It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God Abandon Us?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: windword

NOPE.

God is like a very thorough incinerator to sin.

Bull. That's what the Bible tells you.
I swear, every Christian on ATS sounds the same. Have any of you ever thought it through? Like how can committing an EVIL act, somehow be righteous? When I say evil, I mean requiring bloodshed of innocent animals, or asking for the sacrifice of your son, or killing people for the stupidest reasons. Condoning slavery, rape, genocide, etc. Oh yea, it's all "OK", because GOD commanded it or did it Himself.
Sheesh.

That's another thing I've always questioned... Why so much blood? All of the murder and sacrifice, all of the talk about "washing robes white again" with the blood of the lamb, not to mention the blood ritual acted out through communion (for some).

For a religion that always screams purity and righteousness, all the blood references seem way out of place.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Question for all the fundamental Christians on here....what do you say about those who have BEEN Christians (many for decades) and after actually digging and researching the whole religion, realized that it was filled with contradictions (which you can actually find in the Bible if you dare to), filled with deception, and WALKED away from it all.
Some of us have actually experienced ALL of what it teaches, in regards to being filled with the Spirit, miracles occurring, hearing God speak to them. YET....they still become disgusted with much of what is in the Bible and with Christianity.
How do you explain that???

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

God is quite willing to accept an earnest, sincere request for Him to make Himself real to you in terms you can wrap your understanding around.

He does insist on responding in His own ways and His own time. And it's usually in ways that still provide a measure of a requirement for faith while also providing a fairly strong indication that HE IS THERE.

He doesn't tend to respond well to folks who are haughty, arrogant, hostile, prickly, indignant, etc. etc. He's not one to "suffer fools gladly," if, at all.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

God said He would have a people tested in the refiner's fires . . . like gold refined 7 times . . .

some take their eyes off of Him . . . and shipwreck because they started focusing on destructive things, lesser priorities etc.

I've been there and done that.

Nevertheless, His Word kept proving itself true in my life . . . about me, people, mankind, life.

It would have been terminally stupid for me not to admit that and return to Him accordingly.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

He doesn't tend to respond well to folks who are haughty, arrogant, hostile, prickly, indignant, etc. etc. He's not one to "suffer fools gladly," if, at all.
a reply to: BO XIAN

Ahhhh.....I see, it's only Christians who can act like that to other people who disagree with them. Got it.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

some take their eyes off of Him . . . and shipwreck because they started focusing on destructive things, lesser priorities etc.

OR....some actually realize that the God of the Bible IS destructive. OR, they have put their whole heart and soul into said "God" and then realized that there are too many things that don't add up on this planet.

Yea, me too. I still have the same questions, though.

Nevertheless, His Word kept proving itself true in my life . . . about me, people, mankind, life.

His WORD doesn't prove itself true....unless you are willing to give every single original thought away to this entity. You know..."don't question, just believe".

edit on 19-7-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheChuckster

If there is a God could this be true?
Are we all alone now?
Why would it abandon us?

The story of the mirror, moonlight, talking reflection seems like something for the paranormal sub forum rather than conspiracy. But anyway:

Much would depend upon what mental picture "God" evoked upon hearing it from the reflection, and what concept is in your mind as you recall the incident.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I know it would be egoistical to think the human is special or chosen etc... But, Why else would this thing point a random human to go somewhere?

Are delusions of grandeur a problem for you?
If so, perhaps everyone else got the same message from the mirror but don't want to talk about it.

There: Conspiracy

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Did God Abandon us?

Yeah, he went off back to his planet of origin to be with his people and tell them about the new fertilised world they just built.

Amazing huh?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Shahada

The only "God" is the invisible, unknown and incomprehensible originator of life.

When (hypothetically speaking) we are abandoned by said entity we will not exist

Good point. We wouldn't be alive to notice it, much less cry out about it.

Sorry you're banned.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I am a little curious . . . does one have to go to school to learn to think themselves more wise and clever than

I think someone must get some sort of indoctrination in order to be setting boundaries and definitions on what is beyond comprehension.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: Shahada

The only "God" is the invisible, unknown and incomprehensible originator of life.

When (hypothetically speaking) we are abandoned by said entity we will not exist

Good point. We wouldn't be alive to notice it, much less cry out about it.

Sorry you're banned.

WHY was Shahada banned??? I guess I missed something. Been out most of the day.
I like Shahada. She/he brings up great points...not only on this thread but many others. Dang.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

God said He would have a people tested in the refiner's fires . . . like gold refined 7 times . . .

It would have been terminally stupid for me not to admit that and return to Him accordingly.

Ok, I had to ask you a question. IF you saw a little child dying of starvation, would you help it? IF you came upon a child about to be tortured, raped, and killed...would you stop it? IF you saw the merciless slaughter of 65 BILLION animals a year on this planet (in mass production, for us to eat), and none of them...I mean NONE of them get any mercy, would you stop it? IF you saw some woman about to be attacked and god only knows what else, would you stop it?
Here's the problem I have...I WAS a Christian, for over two decades. I lived, ate, and breathed the "WORD of GOD". So, you aren't telling me anything I don't already know about "his Word".
So answer me this...if you would stop it. Then, why doesn't God?....not only does He not stop it, but He (according to His Word) expects US to. Oh, and if we don't do anything to help (like burying your talents instead of using them), then you will be cast out as an unfaithful servant. Hmmmm, why are we responsible to "fix things"...and HE ISN'T?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Discussing it would be considered off topic.

A parable:

Once upon a time a god did not appreciate being kicked off Olympus.
He came back with a new name.
After a few days, his identity was discovered,
exiled again.

The plaque on the gate to Olympus read,
No multiple identity deities allowed.

That's just my guess. But must not discuss.
That's the higher realm, reserved for moderator deities.
edit on 19-7-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
Discussing it would be considered off topic.

A parable:

Once upon a time a god did not appreciate being kicked off Olympus.
He came back with a new name.
After a few days, his identity was discovered,
exiled again.

The plaque on the gate to Olympus read,
No multiple identity deities allowed.

That's just my guess. But must not discuss.
That's the higher realm, reserved for moderator deities.

(Chuckle)... I think I got it.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn
I have some issues with the traditional idea of a God.

The main one being that "he" allows so much suffering of people he claims to "love". How could a loving God let babies and children starve to death on a daily basis? How can he stand the suffering, if he loves them so much?

The other problem I have is that we were "created" with all of this human nature stuff, much of it being off limits, and if we even entertain the idea, of whatever "sin" is tempting us, we could be punished for the very thought alone. Why create us that way? Why set us up for failure from the get go? Why set it up so that we have to run to him for forgiveness, for things that he ingrained in us, during our creation, on such a frequent basis?

Were we abandoned? Maybe... But what would be the point? Just leaving his experiment to run amok? Wouldn't an all powerful God have a better handle on the situation?

And, no, I'm not an atheist, just for the record.

My thoughts, exactly.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: MrThortan
a reply to: imod02

I always refer to God as an it, for it is not a man, nor women. It is the sum total of all things and none of us are certain what it is. This is not to take away the person hood of God, but more so the lack of human language to accurately define God in proper terms.

Jesus said my father in heaven..... not mommy.....

Pretty clearly written and explained in NT.

I do not see the confusion and why you have it?

You can't see the confusion? Really?
It's because you think every word out of that book is inerrant. Some of us went outside that book and realized it's NOT. Oh, and love the condescending tone there. "Mommy"?
Good grief.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I appreciate the thoughtful response. If he does reach out to me and make himself known, how do I know which version of god is reaching out to me?

I do not understand how I am being any of those things that you are claiming that I am, hostile etc. I have an open mind, which is the opposite of most of the people that have their religious beliefs questioned.

If I sit quietly and meditate without trying to communicate with god, I might have a divine experience either way. People have experienced all kinds of different things when practicing mindfulness.

If I read the book of Mormon, and do the same thing with the same results, it is god talking to me. If I did it while thinking of Christ and ask forgiveness, it is Jesus Christ talking to me.

So which one is it? We could talk about this all day. Bottom line is and will remain that I will believe it when I see it. If god would like to make himself known, I am all for it. If not, then I will assume that he does not care, and I will find out after I leave this spinning rock.

There are too many religions that all claim the same thing. Most people are introduced to religion based on locality and family culture.

If you are born and raised in Pakistan, you will most likely practice Islam and believe Islam is the only true word of god and all other people that do not practice you are going to hell.

If you are born in Alabama, chances are you will be born into a Christian family and believe Jesus Christ lived and died for our sins.

If you live in Utah, chances are you will be raised as a Mormon and believe that Christianity is the "previous" version of Christianity, and that when you die you will get your own planet.

I guess it's just the luck of the draw for all of those poor people that were born in the wrong location that are now going to burn in hell for following the wrong religion.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Great record of being WRONG, there.

You do seem to have a LOT of company in this era, though.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Oh, I think it's usually wise to say something like . . .

"I don't want any impostors, I want to hear from The Top God of all gods only."

He is well able to insure that His message to you is unique and makes it through all the noise, distractions and imposters.

He does seem to like cliff-hanger events, however. Many folks are on the brink of forgetting it, giving up on Him etc. just before He responds. Not totally sure what that's about . . . unless it's some sort of test of one's sincerity, patience etc.

It might also be good to ask Him to draw you to Him in clearly discernable ways.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join