It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now...Protests in Liverpool over Death of Black Teen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
In England and Wales around 20-30 people die in police custody, and this is a massive reduction from a couple of decades ago. If you are in police custody you are mollycoddled and this is as it should be, because the police have a duty of care regardless of the circumstances. Each death in custody results in an inquest. In the past there has been (quite rare now) rulings of unlawful killings in police custody, so we should keep an open mind.

The problem with events such as this is that the "open mind" does not get a look-in. It is terrible to lose a son regardless of the circumstances. However, there are reports he was armed, so hardly the "my son would not hurt a fly" scenario.

1. The guy died because of something he did - e.g. he swallowed drugs, including purposefully obstructing police action to mitigate.
2. The guy died because of something the police did i.e. violently, including in reaction to violence e.g. use of taser.
3. The guy died due to a procedural error e.g. he died from swallowing drugs but the police were too slow to save his life.
4. The guy died from a pre-existing medical complaint - including undiagnosed, e.g. a heart attack.

Black lives do matter. However, in the UK so do white lives matter. I detest the tendency towards the politics of division. The UK has a completely different racial environment to that in the States.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: lSkrewloosel
This is what pissing me off.

Things are not perfect but the UK done a lot of work integrating community's and we have pretty good race relations.

Yet the USA mismanagement is going to rip our efforts part????

And people wonder why UK members keep commenting on US issues! We wouldn't need to if they kept there # to themselves!

Seriously?

BLM didn't start in the UK did it?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Haha, what idiots. I'm from Liverpool it's not the 80s anymore, no racial tensions at all here.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: liammc
Haha, what idiots. I'm from Liverpool it's not the 80s anymore, no racial tensions at all here.

Me too and really no tension since 1981 when the Toxteth riots erupted. It led to Toxteth being regenerated and efforts from the police and council to build bridges. Having said that I do drive a taxi and really we don't like to work the area.
edit on 18-7-2016 by leajay01 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Whew! (wipes forehead)
I thought America was the only racist country in the whole wide world.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Things are not perfect but the UK done a lot of work integrating community's and we have pretty good race relations.

And people wonder why UK members keep commenting on US issues! We wouldn't need to if they kept there # to themselves!

Seriously?

So should the State dept label them as international terrorist organization now?

Or should they name it an international hate group?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Seriously?

So should the State dept label them as international terrorist organization now?

International Community Organizers..... if they give them any label.

edit on b000000312016-07-18T08:49:21-05:0008America/ChicagoMon, 18 Jul 2016 08:49:21 -0500800000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: liammc

Yet.....lol
If this BLM carp continues to creep over here though I can imagine problems arising from certain sectors of our wonderfully multi cultural utopia although I'm not going to say which sector. It could well get out of hand just on a smaller scale that the US luckily though many of us Brits of all colours tend to be rather meh bugger it

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: liammc

Yet.....lol
If this BLM carp continues to creep over here though I can imagine problems arising from certain sectors of our wonderfully multi cultural utopia although I'm not going to say which sector. It could well get out of hand just on a smaller scale that the US luckily though many of us Brits of all colours tend to be rather meh bugger it

Yes the far right nazi group always getting run out the city every time they show up. Racism isn't tolerated in our city.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Are you #ing serious?

What on God's green Earth has the US got to do with this incident, other than your cops and citizens may not be the angels you think they are?

Please explain in detail what the US has to do with this.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Are you #ing serious?

What on God's green Earth has the US got to do with this incident, other than your cops and citizens may not be the angels you think they are?

Cause they are just copying US culture.

The incident in the op is a non issue and BLM are trying to hijack the bloody thing for the sake of causeing a fuss.

The police didnt shoot anyone or abuse anyone.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Seriously?

Take your pick.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: leajay01

Another scouser here. L8. I can confirm a lot of police cars with sirens in the last half hour or so, but can not confirm if this is related.

We don't really do racism here.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Are you #ing serious?

Cause they are just copying US culture.

The incident in the op is a non issue and BLM are trying to hijack the bloody thing for the sake of causeing a fuss.

The police didnt shoot anyone or abuse anyone.

nope it seems you just have an ignorant mama who thinks her baby can do no wrong. But don't get mad when your citizens jump on the idiot bandwagon. That only shows the mentality of the people. And it's not a very flattering picture.

The UK is quickly becoming a tiny version of the US with all it's problems. (or is that a stupid way to think, just basing everything off of a few news articles?)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The UK is quickly becoming a tiny version of the US with all it's problems. (or is that a stupid way to think, just basing everything off of a few news articles?)

Nope your likely pretty much correct.

The facebook crowd are just blindly following your culture and trends to that conclusion.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I wasn't aware of this but apparently there were protests in Brixton at the week-end over the killings of 2 black men in the USA. Why pray tell are black people in the UK protesting about something that seriously does NOT affect them here in the UK? But will do if they carry on kicking off about something they know jack sh*t about? I well understand all the solidarity and support thing but come on....this is going to cause more harm than good. Oh and the leader of this esteemed group of BLM supporters an 18yr old 6thf orm student. Great...a lifetime of experience there then!

Guardian
edit on 19-7-2016 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The facebook crowd are just blindly following your culture and trends to that conclusion.

Damn, that is sad.

<< 1   >>

join