It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC needs to go!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Sick of the BBC now.

Articals like THIS are doing damage to the UK. This was top story in the business section for most the weekend.

The EU referendum is over. its done. We are leaving.

Om things will be difficult but there are already positive signs of trade deals. But running the UK and its economy down in the press will create a self fulling prophesy.

If business only see negatives highlighted in then there confidence will be knocked.

Other positives news was posted at the weekend like Australia desire for a free trade deal but that was relegated to a small section . Instead the doom and gloom was promoted!

The BBC obviously has a agenda. Fine if it was a private company. But its not, its a public company. Not only should it be neutral it should not be actively promoting negative stories that could damage the UK. Yes it needs to report the negatives but not exclusively ignoring positive news.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I've been living in a basement lately.

Hows the whole leave the EU working out for ya kids across the pond?

I support the average Bloke sixpack, hows this going to help them?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Dont know yet to be honest.

We haven't officially left yet and the process might take 2 years.

For the average UK citizen it could good.

Wages could very well go up due to the end of depressed wages.

The problem is business owners who will have to pay there people people more due to the fact mass immigration wont be depressing wages. Naturally its the big businesses bitching the most about leaving the EU....

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
You are of course right. Any potential negative impact should be blindly ignored. The BBC isn't there to just represent your views you know.

At the moment the words from Australia are nothing more than that and will remain only that until we are out of the EU, although strangely a lot of the pro Brexit people seem to be happy to delay that for as long as they can. Having said that, it was reported and it was fairly prominent on the web page so I'm not sure what your point is.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The BBC is stuffed full of anti British, lefty morons who want nothing more than to see the nation crumble around them while they wring their hands in glee.

Its 2016, the licence fee is a tax on information, it should be abolished and the BBC can sink or swim in the market.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
You are of course right. Any potential negative impact should be blindly ignored. The BBC isn't there to just represent your views you know.

I NEVER said that. In fact if you could read I said

Yes it needs to report the negatives but not exclusively ignoring positive news.

So I suggest to look at improving your reading comprehensions skills.
edit on 18-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

From your linked article.

OMGI has managed funds worth £26bn for both institutional and individual investors

That's just over what this company has just been sold for.

UK technology firm ARM Holdings is to be bought by Japan's Softbank for £24bn ($32bn) it confirmed on Monday

www.bbc.co.uk...

£26 billion is just chicken feed.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The BBC is just a Propaganda agency. What do you expect?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
The BBC is stuffed full of anti British, lefty morons who want nothing more than to see the nation crumble around them while they wring their hands in glee.

Its 2016, the licence fee is a tax on information, it should be abolished and the BBC can sink or swim in the market.

Exactly.

Its a relic of the past that needs to be privatized.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The BBC is just a Propaganda agency. What do you expect?

If its going to spout Propaganda it should at least have the decency to spout Propaganda that benefits the country's rather than runs it down.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The point is that the markets are faith based so if you're having lack of faith in yourself then others will not have faith in you either (thus not want to trade.)

@those who don't understand his point.
edit on 7/18/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I dont know. You believe a free trade deal with a country (Australia, population 15 million) a positive, but breaking away from free trade deals with an entire continent, population 500,000,000 is also a positive. it doesn't make sense. I'll see your Australia and raise you a Europe.

As for the BBC, yip, it's been called the Biased Broadcasting corporation for a years now, but in this case i believe they are well withing their rights to Broadcast business fears over Brexit.

Let's just sign article 50 and get on with it. What's the hold up.? The longer the delay the worse it will get for everyone. As for wages rising, what good will that be if the pound aint worth # and the price of everything goes through the roof.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I dont know. You believe a free trade deal with a country (Australia, population 15 million) as a positive but breaking away from free trade deals with an entire continent, population 500,000,000 is also a positive. it doesn't make sense. I'll see your Australia and raise you a Europe.

We wont be tied to just ONE trade deal though.

There have been other country's expressing interest.

Plus those trade deals wont come with the strings of a corrupt, undemocratic ineffective government body attached like the EU.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: uncommitted

I NEVER said that. In fact if you could read I said

Yes it needs to report the negatives but not exclusively ignoring positive news.

So I suggest to look at improving your reading comprehensions skills.

I can read fine, you said...

The BBC obviously has a agenda. Fine if it was a private company. But its not, its a public company. Not only should it be neutral it should not be actively promoting negative stories that could damage the UK

Do you not read that as 'it shouldn't be saying things that I'd rather people didn't get to see'? I'm not quite sure how you don't see it as anything other. To be neutral, you show both positive and negative.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The BBC will never go. Just to prove how powerful they are, any other brodcaster/company that would of had any dealings with paedophiles like Jimmy Saville would of been shut down. But not the BBC I may stand corrected but I don't think one single BBC director were ever punished for Jimmy Saville
edit on 18-7-2016 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Seriously? What needs to go is FOX, CBS...the MSM in the US of A is nothing more than big brother bullying shoving motherless, bent factoids in our hears.
Do yourself a favor...burn the TV box and listen to your heart.
Also...vote...it is important.
Cheers

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

It would be like you and a group of colleagues trying to sell a product to another company and one of your colleagues screaming during the deal, "I'm not sure our product is any good. Maybe you shouldn't trade with us! The sky is falling! We're doomed! Run! Run while you can!"

All world markets are basically faith based today. Your own new stations shouldn't sabotage you by screaming the sky is falling.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Then I said

It called a qualifying remark.

Your taking what I said out of context.

Yes the BBC needs to report both sides. But its front page news and headlines seem to focus on the negatives.It should be focusing on both.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I d
Let's just sign article 50 and get on with it. What's the hold up.?

Your Bitch Sturgeon apparently.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

BBC is one of the best media organisations in the world. Can't think of another that's comparable. Every penny of my licence is well spent - golddust for buttons.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join