It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God Abandon Us?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Philosophy, philo (love) sophia(wisdom)

Philosophy=love of wisdom

I think you meant their "ideology."

edit on 29-7-2016 by Muffenstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

What the hell are you talking about! Read my post! I said as we move forward and know more about the universe.

How do i live in ignorance ? I cant wait to read your reply!

Your implication was that God is NOT moving forward.
and that some type of humanistic based philosophy
nonsense is somehow better.

Common sense informs me, especially here in America
that we've grown incessantly worse. We've went from a fairly
morally structured My Three Sons society to an Orange Is
The New Black immorally despotic culture.

That's not moving forward.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq

What the hell are you talking about! Read my post! I said as we move forward and know more about the universe.

How do i live in ignorance ? I cant wait to read your reply!

Your implication was that God is NOT moving forward.
and that some type of humanistic based philosophy
nonsense is somehow better.

Common sense informs me, especially here in America
that we've grown incessantly worse. We've went from a fairly
morally structured My Three Sons society to an Orange Is
The New Black immorally despotic culture.

That's not moving forward.

I did not say we are moving forward as a society, because i know we are not. The world is a messed up place at the moment in many ways.

I meant moving forward scientificly and what we know about space, how we got here etc

People may still want to cling to a god and claim faith as their evidence, but there is no God.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I did not say we are moving forward as a society, because i know we are not. The world is a messed up place at the moment in many ways. I meant moving forward scientificly and what we know about space, how we got here etc People may still want to cling to a god and claim faith as their evidence, but there is no God.

I know you mean well, but you've simply been fed a sloppy
plate of lies concerning "space".

Unless God's Spirit teaches you spiritual knowledge you'll never come
to an understanding that what you've been taught about space is
nothing more than water.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq

I did not say we are moving forward as a society, because i know we are not. The world is a messed up place at the moment in many ways. I meant moving forward scientificly and what we know about space, how we got here etc People may still want to cling to a god and claim faith as their evidence, but there is no God.

I know you mean well, but you've simply been fed a sloppy
plate of lies concerning "space".

Unless God's Spirit teaches you spiritual knowledge you'll never come
to an understanding that what you've been taught about space is
nothing more than water.

You are entitled to your opinion and your faith. But me, the lies i see are in a book written by primitive men..

And like i daid before. If any if these religion s are true, i would be gutted!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

If there is no purpose, no plan, no greater agenda, no goal, why

Divisive anger, righteous moralism, religious ferver, what is it based on?
Just pure hate?

urbandictionary - Cheap shot
Also called fighting dirty is an action or actions that are considered 'dirty,' deliberate, unnecessary or excessive because they are perceived as unethical, unfair, dishonest or a 'last ditch desperation move' ways for one to gain favor or the upper hand in a scenario for themselves or their cause as oppose to "taking the high road and fighting fair". These are aimed at something vulnerable, sensitive or unprepared for the damage.

These actions are usually considered to be easy, crafty ways to get a desired result and may involve breaking written and social rules or involving things that aren't even relevant to the issue at hand if convenient to quickly make things difficult for the opponent and 'take heat off themselves'. They may also be used when the user simply has no legitimate or fair moves, points or reasons to get their way and desired victory or glory or might not even deserve it, but to someone willing to use a cheap shot "a win is a win, even if everyone else thinks I'm a scumbag. They're just jealous!"

Cheap shot one liners quite often get many stars, I've noticed. If it seems witty and very little actual work is involved, yeah, quick easy way to get stars. I've probably done it myself a few times.

But usually, I try to at least put in as much effort as Ralphie did on his theme.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
So its a rejection of all religious and moral principles, no right no wrong, yet...They are right all the time and those against them are always wrong, extremism
Life is meaningless, yet....so much meaning by some so called nihilists, so much we are right and you are wrong extremism

You're mixing up the contexts again. "Right and wrong" as in "good and evil" in the nihilist context is not the sme as "right and wrong" of the "correct and incorrect" context of the fundamentalists.

Why post this stuff below, what purpose

Chit chatting with others on ATS. We can't really read any deeper into that without falling into assumptions.

If there is no purpose, no plan, no greater agenda, no goal, why

Divisive anger, righteous moralism, religious ferver, what is it based on?
Just pure hate? Where is the hate from

Maybe mom forced them to be choir boys and stuff happened to them there that made them hate.

Fundy atheists think they are fundamentally the only ones right, and those not like them are backwards.
The elitist fundies, a religion of atheist elites, superiors, beyond non fundies in intellect, unmatchable.

Using fundamentally in the sentence doesn't mean that you are using it correctly.

Atheism is an idol to them, worshiped, evangelised, served, unquestionable.

I guess the purpose is to point to the fundie atheists extremities, highlight their extremist actions as they highlight others extremities.
Two extremes, no middle ground.

We don't need you to do this.

I have no hate for them, just want to point out they are no better than those they accuse, extremists.
But of course their agenda is right, righteous, worth the fight

You have used the correct term "extremists" more times in your post then the forced term of "fundamentalists".

To me it seems like you are using fundamentalism to try and draw a false comparison that actually seems extremist on your part.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
You are entitled to your opinion and your faith. But me, the lies i see are in a book written by primitive men..

and even "spiritual knowledge" is applied with a good dose of confirmation bias.

How many people of one religion have a spiritual experience and end up singing the praises of a god completely foreign to them?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

We disagree and I don't mind we disagree, totally
Doesn't stop the fundamental extremist atheists abounding here
and while you don't think I need to do that, I do, someone needs to highlight their hypocrisy, does it embarass you

As for the rest, assumption, this is not science so assumption is reasonable I guess

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

We disagree and I don't mind we disagree, totally
Doesn't stop the fundamental extremist atheists abounding here

I've noticed many members wanting to force atheists to accept that atheism is a religion. You have even said that you believe it to be, in this thread.

Pot meet kettle.

and while you don't think I need to do that, I do, someone needs to highlight their hypocrisy, does it embarass you

There is no reason why it would embarrass me

As for the rest, assumption, this is not science so assumption is reasonable I guess

It's not the inquisition either.

edit on 29-7-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
God is what is seeing and knowing and always present.
Without the all seeing and all knowing being present - the question could never arise.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Without the all seeing and all knowing being present - the question could never arise.

Is it a being?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Is it a being?

It is not 'a' being - it is being all that is.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

How many people of one religion have a spiritual experience and end up singing the praises of a god completely foreign to them?

Damn few, I'd imagine. The praise seems to go to the deity they are most familiar with, depending on regional and parental teaching.

Example: Zeus comes down and has a chat with a guy. The guy then goes to his monotheistic church which denies the existence of Zeus, and wants to be baptized into that monotheistic church because of his religious experience. Probably happens quite often, perhaps not with Zeus, but that's the idea anyway.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It is not 'a' being - it is being all that is.

I know, that isn't what the thread is about. The thread is about "a" being.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

and even "spiritual knowledge" is applied with a good dose of confirmation bias.

We are only human. I am not saying being religious is a completely bad thing. If it makes you a better person, then thats great.

But you can be spiritual and believe none of the religions. Really, if you read the the christen or islam books, and see the horrible things that are in there. Things that god is ok with, then how and why would you want to worship an evil, primitive, ignorant god?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

We are only human. I am not saying being religious is a completely bad thing. If it makes you a better person, then thats great.

But you can be spiritual and believe none of the religions. Really, if you read the the christen or islam books, and see the horrible things that are in there. Things that god is ok with, then how and why would you want to worship an evil, primitive, ignorant god?

I was agreeing with you and actually pointing out why MrBlaq's spiritual knowledge may be tainted by his own predisposition to a particular religion.

Yes you can be spiritual and still be an atheist. When a christian and this kind of atheist butt heads the christian might feel the atheist is clinging to an extreme position of atheism but, at least in my case, they are just debating the veracity of the bible.

edit on 29-7-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I havnt noticed many members calling atheism a religion at all, noticed lots of atheist decrying religion like fundys

Can you not see the hypocrisy

As for the rest, meh

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The title of the thread asks - Did God abandon us? God is what is here always so God has not abandoned anything. God is the ever present happening - there is nothing other.
It is the 'us' which should be questioned.
Is there really any thing separate from this; the ever present happening?

edit on 29-7-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I havnt noticed many members calling atheism a religion at all, noticed lots of atheist decrying religion like fundys

You do it.

Can you not see the hypocrisy

Yes and I see you doing it as well so you should not be slinging stones.

As for the rest, meh

Take it or leave it, it is what it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join