It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC needs to go!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I d
Let's just sign article 50 and get on with it. What's the hold up.?

Your Bitch Sturgeon apparently.

Yeah, i was wondering when our glorious Leader and all things Scotland would be mentioned by you and others in this thread. Obsessed much?

So much for Little Scotland having no power at Westminster...Ahahahahahaha.

BTW. What you just said about Nicola Sturgeon was complete and utter bull#. Prove the delay is caused by Nicola Sturgeon. Go on, quote the BBC, I dare you... Ha.

For someone bitching about the media in this country you sure as hell pick and choose whatever they say to suit your agenda.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep
a reply to: uncommitted

It would be like you and a group of colleagues trying to sell a product to another company and one of your colleagues screaming during the deal, "I'm not sure our product is any good. Maybe you shouldn't trade with us! The sky is falling! We're doomed! Run! Run while you can!"

All world markets are basically faith based today. Your own new stations shouldn't sabotage you by screaming the sky is falling.

It's nothing of the sort, and more to the point people can't complain about the BBC being biased and then complain it's not biased in the way they want it to be.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I d

Oh don't be stupid. This thread is full of typical brexit nonsense whining about the outcome because things are starting to turn bad (as we remainers said it would). The agenda of the Tory party has nothing to do with Scotland. It's all about preserving big business. The people with money do not want brexit so they will be trying to delay it and even propose a second referendum in 2 years time (Owen Smith has started from the red tory side). Ironically enough this merely delays the inevitable (a downslide) and the quicker we take the pain the better so we can try and climb back up again.

Face up to the cr.p that brexit is starting to hit the UK with and stop trying to blame somebody else.

Australia trade!!!! Oh please. WE are p.ssing off a trade block with a combined GDP of 18 Trillion and are jumping about with glee becasue somebody with 1.3 Trillion wants to trade with us. Oh and the EU has or is in the process of drawing up free trade agreements with most commonwealth countries. So we will have gained precisely NOTHING!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

Then I said

Yes it needs to report the negatives but not exclusively ignoring positive news.

It called a qualifying remark.

Your taking what I said out of context.

Yes the BBC needs to report both sides. But its front page news and headlines seem to focus on the negatives.It should be focusing on both.

I read the story about the Australian leader talk about a trade deal with the UK from a link on the BBC front page on the top half of it. I was reading it a few hours after it went live so for all I know when it was first published it could have been the top story. You seem to be clutching a bit here.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I d

Yeah, i was wondering when our glorious Leader and all things Scotland would be mentioned by you and others in this thread. Obsessed much?

So much for Little Scotland having no power at Westminster...Ahahahahahaha.

BTW. What you just said about Nicola Sturgeon was complete and utter bull#. Prove the delay is caused by Nicola Sturgeon. Go on, quote the BBC, I dare you... Ha.

For someone bitching about the media in this country you sure as hell pick and choose whatever they say to suit your agenda.

It seems to be the Brexit team that is saying there is no rush to set off the process, but people like to have a scapegoat that suits their needs better I guess.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I listen to BBC world news on radio almost every night at 02:00 UTC +1 and i must agree with crazyewok that it has been surprisingly negative, but maybe people want to hear wurst case scenario so they understand they must roll up the sleeves and prepare themselves.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I find it hilarious all this talk of trade deals. I have bought stuff from Canada, Australia, the US and various other countries outside Europe without a problem. The only problem now is with the arse has falling out the Pound, for every £100 i spend abroad costs me £22 since brexit.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
Oh and the EU has or is in the process of drawing up free trade agreements with most commonwealth countries. So we will have gained precisely NOTHING!!!

We gain separation from a corrupt, bureaucratic , out of touch, incompetent and doomed layer of government.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Firstly I feel that this should be in the rant section.
Secondly you mean no more awesome nature shows or Attenborough?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Sturgeon: I can block UK exit from Europe

On Friday, Theresa May indicated that Brexit could be delayed as she said she would not start the formal process for leaving the EU until there is a "UK approach" backed by Scotland. In a sign that the new Prime Minister was committed to keeping the Union intact, Mrs May said she would not trigger Article 50 - the formal process for withdrawing from the EU - until all the devolved nations in the country agree

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The BBC is supposed to be balanced so they have a duty to report the negative.

However, like you say, it would also be nice to see some positive too..........

I have to say though, until we officially leave we are in a kind of limbo and that really isn't good. I have also read other reports in the FT from other hedge fund maagers saying basically the same thing - the markets are currently still in shock but when they wake up our economy will drop like a lead balloon. I guess only time will tell.

I am not really sure how optimistic i am though. For example, David Davis (our new Brexit Minister) has really been put in his place by May by giving him that position. During Brexit, he seemed to think (as just one example) that he could negotiate a trade deal with German car manufacturers........um, no David it doesn't work like that. Germany are part of the EU trade bloc and any deals would have to go through EU negotiations (rather than direct negotiations with Germany). The fact he doesn't realise this most basic of points and yet he is in charge of our Brexit really doesn't fill me with hope.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

On Friday, Theresa May indicated that Brexit could be delayed as she said she would not start the formal process for leaving the EU until there is a "UK approach" backed by Scotland. In a sign that the new Prime Minister was committed to keeping the Union intact, Mrs May said she would not trigger Article 50 - the formal process for withdrawing from the EU - until all the devolved nations in the country agree

Oh look, BIG BOLD TYPEFACE< IT MUST BE TRUE..

So it's absolutely nothing to do with Nicola then.. May is using Scotland and some bull# story about a United Kingdom before the signing of article 50..Pathetic.
She's not signing it because she's knows it will cost us dear if she does, She want's people like yourself (The gullible) to believe it's all Scotland's fault when the fact is she's a coward and is running scared of pulling the pin on the Brexit grenade.

Show me where Scotland/Nicola has the power to block Brexit. Typical MSM nonesense spread far and wide by people like yourself to suit your anti-Scottish bigoted agenda.

Scotland gets a Tory party and Prime Minister they never voted for. Get's dragged out of Europe, something else they never voted for. Has 800 unelected Lords and hereditary peers they never voted for, a unelected head of state they never voted for..... Sound like anything you know.?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Oh and the EU has or is in the process of drawing up free trade agreements with most commonwealth countries. So we will have gained precisely NOTHING!!!

We gain separation from a corrupt, bureaucratic , out of touch, incompetent and doomed layer of government.

It is Europe you are talking about here. ? I could have sworn you were talking about Westminster and the UK for a minute.

(post by questionspedia removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It is Europe you are talking about here. ? I could have sworn you were talking about Westminster and the UK for a minute.

Thats why we don't need Europe . We already have our own buffoons why do we need ANOTHER incompetent layer of government?

(post by crazyewok removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Scotland gets a Tory party and Prime Minister they never voted for. Get's dragged out of Europe, something else they never voted for. Has 800 unelected Lords and hereditary peers they never voted for, a unelected head of state they never voted for..... Sound like anything you know.?

Then # off then.

No ones stopping you.

You even had a vote to piss off.

Just call a 2nd referendum and be done with it. Scotland's bitching is pathetic.
99% of the English don't give a # about Scotland and if it stays. Go clear off.

I'm Confused here. Have we to F### off, P### off or Clear off..

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Here's what Nicola actually said.

Now read it and let it sink in that you just quoted a BBC puff piece in a thread ranting about the BBC and it's puff pieces....Hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Then # off then.

No ones stopping you.

Just call a 2nd referendum and be done with it. Scotland's bitching is pathetic.

Dont you get it?

Know one in England cares.

You can go. The only people stopping Scottish Independence is the Scottish.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Then # off then.

No ones stopping you.

Dont you get it?

Know one in England cares.

You can go. The only people stopping Scottish Independence is the Scottish.

The only person talking about Scotland and independence is YOU... Derail your own thread why dontcha..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join