assessment of Trumps appeal to various demographics is purely academic and closely related to my job with the GOP here locally.

I'm firmly in the Gov. Gary Johnson's camp

Reality's a bitch aint it?

edit on 20-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

sorry for my liberal activist derailing

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

btw, my assessment to Trumps appeal to various demographics is purely academic and closely related to my job with the GOP here locally.

I'm firmly in the Gov. Gary Johnsons camp.

Your reality is a bitch? I am sorry to hear that.

Seriously though, it's sill very early. Who knows what will happen in the next few months.
I think jobs will be the key factor for republican and independent African Americans.... If trump can build on his lead over Clinton on perception on who is best for the economy then he may start to win more African American votes.

I don't think last night at the convention did much though - it was supposed to be about jobs, but not enough came through in the speeches.
edit on 20/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: -Blackout-

Perhaps we should discuss the elephant in the room. Trump has the overwhelming support of white people but the American demographic has changed. For Trump to win the general election, some how he needs to over come his distrust from minorities and especially Hispanics. I don't think generating hate and fear can do it. It may endear him to his white conservative base but is still a losing proposition.

And that is what the RNC is all about. Former and current Trump workers are speaking tonight and tomorrow night. Some are Hispanic and some are from Poland too etc and others.

Poland you say....That should win a few minorities into the RNC fold.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Clinton's campaign does have its work cut out for it. However, I think the American people will tire of a constant barrage of empty jibes. We're already tired (about 57%) of the whole mess.

Seriously G ?

After MONTHS of Trumps a racist. Trumps a Islamphobe. played nonstop 24/7.

INSULTING the guy.

Compared to what the GOP has done for the last two days.

TOLD over 22 million people WHAT her record WAS.

Sans INSULTS.
edit on 20-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Hillary is pro gun. She's also pro keep assault weapons off the streets and she's pro keep the guns out of the hands of people who are crazy. And she's also pro check who the frock you're giving a gun to and saying if they are on a no fly list they should be looked at a little more carefully.
You now stuff that will keep bullets out of our kids heads.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

btw, my assessment to Trumps appeal to various demographics is purely academic and closely related to my job with the GOP here locally.

I don't think last night at the convention did much though - it was supposed to be about jobs, but not enough came through in the speeches.

I'm interested in your assesment.

Do you think that the constant anti Clinton harangue and avoidance of a substantive platform, is a viable approach?

So far the convention seems like just one Yuuuge campaign ad with little or no solutions facing the Nation.

Will negative campaigning win the election? Is the American electorate tired of this BS. As a Libertarian, I am and that one of the reasons I favor Gov. Gary..... Solutions, not BS.

edit on 20-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Hillary is pro gun. She's also pro keep assault weapons off the streets and she's pro keep the guns out of the hands of people who are crazy. And she's also pro check who the frock you're giving a gun to and saying if they are on a no fly list they should be looked at a little more carefully.
You now stuff that will keep bullets out of our kids heads.

No she isn't.

“Any right that requires you to take extraordinary measures to access it is no right at all,” Clinton said at that event.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

He can't be a rapist he's not Mexican. (Sarcasm folks don't call the anti-defamation league)
edit on 7202016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Do you think that the constant anti Clinton harangue and avoidance of a substantive platform, is a viable approach?

So far the convention seems like just one Yuuuge campaign ad with little or no solutions facing the Nation.

Will negative campaigning win the election? Is the American electorate tired of this BS.

If this is all the Trump campaign has, then he will lose. Collectively people will become exhausted at the barrage of accusations. Right now, in my view, it is mainly the left that is reacting and screaming over the attacks, but I think there will be many that will reflect on what is being said. As I said before an election is a court of opinion, not a court of law, so people will make up their own minds.

After a while though, independents and Republicans will start tiring of the negativity towards Clinton - they may even start to feel sorry for her.

I suspect that this is a phase of the campaign and as we approach November it will shift. As I said, if it does not, then I believe Trump will lose.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

* RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)

Racist.

Xenophobe.

Islamophobe.

Trump critics sure do love Allisnky.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Will negative campaigning win the election? Is the American electorate tired of this BS.

If this is all the Trump campaign has, then he will lose. Collectively people will become exhausted at the barrage of accusations. Right now, in my view, it is mainly the left that is reacting and screaming over the attacks, but I think there will be many that will reflect on what is being said. As I said before an election is a court of opinion, not a court of law, so people will make up their own minds.

After a while though, independents and Republicans will start tiring of the negativity towards Clinton - they may even start to feel sorry for her.

I suspect that this is a phase of the campaign and as we approach November it will shift. As I said, if it does not, then I believe Trump will lose.

Thank you!! It's refreshing to hear someone that hasn't let their ideology get in the way of their common sense.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I'm not saying his kids do not adore him. That could very well be true. I just do not believe your statement was correct in that his family are a great example for America.

You are going to have to put in some overtime to try and dampen the feeling America is getting that Trump has done a great job with his children.

The "feeling America is getting"? That statement is very odd. What evidence did you use to come to a conclusion about what America as a whole are feeling?

If you said how the Right Wing feels, I may agree, but America in general?

Honestly, you are talking as if you are one of his campaign staffers.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Trump critics sure do love Allisnky.

And so do conservatives

The Right loves to hate - and imitate - Saul Alinsky

And from Townhall

12 Ways To Use Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals Against Liberals

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
ATTENTION

This thread's topic is the Republican National Convention. The topic is not Democratic, Libertarian, or Green Party candidates, who they may have lewd relations with, who may have been killed, or who the shooter on the grassy knoll is. Please keep commentary to the thread topic. Off topic posts will be removed as off topic.

And, as always, please do not respond to this message.

Thank you,

bigfatfurrytexan
ATS Moderator

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

For a night that was supposed to be about jobs and the economy there was very little content in that vein.
Instead we had a mock trial and cheerleading with the word job said once and that was in a sentence bashing Clinton.
Then we're treated to Ben Carson implying that Clinton is a devil worshipper.
Clinton or Hillary was mentioned five times to one over the words work job or economy.

Great focus RNC

Tonight :Make America grow again.

Will it be all about Clinton again?
Probably.

99gazillionbillionmillion votes for Hillary.

new topics

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join