It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC needs to go!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Scotland gets a Tory party and Prime Minister they never voted for. Get's dragged out of Europe, something else they never voted for. Has 800 unelected Lords and hereditary peers they never voted for, a unelected head of state they never voted for..... Sound like anything you know.?

Then # off then.

No ones stopping you.

You even had a vote to piss off.

Just call a 2nd referendum and be done with it. Scotland's bitching is pathetic.
99% of the English don't give a # about Scotland and if it stays. Go clear off.

I'm Confused here. Have we to F### off, P### off or Clear off..

Dont you get it?

Know one in England cares.

You can go. The only people stopping Scottish Independence is the Scottish.

Will you stop trying to talk for England? You don't. I've no wish for Scotland to go unless the overwhelming majority want to.

I really don't get your attitude sometimes, you can come across as a reasonable person then revert to being an idiot.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Scotland gets a Tory party and Prime Minister they never voted for. Get's dragged out of Europe, something else they never voted for. Has 800 unelected Lords and hereditary peers they never voted for, a unelected head of state they never voted for..... Sound like anything you know.?

Then # off then.

No ones stopping you.

Just call a 2nd referendum and be done with it. Scotland's bitching is pathetic.

Dont you get it?

Will you stop trying to talk for England? You don't. I've no wish for Scotland to go unless the overwhelming majority want to.

I really don't get your attitude sometimes, you can come across as a reasonable person then revert to being an idiot.

How is that not reasonable? If Scotland truly want to go? Let them.

Be unreasonable to not let them.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Then # off then.

No ones stopping you.

Dont you get it?

How is that not reasonable? If Scotland truly want to go? Let them.

Be unreasonable to not let them.

Why do you then make the statement that 99% of English people want them to go? Why do you keep thinking we all share your opinion? It's all in your head.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The BBC is the biggest waste of my money ever, the only thing BBC that's on in my house is my wife watching EastEnders, i'l happily live without that crap on my tv any day

Only thing I do use is BBC weather but thats supplied by the MET office so not really BBC at all, I just like the way they display it but again i'd happily live without it

We should be allowed the option of opting out of BBC

#BBCEXIT, #BREXITS all over and done with now so need something else to bitch and moan about

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Soloprotocol makes it seems like its the English keeping Scotland in and preventing it from leaving.

It not.

If Scotland truly wanted to leave then the English would not stop them. Most might not want them to go but wouldn't stop them.

The only people holding back Scottish independence is the Scottish and no one else.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Soloprotocol makes it seems like its the English keeping Scotland in and preventing it from leaving.

It not.

If Scotland truly wanted to leave then the English would not stop them. Most might not want them to go but wouldn't stop them.

The only people holding back Scottish independence is the Scottish and no one else.

That's not the point, but you don't seem to like keeping to them. You said 99% of England wants Scotland to leave - a figure that is no where but in your head. I would rather Scotland stayed as I think unions are stronger together - you don't, obviously, but if an overwhelming majority of people living in Scotland want to leave then there should be a referendum and I believe we would all be the poorer for it. As we will outside of the EU, but hey, that's opinions for you.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

It not.

Never mind trying to shift blame here. You are the one who Brought all things Scotland, The SNP and Nicola Sturgeon into this thread only for it to backfire on you. You really are starting to sound like a petulant child now. But Solo said this...and...and...Solo said that. but...but..but...whaaaaaaaaaa.

You really should ask the Mods to delete this thread. You started off whinging about the BBC then quote the BBC to back up a falsehood. You couldn't make it up. But then, You just did.

edit on 18-7-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You are the one who Brought all things Scotland, The SNP and Nicola Sturgeon into this thread only for it to backfire on you.

How?
Scotland feet dragging is part of the hold up.

You started off whinging about the BBC then quote the BBC to back up a falsehood.

Back up what false hood?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You are the one who Brought all things Scotland, The SNP and Nicola Sturgeon into this thread only for it to backfire on you.

How?
Scotland feet dragging is part of the hold up.

You started off whinging about the BBC then quote the BBC to back up a falsehood.

Back up what false hood?

May can sign article 50 today, she's already had the go ahead from the voting public. She's doesn't need the Scottish governments permission to do so.

You said (That Bitch Sturgeon) has plans to veto Brexit. Once again, The Scottish government does not have the power veto Brexit. That Falsehood.

A falsehood perpetrated by the BBC in the form of tweets based on what she "supposedly" said on the Andrew Marr Show. She said nothing of the sort
And if you have a grievence with the SNP "Dragging it's feet" then tough titty. Westminster is about to spend £167 billion dumping weapons of mass destruction on our doorstep again and they have their hand out asking Scotland to pay £15billion for the pleasure...Dragging our feet and making life difficult for the bastards is the least we can do.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It was a 'UK' referendum , not a 'count the individual country's votes' referendum .

Scotland's in the UK : Sturgeon is being a tw*t about it ,she should just shut up and get the fact : it was a UK referendum , not a 'Scotland didn't vote for it' pile of bull.

It's called democracy : only idiots and daleks with their own agenda don't get that .

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I feel the Scottish are the only ones keeping the UK sane right now.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
And we Have to Pay for the BBC!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
And we Have to Pay for the BBC!

Only if you watch live TV. If you only watch catch up tv there's no need for a TV licence and no law saying you need one regardless of what they tell you.

The TV itself cannot be licenced as it has more than one use, ie, Video, CD's, Music, Gaming, Computer..etc etc..

Oh, and those TV detector Vans in the ads from the 70's. They were not real either.
edit on 19-7-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT
It was a 'UK' referendum , not a 'count the individual country's votes' referendum .

Scotland's in the UK : Sturgeon is being a tw*t about it ,she should just shut up and get the fact : it was a UK referendum , not a 'Scotland didn't vote for it' pile of bull.

It's called democracy : only idiots and daleks with their own agenda don't get that .

Whatever your opinion, Sturgeon is the first minister for Scotland and has every right to look wherever possible to the interests of Scotland first. Personally, I'm not too keen on a nationalist party being in power for one part of a political union as they (whatever the country) will have their own interests at heart, possibly over and above the common interests of the union, but that's by the by, she is doing what she was voted in to do.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Yes they need to go allright, wait till you see the Andrew Marr show from today.

I never heard of him but the wife had the Blatant Bias Corporation on TV to watch the remembrance ceremony.

About an hour ago, this guy Marr comes on with some Sir somebody general, and starts talking about the need to boost our 'defence capabilities' and that

In this New World [order] we need more than ever to co-operate and update our defences

Then came some scaremongering rhetoric about how Russia is updating their stuff & how the UK is going to spend another 17 billion etc and our new submarines & the focus on 'new technologies', hints that a chunk of that money will go into intel gathering (accompanied by the words terrorist & threat etc) but mostly it was about having a military deterrent.

Yeah, right.

So they are openly telling us they are prepping for war & that Ivan is probably the target.
Sorry, i meant enemy.

BTW, If the Scots had left the UK it would have cost them their pensions, one good reason to stay i guess...i don't live there but that's what i understand to be the main reason they voted to stay...

That Andrew Marr show isn't on YT yet but i will post it when it turns up.
You all need to see it, mind-blowing i call it.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I wonder what the UK will do when they dont have the EU to back them up if Trump comes knocking to renegotiate trade deals as he claims he wants?
edit on 13-11-2016 by Pyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle
No idea, but he will keep buying cheap Chinese or Polish steel i guess.

The UK is probably strong enough economically to go it alone, no other EU country has that option.
France is almost bankrupt, Germany like the rest of them are in hock to the ECB & the World Bank, Italy wants out but can't leave for the same reason.
Yes it will be a hard time for the English, but at least they will be free of the downright crazy poop coming out of Brussels.....besides, the UK has always had a 'special agreement' with the USA, they can still use us as a permanent aircraft-carrier off the coast of Europe, LOL

Wait till Trump does a 180 on the gun owners, then it will hit the fan pretty hard.
I dont trust him, but i trusted Hillary even less, LOL

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

1) Bit off topic for this thread

2) We dont have I bleieve any trade deals yet as they where all through the EU

3) The EU have already hinted at a trade war with Trump (so the EU looks like a bad place to be)

4) The UK and other rich countrys dont exactly have much to fear as it is not our countrys sucking jobs and money from the USA as we have similiar standards of living and production costs. It is the 3rd world countrys that are sucking the jobs away, not just from the USA but all of us.

5) The UK pays its way in NATO by paying above the agreed amount. So it does not have to worry there.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

He told the Guardian he feared the move could lead to a recession.

well duh! of course we will have a recession, but it wont be long. We might not even have one. its expected a big move like brexit will have some sort of knock-back for a short space e of time until it moves forward.

no fear over recession as we will come out of it ok as usual. hopefully better this time. Its always big rich CEOs of large organizations that always spread the fear. Its them that will feel it not the normal working day people.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Yes, The shock-horror of Trump winning hit the market for 3 days, losing about 100 points a day, now it's almost back where it was last week.

Off topic again, but this was funny, listen to his words at 00:42;

Am i going deaf?

He said "we are going to do spectacular things to the american people"

Not FOR them, but TO them

ETA; 'spectacular' can mean anything, you can have a 'spectacular' nuclear war, for example....
edit on 13-11-2016 by playswithmachines because: afterthought

<< 1  2    4 >>

join